Montana Senator Burns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana Senator Burns

First of all , I am not from Montana. I do however, feel that is quite inappropriate for any elected official to criticize wildland or any other firefighter, man or woman. If they are not on the front lines, with the firefighters, they should just say "thank you for doing you very best", then leave them alone. If they cannot be grateful, they can at least be thankful or quiet. He simply does not know what tough, grueling work fighting fire really is. To that VA. hotshot crew, and all other firefighters, everywere, "GREAT JOB". Don't let one jerk bring us down. Take care and be safe out there, all.

Politicians should proivide the resources then step back

Blasting fire crews is not a smart move. If their management is ineffective then change it. They are there to follow orders and implement what their management plan dictates. They are ultimately responsible for their own safety. Have the guts to confront those at the top not the foot soldiers at the bottom. As a legislator make sure they are provided with adequate resources to do their job effectively. Ranchers need to actively work with the fire crews not against them. If fire crews say it is not safe then that is so.
    Disclaimer
    These views are my own and not of either my brigade or any other organisation.

Comment

There's been a discussion about this going on for a few days in the following thread ... Senator Conrad Burns apology to FF's

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=83077
      September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
      IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
      Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader