Blower Sprayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower Sprayer

We have been using high power leaf blowers to make fire line for a number of years...I saw a video online of a combination Stihl blower sprayer. It seemed to work in the video, but there was no real explanation or other information. Has anyone used this combination blower sprayer? If so what were your results and thoughts. Please share.
    BB

I heard about this video at an incident last week. We deduced tut it was the kit sold for big and mosquito spray that hooks up to the blower. You could use water along in it but I don’t know how much water it actually puts out.

Comment

I heard the TX smokejumpers make and use those.

Comment

Never seen that here in TX. I have used one in Missouri that pushes CAFS through it, but it has to have at least a booster line hooked to it. Makes great class A foam.

Comment

This is what I bought and used in Missouri. https://portacafs.com/pdfs/operating_manual.pdf

Comment

I have never used the PORTACAFS unit, but I am familiar with their promotional materials. My dept. has a CAFS engine and a small Foam (CAFS) attack type truck. The blower sprayer to which I refer is pretty much a back pack blower designed for spraying insecticide, etc and the FD uses water for their liquid and gets a mist along with the forced air. I did think about putting a water/class A mix in the tank should we decide to try a unit like this...but it would not be the rich CAFS mixture like the PORTACAFS unit. Thanks
            BB

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X