Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWOTIS
    replied
    We are required to carry hot shields face masks in case we get into heavy smoke.

cal-osha and cal-fire require lots of protection...

Leave a comment:

• slackjawedyokel
    replied
    Dont forget some aluminun foil.

Leave a comment:

• ramseycl
    replied
    A couple things to add:

Advil (ibuprofen of some kind)
    Benadryl(if you have allergies)
    and as my friend so delicately put it: Something to make you go and something to make you stop going. (anti constipation medicine and anti diarrhea medicine) Sure isn’t fun to get stuck out on the line for days and have problems.
    Write in the rain note pad in pants pocket (also keep papers in a zip lock in my pocket)
    Batteries!!!!
    space blanket
    Spare glasses/ contacts if you wear them

Extra stuff I always have
    Sling psychrometer and RH tables
    Kestral weather meter
    GPS
    If you’re a sawyer I always have an extra file and wedges in my pack, and a bar nut or two on my key ring.

Leave a comment:

• Bushwhacker
    replied
    I got ya! Makes sense now.

Leave a comment:

• gobears75
    replied
    I was'nt paying attention to the starting thread, this is stuff that I carry on a hotshot crew, although while I was on an engine we would at times carry sigs if a saw was needed, but that was rare

Leave a comment:

• Bushwhacker
    replied
    Originally posted by gobears75 View Post
    Lets see here, so much fun stuff
    2 gallons water
    6 fusees
    gas/oil sigs
    3 light sticks
    warmie
    beenie
    waterproof jacket
    lighter
    irpg
    knife
    2 MREs
    headlight
    extra batts
    wet wipes
    power bars/snacks
    poison oak wipes
    supplement powder for water
    flight gloves
    extra laces
    all ppe
    handtool
    first aid kit
    crossword puzzles
    why are you carting Sigs?

Leave a comment:

• gobears75
    replied
    Lets see here, so much fun stuff
    2 gallons water
    6 fusees
    gas/oil sigs
    3 light sticks
    warmie
    beenie
    waterproof jacket
    lighter
    irpg
    knife
    2 MREs
    headlight
    extra batts
    wet wipes
    power bars/snacks
    poison oak wipes
    supplement powder for water
    flight gloves
    extra laces
    all ppe
    handtool
    first aid kit
    crossword puzzles

Leave a comment:

• mikeyboy
    replied
    I guarantee the drip loop WILL hang on something before you hit the ground.
    I luv it..... So true..... ROFLMAO.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyboy
    replied
    Yep yep... Plus, no bending-over... Dam, I'm getting lazy..... LMAO.

Leave a comment:

• slackjawedyokel
    replied
    I am a died in wool "engine slug" and from the South also so its torches for just about everything we do. And carrying a torch through the woods is also a big safety plus ------ if you ever fall off a cliff, I guarantee the drip loop WILL hang on something before you hit the ground.

Leave a comment:

• Bushwhacker
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeyboy View Post
    B.W. or T.P. is like "Fire Line Gold..." You'd be surprised what a Guy would trade for it in desperate times..... LOL.

Medicated Gold Bond (blue bottle) Powder. It's good fer the tootsies and also in the valley, hopefully you're picking-up what I'm throwing down... LOL.

I carry similar to what Bushwacker carries minus the fusees and diesel since we have those on the Rig. If I'm doing a burn job, then I'll carry fusees and lots of them so I can stack them and not have to bend over. We light our Drip Torches from our fusees, keeps the digits away from the dripping fuel.
    Lol Diesel is what my Multi tool is called, Sorry about that.

Originally posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    Fusees vs drip torches - kinda another "regional" type thing - We carry a bunch on the engine , but seldom used.
    You can use the Fusses to Light the Drip Torch I love the torch but they are kinda unpractical to to carry in your line gear, but man they sling do much more fire SO much faster.

Leave a comment:

• slackjawedyokel
    replied
    Fusees vs drip torches - kinda another "regional" type thing - We carry a bunch on the engine , but seldom used.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyboy
    replied
    B.W. or T.P. is like "Fire Line Gold..." You'd be surprised what a Guy would trade for it in desperate times..... LOL.

Medicated Gold Bond (blue bottle) Powder. It's good fer the tootsies and also in the valley, hopefully you're picking-up what I'm throwing down... LOL.

I carry similar to what Bushwacker carries minus the fusees and diesel since we have those on the Rig. If I'm doing a burn job, then I'll carry fusees and lots of them so I can stack them and not have to bend over. We light our Drip Torches from our fusees, keeps the digits away from the dripping fuel.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    Originally posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    Ditto on the lighter - nothing more embarrasing than setting up to burn out a road and have to run to a spot on the flank some where, to light off your torch. With about 7 engines lined up laughing and hollering "hurry up "
    More then once, that was how I got to work the torch.

Leave a comment:

• slackjawedyokel
    replied
    Ditto on the lighter - nothing more embarrasing than setting up to burn out a road and have to run to a spot on the flank some where, to light off your torch. With about 7 engines lined up laughing and hollering "hurry up "

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X