Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Chicken sh*t Nancy Pelosi!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeorgeWendtCFI
    replied
    Originally posted by RoughRider View Post
    Why is it that we avoid talking about a full balance sheet of "Big Oil" and only like to throw around "gross income"? I believe most of the oil companies have a very pedestrian return of equity of 10% +/- after expenses, R&D, Taxes, etc.

Thats certainly no windfall for the investor.

DO NOT interject fact into this debate. You will totally confuse the liberals.

Leave a comment:

• RoughRider
    replied
    Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Typical lib distortion. I said it was on the way down. I NEVER said that it was OK because it was not as high as it was or that it was not going to go down further. It will.

BTW, all you "Big Oil" parrots. How much money should a corporation be allowed to make before the government punishes it by taking it away?

Why is it that we avoid talking about a full balance sheet of "Big Oil" and only like to throw around "gross income"? I believe most of the oil companies have a very pedestrian return of equity of 10% +/- after expenses, R&D, Taxes, etc.

Thats certainly no windfall for the investor.
    Last edited by RoughRider; 09-03-2008, 11:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeWendtCFI
    replied
    Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
    You'll have to ask Sarah Palin. She's the only one whose managed to a pass windfall profits tax on oil.
    Gutless response.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    I dunno George,you worth a hunnert mill a year or so? T.C.

Leave a comment:

• scfire86
    replied
    Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    BTW, all you "Big Oil" parrots. How much money should a corporation be allowed to make before the government punishes it by taking it away?
    You'll have to ask Sarah Palin. She's the only one whose managed to a pass windfall profits tax on oil.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeWendtCFI
    replied
    Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
    As I pointed out to George. The price of oil is roughly 50% higher than it was a year ago. I guess that makes it okay since it is cheaper than it was a couple of months ago.

Big picture Hammer.
    Typical lib distortion. I said it was on the way down. I NEVER said that it was OK because it was not as high as it was or that it was not going to go down further. It will.

Leave a comment:

• scfire86
    replied
    Originally posted by Raughammer1 View Post
    Think so? Oil is going down in price...not up.
    As I pointed out to George. The price of oil is roughly 50% higher than it was a year ago. I guess that makes it okay since it is cheaper than it was a couple of months ago.

Big picture Hammer.

Leave a comment:

• scfire86
    replied
    So what do the Democrats have to do with this? Plenty. By refusing to let companies drill for energy on U.S. soil and pursuing policies that keep oil prices above $100 a barrel, the Democratic Congress, in effect, is helping Russia to finance its aggression against Europe—a kind of Marshall Plan in reverse.
    No one has yet to show me where the oil companies have been prevented from drilling in a place they believed had oil in such a quantity that it would be profitable. The only place that comes to mind was off the coast of FL when then they had the envior wacko governor Jeb Bush.

Wrong. That’s what Congress did refusing to drill for more oil as petro tyrants like Putin threaten America’s national security and its allies. It’s a shameful, dishonest policy. “The simple fact,” Reid stumbles on, “is that the promise of more oil isn’t part of the solution; it’s part of the problem.”
    This is pretty darn funny. Congress was controlled by the GOP for six of the last eight years and yet it is the Dems fault. Drilling isn't the answer for the simple fact that it will not even come close to being the solution to our needs as they relate to oil imports. Just because one sinks a well doesn't guarantee one will find oil. I would think someone from TX would know that.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Hammer,MAY be so but I've yet to see much relief at the pump and my rigs are there just about EVERY day.And big oil will use ANY excuse they can to keep those record windfalls up.And I go thru enough fuel a week to be QUITE cognizant of price. T.C.

Leave a comment:

• Raughammer1
    replied
    Unfit To Lead On Oil
    Congress: If anyone still thinks Democrats can provide
    leadership on the No. 1 issue of the day—energy—
    then Harry Reid’s remarks to their party’s convention
    last week should dispel the notion for good.

Last month’s invasion by Russia of neighboring Georgia showed the utter bankruptcy of the Democrats’ energy policies. With its attack, Russia seized control of the main non-Russian pipeline from the energy-rich Caspian to Europe, giving it stranglehold over nearly a third of Europe’s energy supplies.
    So what do the Democrats have to do with this? Plenty. By refusing to let companies drill for energy on U.S. soil and pursuing policies that keep oil prices above $100 a barrel, the Democratic Congress, in effect, is helping Russia to finance its aggression against Europe—a kind of Marshall Plan in reverse.
    Yet, listening to Reid, you’d never suspect this was the case. Start with his defense of Jimmy Carter as an energy prophet who proposed real solutions conservation, fuel efficiency and alternative fuels to what he correctly named the ‘moral equivalent of war.’ ” Remember soaring oil prices? Gas lines? Rationing? Russia’s invasion of Afghanistan? If so, you know Carter lost his “war.” The Senate’s Democratic leader also lamented“ an era of oil industry dominance” that began in 1980. Funny, but oil prices plunged 60% during Reagan’s time in office. That’s “dominance”?

Nevada’s Reid then claims President Bush slept as “oil shortages worsened, oil prices soared and dollars by the ton were delivered to terrorists’ banks in Iran, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela.” Wrong. That’s what Congress did refusing to drill for more oil as petro tyrants like Putin threaten America’s national security and its allies. It’s a shameful, dishonest policy. “The simple fact,” Reid stumbles on, “is that the promise of more oil isn’t part of the solution; it’s part of the problem.”
    Actually, the “simple fact” is more oil is the solution. Private and government estimates all agree oil will make up 75% to 80% of our energy needs for the next 50 years at least. To refuse to drill for the 136 billion barrels we have available borders on criminal. More oil means lower prices. If we can get oil down to $80 a barrel or so it will work like a huge tax cut, especially for the poor who’ve been hit hardest by the Democrats’ failed energy policies. Lower oil prices will stimulate the economy, weaken inflation and make us and our allies around the world more secure. Reid’s poisonous words do nothing to move the country forward.

But they do give voters an idea of what’s to come if Democrats keep
    Congress and win the White House.

Leave a comment:

• Raughammer1
    replied
    Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
    No,but it will be reflected in your next fueling. T.C.

Think so? Oil is going down in price...not up.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    No,but it will be reflected in your next fueling. T.C.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeWendtCFI
    replied
    Any word yet on the massive oil spills in the Gulf of Mexico due to the hurricane?

Leave a comment:

• BryanLoader
    replied
    Actually the drilling industry has got quite an enviable record as far as environmental impact goes. A great deal of the spills and environmental damage occur through transportation and production.

Originally posted by doughesson View Post
    Where does it say that firearms may only be owned for sport?
    Back on subject,this morning,Nancy was quoted on Fox about how she'd support debating drilling if it included a broad range of topics.
    Most likely she wants to insure that spills are harshly punished and those that spill or harm the environment are slammed as well.
    Maybe she needs to go out on a drill rig and try to explain to the people working there how to do their jobs.I wonder how that would be received:as help or an insult?
    If she thinks that drill crews don't know how to do their jobs without tearing up the planet,maybe she shouldn't run for re-election but instead open a school where she can teach oil companies how they should be accomplishing their mission statement.

Leave a comment:

• BryanLoader
    replied
    Now theres a couple of examples of truly manly sports. Should be in the same league as cockfighting and pit bulls.

Originally posted by jsin925 View Post
    i think favre is being a hypocrite. he talked so much trash about sterling sharpe, now look at what he's doing. that's why i only truly follow boxing and mma.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X