Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChiefKN
    replied
    I really don't think you could go wrong with one of the foams from the USFS list (as someone else mentioned).

Especially at the proportions we use in wildland fire.

Leave a comment:

• Gnufsh
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowbreaker View Post
    We use both Silvex and Phoschek WD881. They are basically the same as far as making foam. Right now we have mostly Silvex because it was cheaper when we ordered foam last year.

Brad
    Fire-Trol seems to make good foam at lower concentrations than Phos-check to me. I don't have much experience with silvex.

I believe the original question was asked in reference to special effects, actually. He doesn't care about the fire-fighting properties of it. However, I am very curious about what people find works better for extinguishing fires.

Leave a comment:

• MTWILDMAN
    replied
    Chemguard's First ClAss Foam has been working very well for us. Plus it meets USDA requirements for all fire suppression applications, EPA requirements for toxicity and produces very good quanities of foam.

Leave a comment:

• MREFFECTS
    replied
    66 for 5 gal..here

Leave a comment:

• Bowbreaker
    replied
    We use both Silvex and Phoschek WD881. They are basically the same as far as making foam. Right now we have mostly Silvex because it was cheaper when we ordered foam last year.

Brad

Leave a comment:

• MREFFECTS
    replied
    i heard phoscheck is good..just don't have a local distributor ;-(

and their sales rep for the area never calls back

Leave a comment:

• gilamonster
    replied
    USDA Forest Service Approved

Look at the list of approved foams from USDA Forestry Service. Some of the best are Phoschek WD881, National Gold, Firetroll. Dish soap is not biodegradable. The bio test requires no traces of foam after 2 years. Dish soap will last as long as some class b foams.
    Later

Leave a comment:

• MREFFECTS
    replied
    using silvex at 1% now.. i get a good 60:1 expansion with the nozzle i built that last a good 4 hours before it starts to flatten out..good enough for me

the original trouble i had stemmed from someone slipping in a bottle of 6% mix and i didn't notice..it was driving me nuts till i saw the label..got it back to normal now though

Leave a comment:

• RangerJake72
    replied
    would have to say this depends on your foam system, choice of nozzles and the proportioning rate

Leave a comment:

• Gnufsh
    replied
    It would be a lot more cost effective to just use dish soap (dawn, etc) in the right proportion.

Leave a comment:

• MREFFECTS
    started a topic foam question

foam question

what is the best foaming foam, with no reguard for fire properties.
    just needs to be white for looks

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X