Stupid placement of news van....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid placement of news van....

Anyone catch this picture of brilliance at work??

Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

It's OK, the dish on top of the truck allows the truck to be beamed out of there just in the neck of time!!

Comment

Let me guess.

News crew; "They can't deny the public's right to know. We'll sneak in and get the real story. We will probably get an award for this."

Fire Division\Group Supervisor: "Take your engine strike team and a law enforcement rep to go rescue those idiots".

The news crew does get an award. It's a sign nicely printed in bold letters.

STUPID

Stay Safe
      IACOJ

Comment

This is a good one for the newsguy to take a look at what not to do. I'll bet there was some explaining to do about how they got pictures of their news van burning up.
        Les Hartford
        Assistant Chief
        LMR Fire Dept.

The views posted here are strickly my own and not of any of the groups I am affiliated with.

IACOJ Member

Comment

Natural selection at work.
          ullrichk
          a.k.a.
          perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Comment

No one got hurt or killed, so I don't have a problem calling it "poetic justice". Would now be an appropriate time to say "we told ya' so"?
            Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

News crew; "They can't deny the public's right to know. We'll sneak in and get the real story. We will probably get an award for this."
              Yep, they made a good run at a Darwin award!

What do you suppose one of those remote broadcast trucks costs? 75 or 100k?

Comment

$$$

Camara equipment alone in those rigs is outrageous...the communications is expensive too...

But hey! Why not love the stupid people, they pay our paychecks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rayr49
                  Let me guess.

Fire Division\Group Supervisor: "Take your engine strike team and a law enforcement rep to go rescue those idiots".

The news crew does get an award. It's a sign nicely printed in bold letters.

STUPID

Stay Safe
                  IACOJ

Watched it live on NBC yesterday, Chuck Henry was doing a story and firefighter's were lighting a backfire the fire got out on control and Chuck Henry was trying to finish his live broadcast despite being told he needed to leave

The van stalled out and a CDF Firefighter had to pull Chuck Henry and his reporter out of the van to safety
                  Engine 101
                  The Pride of Old Town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeU8-8xSvMU

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/Seagrave7/

Comment

I wasn't aware of the full circumstances when I made the "Let me guess" post. It was based on some past dealings with the media.

It now falls into the "Best laid plans of mice and men" catagory. Thankfully no one got hurt and the news crew now has a better understanding of what we deal with. I am curious on the dollar loss to the vehicle. The van itself was probably $35,000 to $40,000. How much was the installed and portable equipment worth?

Stay Safe
                    IACOJ

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...