Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just heard "cal fire" on the news the other day

Are they switching out logos as well?

No my understanding is CDF will still be CDF, although I have heard they rearranged the wording to California Department of Fire & Forestry instead of forestry & fire. The Calfire name is just what they may be called, basically an "official" nickname. In time they may change the logos on the engines but the document authorizing the name change specifically states they may not replace existing letterhead, decals etc.

Its like Caltrans, the official title of the agency is the California Department of Transportation, but they are generally known as Caltrans.

Comment

http://www.fire.ca.gov/newsreleases_...AL_FIRE_NR.pdf

State Fire Department to be known as CAL FIRE

Sacramento – CAL FIRE now will be used in reference to CDF and the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, Director Ruben Grijalva announced today. Assembly Bill 1423 went into effect January 1, 2007 allowing the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection to be referred to as CAL FIRE where appropriate.

"The formal name of our department hasn't changed," said Director Grijalva. "Over the last 100 years our mission has become increasingly complex and the length of our full department name reflects that. The use of CAL FIRE incorporates all aspects of our department -- Fire Protection, Resource Management, and the Office of the State Fire Marshal.”

The department’s mission has not changed as CAL FIRE will continue to provide the same first rate emergency service and world renowned resource management to the residents of California with simply a new name. Just as the California Department of Transportation is better known as CalTrans, or the California Department of Boating and Waterways is known as Cal Boating, CAL FIRE will be used to reflect the full services provided by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.

To minimize any unnecessary costs, the bill stipulates that no current materials, supplies, signs, insignias, decals or logos shall be destroyed or changed as a result of the authorization to use CAL FIRE. Once the old supplies are exhausted, new materials will be used.

CAL FIRE plans a formal rollout introducing the use of CAL FIRE in May during Wildfire Awareness Week. The name CAL FIRE is spelled out in two words with all capital letters. There is no hyphen or any other punctuation mark between the words.

CAL FIRE responds to over 350,000 incidents per year while protecting over 31 million acres of California.
      #
      Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
      "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

Comment

Originally posted by NonSurfinCaFF View Post
        No my understanding is CDF will still be CDF, although I have heard they rearranged the wording to California Department of Fire & Forestry instead of forestry & fire. The Calfire name is just what they may be called, basically an "official" nickname. In time they may change the logos on the engines but the document authorizing the name change specifically states they may not replace existing letterhead, decals etc.

Its like Caltrans, the official title of the agency is the California Department of Transportation, but they are generally known as Caltrans.
        CDF will stay CDF they aren't renaming it fire and forestry. CAL FIRE will be the name of the fire side. We DO have new patches coming out, same shape but they don't have the tree and flame anymore just a picture of the state and it says CAL FIRE across it(there are actually four models they're looking at the decision is to be made feb 28th) tho it will retain the california department of forestry and fire protection at the top. All new apartatus will have the new insignia, as well as all new uniforms. Any monikers that are damaged or need to be replaced will be replaced with the new one. One of the main reason's for the change from my understanding was that they wanted us to be known as a fire dept, to seperate us from the forestry side, it also opens us up for more federal money. But from here on out when you call a CDF station they will answer the phone CAL FIRE, and we will be known as CAL FIRE not CDF. There is a five year phase out period for all old insignias from what i've read. hope this helps a little

Comment

Originally posted by dustinlevengood View Post
          CDF will stay CDF they aren't renaming it fire and forestry. CAL FIRE will be the name of the fire side. We DO have new patches coming out, same shape but they don't have the tree and flame anymore just a picture of the state and it says CAL FIRE across it(there are actually four models they're looking at the decision is to be made feb 28th) tho it will retain the california department of forestry and fire protection at the top. All new apartatus will have the new insignia, as well as all new uniforms. Any monikers that are damaged or need to be replaced will be replaced with the new one. One of the main reason's for the change from my understanding was that they wanted us to be known as a fire dept, to seperate us from the forestry side, it also opens us up for more federal money. But from here on out when you call a CDF station they will answer the phone CAL FIRE, and we will be known as CAL FIRE not CDF. There is a five year phase out period for all old insignias from what i've read. hope this helps a little
          Hey which Ranger unit are you based in?

I'm in CZU [Santa Cruz San Mateo co]

Comment

Riverside RRU

Comment

Originally posted by dustinlevengood View Post
              Riverside RRU

small world

My captain came out of that unit, Tim O'Donohue...his brother is still down there

Eric

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X