Wildland Fire Headlamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildland Fire Headlamp

What is your choice? Some think a light is a light, while other are very specific about their light. Most choose a AA battery, same as radios and are free at camp. Do you prefer a flood for up close work or spot for accurate, distance trail finding work. Looking for advise. Thanks

I have a princeton tec corona. 3 AA's, very bright, but can change to a single LED for those times you don't need a lot of light.
    IACOJ
    Stopping controlled burning DOES NOT stop the burning, only the control!
    http://www.wy.blm.gov/fireuse/fums.htm

Comment

Most around here use Foxfury Performance Headlamps

Comment

Petzel makes really good head lamps too
        Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Comment

We were given these huge, heavy red halogens. I switched to my Petzl Tikka XP, but I had to take my own AAA batteries.

I like the look of the Princeton Tec Carona above, so you can save in batteries.

Comment

If I buy better quality stuff on my own dime, I make sure it uses AA batteries
            IACOJ
            Stopping controlled burning DOES NOT stop the burning, only the control!
            http://www.wy.blm.gov/fireuse/fums.htm

Comment

Depatment issues Foxfury for use with structure gear. For wildland, I purchased a Energizer head lamp for 13 bucks at Walmart. Serves the purpose I got it for, AAA batteries are plentiful, and I am not out much money in the event something happens to it. They are pretty tough too, mine has taken one helluva beating over the past 4 years it has been in service.

Comment

Look a the PIXA series by petzl

I like the pixa series by petal.we use the pixa 1 which more of a wide beam close work head lamps.The pixa 2 or 3 may work better for others.price was also a factor for us.
                Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

Comment

Personally I prefer Streamlight Argo Headlamp. It has some of the brightest LED lights I've ever seen. Hard plastic body that is water resistant, you can't go wrong.

Comment

I ended up using the streamlight hard hat rubber strap with a 2 AA flashlight, worked out great.

Comment

We have got Spark ST6-220 headlamp which is really powerful and also one of the best.
                      A TEFL online and TEFL online course is a great way to learn how to teach.

Comment

Originally posted by RedeyeHawk View Post
                        We have got Spark ST6-220 headlamp which is really powerful and also one of the best.
                        Have been using the sd52 for a while, great light

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X