Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Is Pres. Obama Lying?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeorgeWendtCFI
    started a topic Is Pres. Obama Lying?

Is Pres. Obama Lying?

IF you subscribe to the thinking that Pres. Bush was lying about WMD in Iraq, please read this article from the conservative think tank known as the New York Times:

March 20, 2009
    Many in Government Knew Weeks Ago About A.I.G. Bonuses
    By EDMUND L. ANDREWS and JACKIE CALMES
    WASHINGTON — The question was direct and prescient. Representative Joseph Crowley, Democrat of New York, asked the Treasury secretary in an open hearing what could be done to stop American International Group from paying $165 million in bonuses to hundreds of employees in the very unit that had nearly destroyed the company.

Timothy F. Geithner, the Treasury secretary, responded by saying that executive pay in the financial industry had gotten “out of whack” in recent years, and pledged to crack down on exorbitant pay at companies like A.I.G. that were being bailed out with billons of taxpayer dollars.

The exchange took place before the House Ways and Means Committee on March 3 — one week before Mr. Geithner claims he first learned that the failed insurance company was about to pay a round of bonuses that have since caused a political uproar.

A Treasury spokesman, Isaac Baker, said in a statement on Thursday night, “Although Congressman Crowley raised the issue of the bonuses two weeks ago, Secretary Geithner was not aware of the timing or full extent of the contractual retention payments or the other bonus programs until his staff brought them to his attention on March 10.”

Mr. Baker said that after Mr. Geithner had been briefed on the bonuses, he called Edward M. Liddy, the chief executive of A.I.G., and “insisted that they be renegotiated and restructured, in light of the extraordinary assistance being provided by taxpayers.”

Mr. Baker added that Mr. Geithner “takes full responsibility for not being aware of these programs before last week.”

Interviews with senior Federal Reserve and Treasury officials, as well as members of Congress, leave little doubt that the bonus program was a disaster hiding in plain sight. Mr. Geithner is not the only one who appears not to have understood the populist fury the bonuses would set off.

Career staff officials at the Treasury, Fed and Federal Reserve Bank of New York exchanged e-mail messages about the A.I.G. bonus program as early as late February, according to a person familiar with the matter. A.I.G. itself revealed the bonus plan in regulatory filings last September.

In November, when the bailout of A.I.G. was restructured, Treasury and Fed officials negotiated the terms under which A.I.G. could make the retention payments. And in December, Democratic lawmakers sought a hearing about the payments.

A.I.G., which incurred staggering losses through its sale of complex financial instruments tied to mortgage-backed securities, has received more than $170 billion in capital infusions, loans and credit lines from the federal government since last September, and is about to get $30 billion more.

A.I.G. executives have insisted that they informed the New York Fed about the bonus plan, and that they assumed the New York Fed was informing the Treasury.

Treasury officials have suggested that the New York Fed and the Federal Reserve Board in Washington failed to alert the Treasury staff until March 5. And Fed officials said that they not only alerted the Treasury staff weeks earlier, but discussed the issue with them via e-mail.

Despite the interagency discussions in February about A.I.G.’s ill-starred bonus plan, as well as Mr. Geithner’s exchange on the matter in a hearing, Mr. Geithner continued to insist on Thursday that he had not really understood the magnitude of the bonuses until one week ago.

“I was informed by my staff of the full scale of these specific things on Tuesday, March 10,” Mr. Geithner said in an interview with CNN on Thursday. “As soon as I heard about the full scale of these things, we moved very actively to explore every possible avenue — legal avenue — to address this problem.”

As early as December, two Democratic lawmakers had vociferously and repeatedly complained about the bonuses, and one of them went so far as to demand the resignation of A.I.G.’s chief executive.

But both Mr. Geithner, and the chairman of the Federal Reserve, Ben S. Bernanke, were preoccupied at the time with multiple crises. The nation’s banks were reeling from as much as $2 trillion in mortgage-related losses. The recession was deepening and unemployment was soaring.

Mr. Bernanke’s team at the Fed and Mr. Geithner’s team at Treasury, moreover, were reluctant to impose what they viewed as “punitive” and possibly self-defeating pay restrictions on companies being bailed out.

In early February, Mr. Geithner opposed a provision in the economic stimulus bill that would have slapped a steep tax on the kind of bonuses that A.I.G. was about to pay.

If A.I.G.’s plan to pay out an additional $165 million in bonuses came as a surprise to Mr. Geithner, it did not come as a surprise to staff at the Treasury, the Federal Reserve in Washington or the New York Fed.

Staff at all three agencies had been in daily communication with each other about A.I.G. ever since the Fed agreed to lend the company $85 billion in September in exchange for almost 80 percent of the company.

In late November, after A.I.G.’s plight became worse and the Treasury jumped in with a $40 billion capital infusion, the three agencies negotiated cuts in bonuses and salaries for many of the company’s top executives.

Officials at the New York Fed carried out the most direct oversight of A.I.G., and they were well aware of the coming bonus payments, said a person familiar with the matter.
    Admittedly, I cannot locate a reference to who the Dem lawmakers were, but if the libs can accept whatever is printed in the NYT w/o question, this should not be a problem.

If this article is taken as fact, that would mean that members of the Obama Administration, the Federal Reserve and the Congress was aware on Innauguration Day that AIG was planning on issuing these retention bonuses.

Now, fast forward to last night on Leno (from the Kansas City Star):

Posted on Thu, Mar. 19, 2009
    Obama tells Leno he was stunned at news of AIG bonuses

BURBANK, Calif. | President Barack Obama said Thursday on “The Tonight Show” that he was stunned when he learned of the bonuses that bailed-out insurance giant AIG was paying its employees.

Obama told host Jay Leno that the payments raised moral and ethical problems — and that the administration was going to do everything it could to get the money back.

But Obama added that the bigger problem is the culture that allowed traders to claim them.

He said that has to change if the economy is to recover.

Obama also said his embattled treasury chief, Timothy Geithner, is doing an “outstanding job.”

Listing the recession, the banking crisis and the need to coordinate with other countries, Obama acknowledged Geithner is “on the hot seat.”

But he said too many in Washington were trying to figure out whom to blame for things — when they should be focused on fixing them.

According to NBC, Obama is the first sitting president ever to appear on “The Tonight Show.” He appeared twice as a candidate.

In his opening monologue, Leno said lots of people were surprised that Obama would come on NBC — figuring he’d be tired of big companies on the brink of disaster with a bunch of overpaid executives.

Leno also joked about the dismal state of the economy, saying it’s so bad Obama flew to California on Southwest Airways — making nine stops.
    Are we to believe that Pres. Obama was in the dark on this whole subject? I mean, AIG is being touted as being at the root of the financial crisis and that its failure would have triggered a collapse of the world economy. Yet, people in several areas of the government were not keeping the White House informed?

Seems to me that this may be a lie. But, then again, I am a hateful conservative.

• scfire86
    replied
    Originally posted by fire5555 View Post
    That is the American way
    Totally agree with that. Going all the way back to George Washington.

Leave a comment:

• fire5555
    replied
    Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. One thing we do know is that if a GOP is elected president, he or she will still be blaming Obama. History has shown that to be the SOP.
    That is the American way

Leave a comment:

• scfire86
    replied
    in two years it will not matter

than in four years it will not matter
    Maybe, maybe not. One thing we do know is that if a GOP is elected president, he or she will still be blaming Obama. History has shown that to be the SOP.

Leave a comment:

• fire5555
    replied
    in two years it will not matter

than in four years it will not matter

Leave a comment:

• scfire86
    replied
    Originally posted by txgp17 View Post
    Your calling me a moonbat is no different that anything espoused by liberals. Whatever they allege is always the exact opposite of reality.It's like a physician caring for a patient, where Dr. Obama's treatment causes the patient to gain more weight than had ever been recorded in history. Then some talented nurses and dieticians joined the team against the will of Dr Obama, then the patient loses half the weight they gained. Which is quickly touted by Dr. Obama as how good his prescribed treatment was for the patient.
    Which is a typical tactic of yours to attempt deflection with something that is totally irrelevant to the topic. Nice try.

And the CBO warns that this is a temporary lull and that the deficit storm will return in full fury next year, reaching $600 billion under the most realistic assumptions. The deficit will keep going up because the politicians won’t do anything about the entitlements that drive the deficit.And President ZerØ has done nothing to help it along. Prices are down because OPEC members want them down.
    -Saudi prince: $100-a-barrel oil 'never' again: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...rrel/21484911/
    - How OPEC Weaponized the Price of Oil Against U.S. Drillers: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-0...8-selloff.html Which is even odder still given we have a president who's publicly stated that under his plan energy prices "would necessarily skyrocket." He wants higher energy prices.
    Blah blah blah. The usual blabber from you. Which does nothing to address the reality that the economy is doing well.

Back in 2008, when we had a President who loved American rather than loathed it, you credited falling gas prices with a decrease in demand. [http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t102568-11/#post978627] And you went on to say that the decrease in demand was because the world economy was tanking.
    Which was true at that time.

But at the present time, you chose the credit falling gas prices with who's in office, and make no mention of demand, which should be at the highest ever because you insinuate that the economy is the best ever thanks to President Zero.You have no memory at all. All you know are liberal talking points. I did complain about high fuel prices while Bush was in office, read it here: http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t102568-2/#post974842 where I wrote: "We did this do ourselves. We chose to drive inefficient vehicles and live 30 minutes from work. Our rise in power in the last century relied more on the supply of cheap oil than any other factor. " Oh he's successful alright.
    Which does nothing to change the reality of how well the economy is doing under his leadership.

Succeeded at spending more money than any President in history.
    Succeeded in increasing the National Debt more than any President in history.
    Succeeded in having the U.S.'s credit rating downgraded.
    Succeeded in expanding warrantless wiretapping beyond anything Bush ever did, after vigorously campaigning against it.
    Succeeded in nixing the Keystone pipeline which would have made the sale of Canadian oil much cheaper and safer for the environment.
    Succeeded in putting all legislation on the Internet for five days before it comes to a vote. (sarcasm)
    Succeeded in promising to close Gitmo and then failing to do so.
    Succeeded in predicting that stimulus would ensure that unemployment doesn’t exceed 8%. It was over 8% for 3.5 years and peaked at 9.9%
    Succeeded in helping bolster and grow ISIS by pulling out of Iraq as soon as he could.
    Succeeded in having no strategy for dealing with the Islamic State.
    Succeeded in receiving ZERO criticism from the left when he chose to unilaterally send armed forces back to Iraq after pulling out. Bush went into Iraq with multiple UN resolutions, congressional approval, a broad “coalition of the willing.” President Downgrade has none of those.
    Succeeded in making the United States nearly irrelevant on the world stage.
    Succeeded in squandering billions of future taxpayer money on "green" energy companies that are now bankrupt.
    Succeeded in disassociating the Ft Hood shooting with Islamic Terrorism.
    Succeeded in increasing food stamp enrollment to the highest levels in history.
    Succeeded in driving the Labor Force Participation Rate to the lowest since February of 1978.

Succeeded in raising total US Debt to over $18,000,000,000,000.00. Total US debt has increased by 70% under Obama, from $10.625 trillion on January 21, 2009 to $18.005 trillion most recently.
    And succeeded in starting the largest voter drive in history and calling it "immigration reform."
    Don't be a hater moonbat. Obama has succeeded despite the America haters like yourself.

Obama has managed an incredible disaster left him by the so called president you believe loved his country. And it drives you crazy. Your only response are scurrilous predictions and tin foil hat nonsense. It's why you're my favorite moonbat.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-13-2015, 02:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• scfire86
    replied
    Originally posted by tree68 View Post
    I've heard it said that today JFK would have been a Republican...
    And Reagan would be a GOP.

Leave a comment:

• txgp17
    replied
    Moonbat, I knew you would respond.
    Your calling me a moonbat is no different that anything espoused by liberals. Whatever they allege is always the exact opposite of reality.
    Which doesn't make it less true.
    It's like a physician caring for a patient, where Dr. Obama's treatment causes the patient to gain more weight than had ever been recorded in history. Then some talented nurses and dieticians joined the team against the will of Dr Obama, then the patient loses half the weight they gained. Which is quickly touted by Dr. Obama as how good his prescribed treatment was for the patient. And the CBO warns that this is a temporary lull and that the deficit storm will return in full fury next year, reaching $600 billion under the most realistic assumptions. The deficit will keep going up because the politicians won’t do anything about the entitlements that drive the deficit.
    Yet prices are still down.
    And President ZerØ has done nothing to help it along. Prices are down because OPEC members want them down. -Saudi prince: $100-a-barrel oil 'never' again: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...rrel/21484911/ - How OPEC Weaponized the Price of Oil Against U.S. Drillers: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-0...8-selloff.html
    Which is even odder still given we have a president who's publicly stated that under his plan energy prices "would necessarily skyrocket." He wants higher energy prices. Back in 2008, when we had a President who loved American rather than loathed it, you credited falling gas prices with a decrease in demand. [http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t102568-11/#post978627] And you went on to say that the decrease in demand was because the world economy was tanking. But at the present time, you chose the credit falling gas prices with who's in office, and make no mention of demand, which should be at the highest ever because you insinuate that the economy is the best ever thanks to President Zero.
    six months before Bush left office gas prices were $4/gal. Folks like you weren't complaining about it like you were when they hit those levels under Obama.
    You have no memory at all. All you know are liberal talking points. I did complain about high fuel prices while Bush was in office, read it here: http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t102568-2/#post974842 where I wrote: "We did this do ourselves. We chose to drive inefficient vehicles and live 30 minutes from work. Our rise in power in the last century relied more on the supply of cheap oil than any other factor. "
    You're shown that you know nothing about economic systems. Don't be a hater moonbat. Obama just keeps succeeding despite the best attempts of folks like you to claim otherwise.
    Oh he's successful alright. Succeeded at spending more money than any President in history. Succeeded in increasing the National Debt more than any President in history. Succeeded in having the U.S.'s credit rating downgraded. Succeeded in expanding warrantless wiretapping beyond anything Bush ever did, after vigorously campaigning against it. Succeeded in nixing the Keystone pipeline which would have made the sale of Canadian oil much cheaper and safer for the environment. Succeeded in putting all legislation on the Internet for five days before it comes to a vote. (sarcasm) Succeeded in promising to close Gitmo and then failing to do so. Succeeded in predicting that stimulus would ensure that unemployment doesn’t exceed 8%. It was over 8% for 3.5 years and peaked at 9.9% Succeeded in helping bolster and grow ISIS by pulling out of Iraq as soon as he could. Succeeded in having no strategy for dealing with the Islamic State. Succeeded in receiving ZERO criticism from the left when he chose to unilaterally send armed forces back to Iraq after pulling out. Bush went into Iraq with multiple UN resolutions, congressional approval, a broad “coalition of the willing.” President Downgrade has none of those. Succeeded in making the United States nearly irrelevant on the world stage. Succeeded in squandering billions of future taxpayer money on "green" energy companies that are now bankrupt. Succeeded in disassociating the Ft Hood shooting with Islamic Terrorism. Succeeded in increasing food stamp enrollment to the highest levels in history. Succeeded in driving the Labor Force Participation Rate to the lowest since February of 1978. Succeeded in raising total US Debt to over $18,000,000,000,000.00. Total US debt has increased by 70% under Obama, from $10.625 trillion on January 21, 2009 to $18.005 trillion most recently. And succeeded in starting the largest voter drive in history and calling it "immigration reform."
    Last edited by txgp17; 01-13-2015, 12:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tree68
    replied
    I've heard it said that today JFK would have been a Republican...

Leave a comment:

• scfire86
    replied
    my 2/12 cents

1. one person cannot change the economy
    Yet conservatives were quick to blame Obama when he took office while the economy was still crashing. Claiming it was because of him.

McConnell is now trying to claim that the current economic upswing is due to the GOP elections last November. Even though much of the upswing occurred three months before the election.

I'm sure his idiot followers believe it.

Leave a comment:

• scfire86
    replied
    Originally posted by FFWALT View Post
    Is Obama lying? Are his lips moving?
    Typical response about any politician at just about any level.

I understand I am a Joe nobody, just another enlisted troop. I accept the fact that what I saw in two tours in Iraq is not what the media reports. I also accept the fact that when one of my buddy's reports they found WMD he has no reason to lie. Tell me all that you believe, I know what I saw.
    Given that WMD's were the primary reason for invading, finding them would have been touted from every mountain high and low by the Bush Administration. I'd like your buddy to be more specific. Given that the AK-47 has caused more human suffering than any other weapon system in world history that might be what he was discussing. Since many of them are in Iraq being used by the bad guys.

Don't lecture me about terrorism. I still can't grasp the stupidity of addressing the world saying how OBL has been killed on the day it happened! **** away the opportunity to use that information against our enemies. **** away the opportunity to use what we know against them. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    Given the number of terrorist leaders that have been killed since OBL's killing I'd say there is information being used against them.

While I'm at it. The affordable care act. "Pass it so you can find out what's in it". Seriously? That makes used car salesmen look like upstanding members of society.
    Same as just about any other piece of legislation. Carried by legislators from both sides. What would be helpful is if the GOP had actually put forth a plan that has been shown to work and worked for the American people. Instead their solution is to repeal for political reasons that do nothing to help the middle class.

How about Berdahal? Approve a trade with our enemies for someone who deserted their post! The only reason he hasn't changed residence to Kansas is due to the current administration. Bergdahal is a disgrace to anyone who has ever worn the uniform. Of course Obama had to have his parents at the White House to announce the release. Grabbing for political benefit without knowing what is actually going on.
    Accusation is still not proof. Bergdahl is innocent till proven guilty. Your claim that he has not been charged because of the administration is more hearsay. Your accusations are a disgrace to the process Americans claim as their system of justice. That one is afforded due process. I have no doubt any other president would have had his parents present to announce a prisoner's release.

Six months before Bergdahl's release, many GOP officials were stating that the president should do all he can to secure Bergdahl's release. That all changed the moment it occurred.

How about disrupting a wedding ceremony because he wants to go golfing with his high school buddies? You're on vacation, can't you wait an extra hour? Oh wait, they are military personnel. No anyone Obama cares about.
    From Snopes.com:

Naile Brennan, manager of K Bay Catering, the company that planned the wedding, told Bloomberg she was prepared for the president's visit and had several alternate locations ready for the bride and groom:

"(The new location) much prettier and much nicer venue unless you're an avid golfer. It's more secluded and there are no golfers yelling, 'Fore!'"

It's unclear if the President was aware of the scheduling issue before teeing off. He was apologetic for forcing the military couple to change venues on short notice and according to Jamie McCarthy, sister of the groom, he phoned the newlyweds to congratulate them on their marriage:

"He apologized and congratulated them. (It was a) wonderful talk. We were all there, it was perfect. Made their day."
    McCarthy said the venue change was stressful for the newlyweds. Still, the couple uploaded several photos of the wedding to Instagram with the hashtag #ThanksObama:

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/info/news/obam...338tMYyiLox.99
    You say that Obama doesn't care about the military. Based on what? They are the only group of federal employees to get raises every year during his administration. He lifted the blanket ban on media coverage of the fallen that was imposed by his predecessors. He has been present for almost every arrival of the fallen at Dover AFB. Something his predecessor did NOT do. The defense budget continues to rise despite documented proof of massive waste. Your claim is not substantiated by fact.

I apologize but I could rant for awhile.
    Glad you got it off your chest.

This guy makes Clinton look like an upstanding member of the community.
    Good thing you feel that way. You may be seeing him back in the White House.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-10-2015, 09:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fire5555
    replied
    my 2/12 cents

1. one person cannot change the economy

2. it would be nice to have "Great presidential candidates" not the lesser of two evils, and that seems to be for the last few presidents.

3. Plus America is to balme, some other countries people line up for hours for the Privilege to vote. Sad America does not do that.

Leave a comment:

• FFWALT
    replied
    Normally I don't enter these discussions but I'm going to enter this one.

Is Obama lying? Are his lips moving?

I understand I am a Joe nobody, just another enlisted troop. I accept the fact that what I saw in two tours in Iraq is not what the media reports. I also accept the fact that when one of my buddy's reports they found WMD he has no reason to lie. Tell me all that you believe, I know what I saw.

Don't lecture me about terrorism. I still can't grasp the stupidity of addressing the world saying how OBL has been killed on the day it happened! **** away the opportunity to use that information against our enemies. **** away the opportunity to use what we know against them. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

While I'm at it. The affordable care act. "Pass it so you can find out what's in it". Seriously? That makes used car salesmen look like upstanding members of society.

How about Berdahal? Approve a trade with our enemies for someone who deserted their post! The only reason he hasn't changed residence to Kansas is due to the current administration. Bergdahal is a disgrace to anyone who has ever worn the uniform. Of course Obama had to have his parents at the White House to announce the release. Grabbing for political benefit without knowing what is actually going on.

How about disrupting a wedding ceremony because he wants to go golfing with his high school buddies? You're on vacation, can't you wait an extra hour? Oh wait, they are military personnel. No anyone Obama cares about.

I apologize but I could rant for awhile.

This guy makes Clinton look like an upstanding member of the community.

Leave a comment:

• scfire86
    replied
    Moonbat, I knew you would respond.

The irony of claiming that deficits are down is like the satire of playing "Heat Wave" in the beginning of "Grump Old Men."
    Which doesn't make it less true.

And gas prices are falling despite that "War on Energy" that liberals wage on a daily basis. If it weren't for advances in drilling technology and OPEC trying to punish other producers with low prices, gas would still near $4/gallon.

In the 2012 Presidential debates, Michelle Bachman asserted that we could see $2/gal gas again, and liberals attacked her mercilessly for the idea. Now when her prediction is a reality, all we hear is worshiping at the alter of Ø.

Gas was under $2/gallon when Obama and the Democrats took over in DC in 2008. I didn't read one line here where you or any other liberal blamed them for prices rising, now you want to give President ZerØ credit for them falling. You can't have it both ways. If he's to credit for them falling, then he's to blame for them rising so sharply, and 6 years of high fuel prices.
    True. At that point in time the economy and markets were in freefall. Indexes were plummetting and 500K per month were losing their jobs. Something that isn't the case now. Realizing that you have the attention span of a mosquito on crack, six months before Bush left office gas prices were $4/gal. Folks like you weren't complaining about it like you were when they hit those levels under Obama.

Clearly you've gotten your medical marijuana identification card.It's called inflation. Everything is going up. And with the amount of quantitative easing the Fed's been pumping out, those dollars have to go somewhere. The last time the dollars went into housing, it created a bubble, and the bubble popped. This time the excess dollars are going to different places.He's installed his own brand of Marxism. It's called Øbamunism.
    You're shown that you know nothing about economic systems. Don't be a hater moonbat. Obama just keeps succeeding despite the best attempts of folks like you to claim otherwise.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-08-2015, 10:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• txgp17
    replied
    Deficits and gas prices are down.
    The irony of claiming that deficits are down is like the satire of playing "Heat Wave" in the beginning of "Grump Old Men."

And gas prices are falling despite that "War on Energy" that liberals wage on a daily basis. If it weren't for advances in drilling technology and OPEC trying to punish other producers with low prices, gas would still near $4/gallon.

In the 2012 Presidential debates, Michelle Bachman asserted that we could see $2/gal gas again, and liberals attacked her mercilessly for the idea. Now when her prediction is a reality, all we hear is worshiping at the alter of Ø.

Gas was under $2/gallon when Obama and the Democrats took over in DC in 2008. I didn't read one line here where you or any other liberal blamed them for prices rising, now you want to give President ZerØ credit for them falling. You can't have it both ways. If he's to credit for them falling, then he's to blame for them rising so sharply, and 6 years of high fuel prices.

Clearly you've gotten your medical marijuana identification card.
    Stock market indexes and ratings are up.
    It's called inflation. Everything is going up. And with the amount of quantitative easing the Fed's been pumping out, those dollars have to go somewhere. The last time the dollars went into housing, it created a bubble, and the bubble popped. This time the excess dollars are going to different places.
    Pretty good for a person conservatives claimed would ruin the economy and install Marxism.
    He's installed his own brand of Marxism. It's called Øbamunism.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X