Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

An, eyes wide open, assessment of a downfall.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An, eyes wide open, assessment of a downfall.

A-Rod has not had a post-season RBI in two years. He couldn’t field a moderately hit ground ball and once he managed to pick it off the dirt, couldn’t hit the old man playing first. Though he has a no-trade clause in his quarter billion dollar, 10 year contract, he needs to be moved. If he won’t accept, send him to the Clippers to play out his deal.

Mariano Rivera, by far the most valuable trade bait on the team. No spring chicken, but worth tremendous value in the trade market.

Johnny Damon, I didn’t think anyone could prowl centerfield as well as Bernie did and have a weaker arm at the same time. I was wrong. Move him for some real prospects.

Jason Giambi, anyone can hit a ball over the Stadium right field porch. Get a left handed bat that plays first and send him and his medical kit packing.

Hideki Matsui, trade him, I could find a dozen left fielders to replace him at league minimum. Or just put Melki back there. He did a pretty good job getting the Yanks to October.

Carl Pavano, unconditional release!

Mike Mussina, thanks for the memories but you also have value. Let him go and restock the farm.

Jarret Wright, trade this guy for a bag of used batting practice balls.

Bobby Abreu, he showed some great promise, since coming to the Yankees, trade him for some talented minor leaguers.

Randy Johnson, just retire. You’re old and just plain unsightly.

Joe Torre, just retire. Let Lou Pinnela rejoin Mattingly and the Gator. Even if they don’t win, right away. He’ll always be entertaining as he inquires about an umpire’s poor decision.

Gary Sheffield, just retire. I never liked your whole act before you were a Yankee and you ended up playing first base because nobody wanted to hear you whine about sitting on the bench.

Bernie Williams, just retire. Thanks for the effort. You were the worst base runner I’ve ever seen.

Chien-Ming Wang, young and hungry. He can stay.

Robby Cano, this is what the team needs to put on the field. Like 1996 when a bunch of home grown farm hands won the World Series.

Jorge Posada, a gamer. Looked better this year, both behind and at the plate, than ever before. A keeper, by all means. Let him and Tony Pena groom the next Yogi Berra.

Derek Jeter, the “never say die” Captain will inspire every new “kid” the Yankees bring up in the future. I would bet he would take a pay cut if that’s what it would take to put a winner on the field. Pure class.

The Yankees need to start over. Without the lure of instant gratification, they need to build from the bottom up. And who will perform this transformation? Not Brian Cashman! Dump him too. Bring back Stick Michael as the GM. He’s the guy who built the Great Yankee team of the 90s. He did it with kids brought into the system from high schools and colleges that his staff of scouts appraised for him. Anyone can find an all-star and over pay him to come to New York to pad their already swollen salary with open market endorsements for Madison Ave.

And a note to the Boss. George, after you cut about $200M in salaries, how about making a game affordable for me to bring my kid to? $8.00 for a warm, flat beer? $5.00 for Cracker Jack? C’MON! You’re building a new stadium, build a new team to play in it. It starts with a strong foundation so restock the minors.

[QUOTE=E229Lt]Joe Torre, just retire. Let Lou Pinnela rejoin Mattingly and the Gator. Even if they don’t win, right away. He’ll always be entertaining as he inquires about an umpire’s poor decision.[QUOTE]

Watching ESPN this morning, this might be happening.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Comment

Lt,

I was happy to see that a world series can't be bought. I was also happy to see the Tigers get through the Yanks with such young talent. We've waited a long time for Illich to start bringing in good young talent from the farm system. I hope next years better for you.

Comment

From a diehard yank fan....I was glad to see the Tigers win and here is why. The problems start at the TOP. Thats right Georgie. He is an idiot with money. Utilize the farm system and stop trying to buy sucess. I agree A-rod, Johnson, and a few others would be better off somewhere else. I think Torre should stay however. He cant controll the blunders(A-Rod) produces by the team. A-rod should have sit out alot of games and someone else should have taken his spot but when you pay them MILLIONS, they gotta play. Farm the system and you will have a team to be proud of.
        Buck
        Assistant Chief/EMT-B

Comment

You guys are pretty prophetic. It sure appears that A-Rod is washed up.
          PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

Unfortunately, the Columbus Clippers aren't associated with the Yankees anymore. They're now the Washington Nationals AAA affiliate. I spent a lot of time watching future Yankees develop and some of the big leaguers either rehab or just get their game back. To get to see some of these guys terin' it up trying to get to the show was just incredible. As good as they were with the Yankees, some of them were even better when they were Clippers....and hungry.

Damn, I'm gonna miss that.
            Steve Gallagher
            IACOJ BOT
            ----------------------------
            "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
              You guys are pretty prophetic. It sure appears that A-Rod is washed up.
              Thanks George I needed a good laugh
              Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Comment

It's still early in the season.
                "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

4-straight HR's for the Sox's man....This is crazy.
                  Mets are still the best team..there HOT !!

Comment

Originally posted by Steamer View Post
                    Unfortunately, the Columbus Clippers aren't associated with the Yankees anymore. They're now the Washington Nationals AAA affiliate. I spent a lot of time watching future Yankees develop and some of the big leaguers either rehab or just get their game back. To get to see some of these guys terin' it up trying to get to the show was just incredible. As good as they were with the Yankees, some of them were even better when they were Clippers....and hungry.

Damn, I'm gonna miss that.
                    Wow, how did i miss that!?!?!
                    ------------------------------------
                    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                    ------------------------------------

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse