67 Hr Wildland Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 67 Hr Wildland Academy

I almost got hired with CDF last season, but the only thing that I did not have was my 67 hour wildland cert. I have my firefighter 1 and all the other bells and whistles, but our wildland academy was not accredited, so it doesn't count. I am willing to travel to be able to get just my 67 hr cert but I cannot seem to find any classes! I have looked everywhere but cannot seem to find the right course! PLEASE HELP!!!
    Thanks!
    Eric

Where're you at? I know Porterville College in the central valley offers it. I think SLO County may as well. Not too sure about NorCal or SoCal.
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Comment

Santa Rosa Jr. College in Norcal has two sessions in the Spring Semester.

Comment

can u tell me exactally what class it is. I could only find the firefighter 1 academy and i already have that. Thanks again.
        Eric

Comment

Eric--best bet is to call the school's fire science department and ask. I don't recall ever seeing a 67 hr wildland class listed on COS or Porterville's class schedules, but I know they offer it.
          My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Comment

The class is held in the summer semester(Santa Rosa Jr. College). Sorry about that. I told you Spring sem. It's listed as CDF Wildland Academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4Eric View Post
              can u tell me exactally what class it is. I could only find the firefighter 1 academy and i already have that. Thanks again.
              Eric
              I'm new here..I found this link. Might be what you are looking for.

Rich
              http://www.cdfslo.org/Training/Docum...UR-ACADEMY.pdf

Comment

Thank you so much for you help, I actually has this same question posted on firecareer.com and got this website from a reply to my question on there! Thanks for your help!
                Eric

Comment

hey guys, I'm actually a firefighter out in jersey and plan to move back to California. I've read some of the posts here for academies and training requirements to get picked up by Cal Fire/CDF. I used to live in Downey, CA which is near the Rio Hondo Fire Academy. They have a class listed in may for "wildland fire academy" but not much is said on if it's the 67 hr wildland cert. I've tried contacting the head coordinator, but the emails fail, and they aren't picking up the phones. I was wondering if any of you know if this course is the 67 hour one, or know of a course that starts up in the summer time and around the so-cal area, or of any links/resources i can use.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X