Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Chicken sh*t Nancy Pelosi!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!! You are talking about the most corrupt group of individuals know to man (AKA Politicians). They have been literally caught in the men's room, the white house, and numerous other places with their pants down. They have been caught with their hands in the cookie jar. They have come up with crazy pork barrel spending that is just stupid. They are constantly bought out by special interest and big business.

If a demcrap says the sky is green the rethuglian will say it is orange. These idiots will take the opposite stand if it is the right thing to do.

So NO!!!! Congressman are not reputable
    some are better than others. feingold warned us about the PATRIOT act because he actually read it and voted against it. but i agree they are full of ***** for the most part.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsin925 View Post
      show me where it says they won't. if they are screening your child for genetic disorders and warehousing that info, they will have your child's dna. if they have your child's blood they have your child's dna. you wouldn't know if they took your child's dna because after a baby is born they run a bunch of tests on it out of your presence.
      Kucinich may not be a nut job, but you seem to be.
      PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
        Kucinich may not be a nut job, but you seem to be.
        i've been called worse in my life. but, i'm not the only so-called nut job. the Citizens' Council on Health Care, (see http://www.cchconline.org/pdf/S_1858...mmaryFINAL.pdf) a non-profit, independent free-market health care policy organization that supports patient and doctor freedom, medical innovation, and the right to a confidential patient-doctor relationship, thinks along the same lines that i do about the act. you all can't consider that there may be people out there who have more insight on issues than you. you dismiss things as conspiracy theories because they don't fit your paradigm. i'm not an expert but the Citizens' Council on Health Care's job is to take on issues like these, so i believe they are more informed than you and chiefkn. the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons have stated that genetic testing could be used for purposes found immoral in the Hippocratic medical tradition, but i guess they're nut jobs too.

my oldest is type 1 diabetic and i'm not with this act.

Comment

show me where it says they won't. if they are screening your child for genetic disorders and warehousing that info, they will have your child's dna. if they have your child's blood they have your child's dna. you wouldn't know if they took your child's dna because after a baby is born they run a bunch of tests on it out of your presence.
          They can only screen your child with your permission. This law supports RESEARCH and it only supports this RESEARCH at certain centers. I beg you to please read the law very slowly so that you fully understand it.

You have to agree to the screening, that is why the largest part of this law is to EDUCATE people on the value of testing. Again, READ the law.

You are claiming things as fact that are NOT written in the law. You have let some alarmists influence you beyond the point of reasoning. When I ask you to prove your point, you ask me to then prove a negative (show you where it says they wont...) give me a break.
          I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
            They can only screen your child with your permission. This law supports RESEARCH and it only supports this RESEARCH at certain centers. I beg you to please read the law very slowly so that you fully understand it.

You have to agree to the screening, that is why the largest part of this law is to EDUCATE people on the value of testing. Again, READ the law.

You are claiming things as fact that are NOT written in the law. You have let some alarmists influence you beyond the point of reasoning. When I ask you to prove your point, you ask me to then prove a negative (show you where it says they wont...) give me a break.
            i've read the law and nowhere does it say that they need the parents' permission. the law (like most) is full of vague wording like newborn screening which is really genetic testing. the Citizens' Council on Health Care are not alarmists. their goals stated on their website are:

-Individual patient and practitioner freedom in health care decision-making
            -Protection of patient autonomy and dignity through medical record privacy and strong patient consent provisions
            -Reduced dependency on government health care programs
            -Free and open health care market, including Medical Savings Accounts, and non-managed care health insurance options.
            -Market competition at the patient and consumer level.
            -Equal tax treatment for purchase of health care insurance
            -Privately-owned insurance independent from employment
            -Life-long insurance policies.
            -A charitable safety net strengthened through tax incentives
            -Elimination of taxes on health care services.

see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBu6Tpvq_9w and watch Twila Brase, president of Citizens' Council on Health Care talk about DNA Warehouse and Ownership. but i guess you'll dismiss her as a nut job alarmist.
            also watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDw3z...eature=related, http://video.aol.com/video-detail/th...pt2/2472967511, http://video.aol.com/video-detail/th...pt3/2854844384
            and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mD5T...eature=related.

like i said before, there are people who are more informed about what is going on in their specific field than you. i wouldn't argue with you about fire science, at least keep an open mind when listening to someone else talk about the field they're in. please watch the links and let me know what you think.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
              NY, CA, and DE all have things that make their numbers skewed. De has a large number of corporations that are incorporated there simply because it is easy to do and less of a burden. NY has wall street and the financial district. CA has Hollywood. CA has the largest population and NY is 3rd in population. Texas is second. Looking at it on a per capita basis is more insightful and tells more of the story.
              Maybe it is in your little world. The real world is different. CA is one of the top ten economies in the world based upon its GSP. DE is a fly speck by comparison. Believe what you want, but you're alone in believing that DE is a more significant force in the US economy than CA. And btw. The most significant economic engine in CA is tourism and agriculture.

Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
              And yes, government is a burden on business as well as individuals. 43% of my pay check comes right off the top for Federal, State, and SSI taxes. I then get taxed again on the remainder with an 8.25% sales tax, land taxes, and various other hidden taxes and fees (like the 70 cents a gallon at the pump). Unfortunately, our government has learned how to steal from the people.
              Can you point me to a nation where the rate of taxation is lower and the quality of living is higher. If it has as lax an emigration policy as the US I'll pack my bags. I've traveled abroad to several nations where taxes are much lower than they are here in the US. I can assure you wouldn't want to live in any of them.

The economy would be far better if that money stayed in the private sector.
              Hypothetical. Who knows. There are numerous examples of the private sector mismanaging its fiscal resources. They're called bankruptcies.

And yes big business lines up for it's cut of the pie ( farm subsidies make me want to puke). But on the other side are the special interest groups, getting an equal cut of the pie. A great example of this is right here in NY state. We have what is known as the Adirondack Park. It is a 6 million acre park in which the state owns half the land. They have done this because the environmentalist want to preserve this area as forever wild. Keep in mind that the number of people who visit the park in it's forever wild areas is less than 0.1% of the population. Yet we pay heavily for this. I say put the money in the hands of the people. Then if the environmentalism want this "pristine" land they can afford it themselves and buy it. My guess is that only a few would feel strongly enough to actually put up.
              Nothing stopping you from running for office with that as your platform.

By taxing me so heavily they are slowly eroding my personal freedom and forcing me to support things I don't want to support. And this is true for every American.
              You posit a reality in which money belongs to the people who earn it. A fair concept. Likewise, however, the people’s government belongs to them, and they to it. Part of the social compact of belonging to a civil society is assisting in the upkeep of that society. You call that theft by taxation; I take a less nihilistic attitude toward it: it’s the price of being part of this society.

Now, we can debate all we want about the proper role and extent of that government that we’ve established among ourselves, but our essential civic obligation to fund whatever we collectively deem a proper role for government is, or ought to be, unquestioned. It is, indeed, a form of patriotism. There’s a reason our system has such a low rate of tax delinquency compared to most of the rest of the world, and it’s not some inherent moral superiority. It’s a fundamental support and consent of the governed, which has been the unique hallmark of American society from its founding.
              Last edited by scfire86; 08-05-2008, 11:49 PM.
              They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

• The Left is on the Run By Newt Gingrich

August 5, 2008 - Vol. 3, No. 32

The Left is on the Run By Newt Gingrich

We have the left rattled and on the run. For proof, consider three developments from late last week.

The House Republicans staged a protest in the House Chamber, demanding that Nancy Pelosi call the House back into session in order to vote on The American Energy Act, an "all of the above" energy strategy that includes more drilling, funding for scientific breakthroughs, as well as common-sense conservation efforts.

Three signs we are winning the argument on energy:
                First, Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her anti-energy allies in the House skipped town without even scheduling a vote on The American Energy Act - the kind of common sense, "all of the above" energy strategy Americans favor.

Then MoveOn.org sent a desperate email to their supporters asking for money to air an ad to slow the momentum of the movement for America to develop more American energy now.

And Senator Obama, who until late last week opposed offshore drilling, said he would now favor offshore drilling as part of a comprehensive energy strategy for America.

To block a vote on energy, Nancy Pelosi tried cutting the power in the House
                Pro-energy House Republicans are doing just that this week, refusing to let Nancy Pelosi and her anti-energy allies get away with ducking the energy issue.

On Friday morning, Nancy Pelosi suddenly and without warning, adjourned the House of Representatives. She knew how badly the anti-energy left was losing the argument over energy and knew she couldn't allow a full day of discussion about the American Energy Act to take place in front of the C-Span cameras and press. So she called the vote to adjourn, and when House Republicans refused to leave, Nancy Pelosi ordered the microphones and lights in the House be turned off.

Think about this: In order to block a vote on energy for America, Nancy Pelosi tried to cut off power to the House of Representatives.

But Boehner and pro-energy representatives remembered where power really comes from. However, Rep. John Boehner and many other pro-energy representatives have refused to allow Nancy Pelosi to duck the energy issue. They know that Congress derives its power from the American people. Speaker Pelosi can't order that power supply shut off.

They're still in Washington this week, making speeches on the House floor to visitors and press, and live-blogging their efforts.

Here's a flavor of the House Republicans historic uprising:

"We are the light of the world, we are the leaders of the free world. But when we depend on foreign energy we cannot be as strong of a leader as we should and can be." - Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA)

"You need to let your congressman know that he or she works for you, not the Speaker of the House." - Rep. Mark Steven Kirk (R-IL)

"Here's a letter from the Gardner family in Texas. They can't afford to both go on vacation and send their son to Boy Scout camp. They can't afford it. If the Gardners can't, then neither should Pelosi and the Congress!" - Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-TX)

"Common sense is not very common in Washington, D.C... Why aren't we using all the resources that we Americans can bring to the table?... We need to use our American ingenuity to solve these problems...We will get it done if there's a vote on this floor." - Rep. Rob Wittman (R-VA):

And perhaps most importantly, House Minority Leader John Boehner yesterday promised to keep up this pressure throughout the month of August:

"The only way we're ever going to bring her to heel and allow a vote is for us to continue to put pressure on her. And so it's 25 Members we had in Congress today, led by Tom Price and Mike Pence. It's Members all over the country doing their townhall meetings, doing their rotary clubs, they're all talking about it. And we're going to keep talking about it until we get our vote." - John Boehner, OH

Finally, and most importantly, write your representative to let them know you want them back in session to pass an energy bill and to applaud Boehner's leadership. Call talk radio as well. Nancy Pelosi may have turned off the lights in the House, but that doesn't mean we can't turn on the heat in response.

- MoveOn.org Admits the Obvious: The Pro Energy Coalition is Winning the Argument

Nancy Pelosi is not the only member of the anti-energy left looking desperate.

In an urgent email sent to their members last week, the far Left activist group wrote about the national debate over how to best lower gas and energy prices, "Here's the truth: Right now, progressives are losing this argument."

They're right. We are winning and the Left is losing the argument over our country's energy future because Americans know that thirty years of their policies has led to the current mess.

For decades, anti-energy, left-wing politicians have advocated higher prices and less energy. They were going to save the environment by punishing Americans into driving less and driving smaller cars. They favor a policy of no oil and gas exploration, no use of coal, and no development of nuclear power.

The result has been that over the last three decades, America has relied more and more on foreign oil rather than American oil, and our nation's power grid has been stretched thin because litigation and regulation has made it so difficult to build new sources of electricity.

The American people can see this, so they're rejecting the Left's philosophy of less energy and inconvenience in favor of a pro-investment, pro-creativity, pro-production, and pro-conservation energy coalition.

MoveOn.org Fails Einstein's Test of Insanity
                You'd think this much would be obvious to the Left, but the email they sent to their supporters and the advertisement they want to run is filled with the same discredited arguments about American energy production that the American people have rejected over this summer.

It claims not only that more American energy, including opening up additional areas to oil and natural gas development, would have no immediate effect on gas prices, but that even in the long term, more American oil and gas on the market is only a "gimmick."

Someone should remind MoveOn.org that Einstein's definition of insanity was "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."

Not only does MoveOn.org still think that the Left's same, misguided energy scarcity policies are good for America, despite the obvious; they also think that the American people are going to continue to buy their arguments.

That's just crazy, and you don't have to be a Nobel Prize winning physicist to know it.

That's why we can be confident in our solutions and our answers to their faulty arguments. Check out our Facts Sheet at American Solutions for rebuttals to the anti-energy left's most common arguments.

This summer, as you talk with your friends and neighbors about high gas prices, don't let the anti-energy left get away with using the same discredited arguments, and don't let them shirk the responsibility they bear for putting us in the energy crisis today.

The Obama Opportunity: the President Should Call Congress Back Into Session
                Finally, in another sign that we are winning the argument over America's energy future, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has indicated he would support offshore drilling as part of a larger energy strategy.

This is amazing progress considering it was just a few months ago that Senator Obama was not only opposed to more American oil production, he repeatedly voted to keep America ignorant of our own offshore energy resources.

This is real progress. It's also a real opportunity.

President Bush has the power to call the Congress back into session, but so far he's said he has no plans to do so. It's up to us to change his mind. There should be no confusion as to where Nancy Pelosi and her anti-energy allies on the left stand when it comes to a common sense energy strategy the American people want. You can call the White House at 202-456-1111 to encourage the President.

In addition, we should call our Congressmen and ask them to call on the President to bring them back into session. And if your Congressman isn't one of those staying in Washington to protest Nancy Pelosi adjourning without passing an energy bill, make sure if you see him or her in your district to ask why they are on vacation instead of working to lower gas prices.

Second, Senator McCain should challenge Senator Obama to work with him to create and pass an energy bill in the Senate before the election that includes opening up more areas to oil and natural gas development (including offshore and in the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR)) as part of a larger, comprehensive energy policy that also includes conservation efforts, nuclear power (Obama has indicated he would support building more plants under the right conditions), and incentives for new technologies.

Then, the question for Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will then be simple: with their party's nominee for President supporting more American oil production and the American people overwhelmingly supporting it as well, will they still oppose a common-sense energy policy that uses all of our American energy resources?

Another Question for Nancy Pelosi, This Time on Immigration
                Finally, the news that the suspect of a brutal murder in San Francisco is a known illegal immigrant begs the question whether or not Nancy Pelosi will pass Einstein's insanity test with regard to her support of sanctuary city policies.

Edwin Ramos had twice been convicted on felony charges as a juvenile, and his status as an illegal immigrant was known. Yet he was released from jail nearly three months before these recent slayings, protected from the country's immigration policies because of San Francisco's sanctuary policy.

As I wrote last year when a known illegal immigrant shot four students, killing three, it is simply beyond belief that cities would knowingly shield felons and suspected felons from the country's immigration laws. Now, in San Francisco - Nancy Pelosi's district - the tragic results speak for themselves.

This horrible story comes at the same time that the Center for Immigration Studies announced that increased enforcement on the US/Mexico border has decreased the number of illegal immigrants in the country by 1.3 million. Furthermore, their study concludes that the decline of the illegal population was at least seven times larger than the number of actual people removed by the government in the last ten months. This means that most of the decline is due to people here illegally leaving voluntarily as a result of the enforcement.

The evidence is clear: enforcement works; sanctuary policies don't.

Will Nancy Pelosi (not to mention the rest of the Left) finally back the enforcement of our country's laws or will they continue to cling to policies that don't work and expect a different result?

Your friend,

Newt Gingrich
                Change We Can Believe In.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raughammer1 View Post
                  August 5, 2008 - Vol. 3, No. 32

The Left is on the Run By Newt Gingrich

We have the left rattled and on the run. For proof, consider three developments from late last week.
                  Doubtful this will equate to any GOP gains in 13 weeks.
                  They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
                    Now, we can debate all we want about the proper role and extent of that government that we’ve established among ourselves, but our essential civic obligation to fund whatever we collectively deem a proper role for government is, or ought to be, unquestioned. It is, indeed, a form of patriotism. There’s a reason our system has such a low rate of tax delinquency compared to most of the rest of the world, and it’s not some inherent moral superiority. It’s a fundamental support and consent of the governed, which has been the unique hallmark of American society from its founding.
                    what we "collectively" deem a proper role for government is, and always has been up for debate. which is good. the low rate of tax delinquency falls on the backs of the middle class. my pops worked for the irs and he would tell me that the rich don't pay their fair share of taxes. congress would always change the tax laws when the middle class would start to benefit from them. i guess at one point one could write off the interest one paid on credit cards, but when the middle class started obtaining credit cards that law flew off the books. the middle class (in my opinion) has a greater sense of dignity, morality and fidelity than the rich. maybe that's bad, maybe that's good. i don't know. the privatization of things is bad though. blackwater is making big bucks while our troops get shot up for chump change. and, blackwater isn't accountable to anyone. at least things in the public sector are accountable to the public.

Comment

i agree. obama has this thing licked. i don't like either candidate, but the gop has to give up the ghost on this election. i sometimes think mccain was nominated because he doesn't have a chance to win, kinda like kerry in '04. oh well, nothing will change with obama in office. but i have to say he has billy clint beat on charisma. that cat can give a speech, even if he isn't saying much.

Comment

like i said before, there are people who are more informed about what is going on in their specific field than you. i wouldn't argue with you about fire science, at least keep an open mind when listening to someone else talk about the field they're in. please watch the links and let me know what you think.
                        Actually, I'm a Registered Nurse and work as an executive in healthcare. So, I do understand patient rights and how consents are obtained.

I don't know this organization, and while they have some benign information about their "goals", I believe they are misrepresenting the law to further their political agenda.

Once again, read the law, it's all right there in black and white.
                        I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Actually, I've heard the latest polls are a statistical dead heat.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...oll/index.html

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/0...idential-race/
                          Last edited by ChiefKN; 08-06-2008, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
                            I love your cute little sayings... "rethuglicans"... classic.

I have one, "Demoweasels" or how about "Wehateamerica-crats".

By the way, I love how Obama has flip-flopped yet again and will now concede to off-shore drilling.

The great centrist migration has begun! It's a great democratic tradition where the democractic nominee must appear more of a centrist to try to win the general election, and be dishonest about their true beliefs.

So much fun!
                            Wow! Way to completely avoid the issue and my question. Good job!
                            Member IACOJ

Comment

It is a day to day struggle, right now Obama is falling and McCain is rising. Some polls actually (Rasmussen) have McCain ahead.

Life is good.

Comment

i agree. obama has this thing licked.
                                Ahhhhh, i just love the over confidence.

You keep on thinking that way brother; i just hope the DNC is thinking the saaame way.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X