What kinda truck is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kinda truck is this?

We bought this truck to fix up, but it has no id plate or obvious markings. If anyone reconizes this engine and can give me some info I'd be grateful. The location of an operators manual would be even better.
    Attached Files

no idea but it looks like a money pit to me

Comment

That's an International logo on the cab door handle, if I see it right.
      “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
      ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by EastKyFF View Post
        That's an International logo on the cab door handle, if I see it right.
        I second that, Thats a pretty Wild looking Engine
        Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Comment

I'm betting it was a prototype from a manufacturer when they were going out for the design and bid of the new Army M1142 fire fighting vehicle.

Here is a link to the M1142: http://www.olive-drab.com/idphoto/id...fire_m1142.php

I might be totally off base....but just a thought.

Comment

That HEMTT package (M1142) is mammoth compared to the rig that is pictured. He posted this in another section here, and there is some more info.

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118822

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
              That HEMTT package (M1142) is mammoth compared to the rig that is pictured. He posted this in another section here, and there is some more info.

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118822
              I realize its not the current version. I'm just wondering if this wasn't maybe the catalyst years prior to the M1142. Sure looks like the front end of a crash truck, but clearly lacks the fire fighting equipment needed for ARFF.

Comment

You know, looking at other Amertek bodies, it sure reminds me allot of their styling. The cab of course doesn't, but the body indeed does.

Comment

If it IS amertek (and I am just not seeing it) they need to run as quickly as possible in the opposite direction.

If they already own it just take it now to the scrap yard.

Comment

I'm wonder if it was even originally built for firefighting or not. When I first looked it the pic on the other thread, I thought it looked quite a bit like a Gamma Goat.

The hinged body and what appears to be a skid in the back makes me wonder if it was some kind of military cargo vehicle that's been converted.

Comment

If it IS amertek (and I am just not seeing it) they need to run as quickly as possible in the opposite direction.

If they already own it just take it now to the scrap yard.
                      The only reason I suggested the Amertek is because of the hinged body compartments as seen in the attached photo I grabbed off the net.... Like I said, I may be way off base. For their sake, I hope I am!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I haven't even a clue what it could be, but it is kinda cool looking! I will volunteer my 80 acres in northern Minnesota to run her through it's paces....
                        My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
                        "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                        George Mason
                        Co-author of the Second Amendment
                        during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
                        Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

I'm curious if the sign in the background of the first photo, depicting a man twisted about a driveshaft, is some sort of odd foreshadowing?
                          Career Fire Captain
                          Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
                            I'm wonder if it was even originally built for firefighting or not. When I first looked it the pic on the other thread, I thought it looked quite a bit like a Gamma Goat.

The hinged body and what appears to be a skid in the back makes me wonder if it was some kind of military cargo vehicle that's been converted.

I just have never seen a Gamma Goat looking that clean...

It does smack of some heavy conversion action.

Comment

I just have never seen a Gamma Goat looking that clean...

It does smack of some heavy conversion action.
                              I don't think it's a Gamma. That hinged body just reminded me of it. I wonder if it's a later model of the same type of vehicle or something, though.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X