Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Royal Navy Engages Pirates

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gamewell35 View Post
    Crow, I honestly don't think a "statement" is going to cause the captors to release the good Captain. The government already has the FBI and other agencies who specialize in this working on a solution.
    Yes, but it would let the American people know that someone is in charge and taking the leadership role.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
      Yes, but it would let the American people know that someone is in charge and taking the leadership role.
      Other than idiots like you, who is clamoring for this?
      They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
        Other than idiots like you, who is clamoring for this?
        Certainly not the liberal mainstream media, can’t be offending the King.. Of course this is the first attack on an American concern in 8 years, so it is something we aren’t used to.

Comment

Certainly not the liberal mainstream media, can’t be offending the King.. Of course this is the first attack on an American concern in 8 years, so it is something we aren’t used to.

Elvis doesn't give a fat rats ***...
          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Actually no one really cares except idiots like you.

Or moonbat.

It's not like Americans haven't been taken hostage while conservatives were in office. And no one (except their immediate families) cared about them either.
            They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
              Actually no one really cares except idiots like you.

Or moonbat.

It's not like Americans haven't been taken hostage while conservatives were in office. And no one (except their immediate families) cared about them either.
              Yes, but during those times we had a leader that would address the nation. If you had been around during the Iranian Hostage Crisis or the Achille Lauro you would know that.Yes, but during those times we had a leader that would address the nation. If you had been around during the Iranian Hostage Crisis or the Achille Lauro you would know that.

Comment

Yes, but during those times we had a leader that would address the nation. If you had been around during the Iranian Hostage Crisis or the Achille Lauro you would know that.Yes, but during those times we had a leader that would address the nation. If you had been around during the Iranian Hostage Crisis or the Achille Lauro you would know that.
                Wow!! Hitting the sauce early on Easter? Not only were you redundant, you said the same thing twice.

Reagan had about 50 hostages taken during the early part of his Administration and they were held for YEARS. I don't recall him addressing the nation on a frequent basis other than saying, "the US doesn't negotiate with terrorists."

And Somali piracy was such a concern during 2008 (remind us of the leader in the WH that year) that 111 attacks on ships were virtually ignored not only by the media but the President as well.

Once again, idiotboy is trying to make believe something that didn't happen. And trying to create an issue that doesn't exist.
                Last edited by scfire86; 04-12-2009, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Actually, about the only country that has even a bit of sucess in hostage crisis are the Isrealis and their record sure isn't perfect. One story that was relayed to me concerned the Soviet war in Afghanistan. Seems the Mujhaddin took four Red Army lads prisoner and demanded ransom. The Sovs took 8 Muj prisoner, castrated them and sent them home with the warning that 8 more would follow daily. The prisoners were returned relatively unharmed. I can't vouch for the veracity of that, and in any case, the Red Army retreated in ignomy a few years later. Terrorism is a pretty hard enemy to fight, especially if you try to play by rules when the terrorists don't.

Comment

• Terrorism is a pretty hard enemy to fight, especially if you try to play by rules when the terrorists don't.
                    Bryan, let's hope your words aren't prophetic in this case and that Captain Phillips comes home safe and sound.
                    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

• Originally posted by BryanLoader View Post
                      Terrorism is a pretty hard enemy to fight, especially if you try to play by rules when the terrorists don't.
                      The same can be said for the gangs and drug cartels as well. We have two choices. Lay down and take it or stand up and fight.

Comment

The same can be said for the gangs and drug cartels as well. We have two choices. Lay down and take it or stand up and fight.
                        Does this mean you're signing up to go fight? Once again, who is "we?"
                        Last edited by scfire86; 04-12-2009, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Time for a few go fast boats with some 105's on 'em.When you send a few of the "unfriendly" dahous and their crews to the briny deep,generally the rest will catch on.A few "fake"freighters like the used in WW2 could effect a similar result. When in doubt,SINK! T.C.

Comment

• Navy SEALS rescue ship's captain and kill three pirates

I'm sure idiotboy and moonbat will find something to criticize Obama.

Comment

• Well done lads. Keep it up.

Comment

• I just heard the great news .... WAY TO GO, BOYS!!!!
                                September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                                IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                                Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader