This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

I've since published Sunrise Fire (www.qualityparks.org) and thank you for all your comments, even though some were tough to swallow. As a follow up, regarding the Esperanza Fire, I suggest you also go to this link which discusses the fire situation and ways to improve fire safety:
    http://www.coloradofirecamp.com/espe...al-factors.htm

Comment

wow. Quite the post to read. Overall, sometimes dispite every bit of knowledge, training, weather information, and planning, terrible things can happen. No matter how much knowledge of fire you have, you can still get killed or injured. If you try to do this job thinking that your invincible due to your immense knowledge of fire, your going to march off to your own death (and probably someone else that just happened to follow you).

It does seem like that through this post, you have learned quite a bit about how we "West Coast" folks fight wildland fire. I think that if we have all learned something is that we may need to improve communication with our brothers on the East Coast.

Hopefully, we can all agree that our thoughts and prayers are with that Engine Crew and their families.
      -Tradition-
      Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X