Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Chicken sh*t Nancy Pelosi!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by captnjak View Post
    I stand corrected. Although I was thinking more about your typical street crimes and the resulting interaction with law enforcement.

If a black gang member did from an urban rooftop what the man pictured did from a highway overpass, all Holy Hell would have broke out. And rightly so. Yet Fox News and the like were ready to make guys like this into man of the year.
    There were individuals on this board supporting this guy. Hint: one of them is from Louisiana. He rants about government and taxes but lives off the government and taxes of others.
    They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

I stand corrected. Although I was thinking more about your typical street crimes and the resulting interaction with law enforcement.

If a black gang member did from an urban rooftop what the man pictured did from a highway overpass, all Holy Hell would have broke out. And rightly so. Yet Fox News and the like were ready to make guys like this into man of the year.
      Part of the equation is always going to be how likely the person with the gun is to actually use it.

Quite simply, there is a very little history of shots being fired in any of these armed standoffs. There is quite a bit of history of the kid in the hood actually shooting the weapon at the officers.

And yes, that factors into it.
      Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
        There were individuals on this board supporting this guy. Hint: one of them is from Louisiana. He rants about government and taxes but lives off the government and taxes of others.
        You support the right of a group of protesters taking over a busy street and shutting it down, disrupting everybody else's life for their little tantrum.

A peaceful takeover of some BLM land in the middle of nowhere ...... Likely far less disruptive to society. Surround them and starve them out.

And yes, I do rant about government, especially when I work for my money and so many get government money without working.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
          Part of the equation is always going to be how likely the person with the gun is to actually use it.

Quite simply, there is a very little history of shots being fired in any of these armed standoffs. There is quite a bit of history of the kid in the hood actually shooting the weapon at the officers.

There's a first time for everything. How should law enforcement know when it's coming? It's not fair of us to expect them to read the minds of people pointing weapons at them. Nor is it reasonable. Nor is it even possible. If you point a gun at a cop that cop is justified in shooting you. I don't know what the intent was of the man on the overpass. But he is clearly a coward or a phony. At least the kid in the hood that shoots at a cop has the balls to engage. He knows he might get hit. The guy on the bridge never really believed it would happen to him IMO.

I just looked at the above picture again. I mean, who's the woman next to him? The one with her head well above the protection of the barrier? It's a freakin joke all around. Next time leave the gun home. It is clear he had no intention of engaging. He's a jerkoff.
          Last edited by captnjak; 03-14-2016, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Thank you Mr. Mind Reader. So law enforcement bases their reaction to a weapon being pointed at them by the historical use of whether or not an individual is likely to pull the trigger? You only reinforce my point over the double standard of force application. Can you point me to the LEO procedure that supports you? I'm betting you pulled this out of your posterior. Like most of your idiot ramblings.

Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
            You support the right of a group of protesters taking over a busy street and shutting it down, disrupting everybody else's life for their little tantrum.
            Nope. Said no such thing. The point is the double standard of force depending on the color of skin. We've got a great example right here in CA. Back in the 60's the Black Panthers had a peaceful protest where they walked around our state capitol carrying firearms. The GOP governor at the time immediately signed the Mulford Act (authored by a GOP legislator) that prohibited the carrying of loaded firearms. That governor was then Gov. Ronald Reagan. There was no violence or even threat of violence by the group. Just the reaction of scared white folks like yourself.

A peaceful takeover of some BLM land in the middle of nowhere ...... Likely far less disruptive to society. Surround them and starve them out.
            Only a complete fool believes this takeover was peaceful. They came armed and threatened a use of force if confronted.

And yes, I do rant about government, especially when I work for my money and so many get government money without working.
            Your money that is paid you is derived from the taxation of others. I bet most if not all taxpayers would not pay the taxes to fund your position if given the opportunity. Especially the anti-government zealots like yourself. If you can show where I'm wrong please post a link.
            They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

• White folks had good reason to be scared of armed Black Panthers, considering what was being said and done at the time by members of that group.

Comment

White folks had good reason to be scared of armed Black Panthers, considering what was being said and done at the time by members of that group.
                Can you point to similar laws passed when white supremacists spout violent rhetoric or commit violent acts?

Comment

Can you point to similar laws passed when white supremacists spout violent rhetoric or commit violent acts?
                  I'm not aware of any. There likely aren't any. But that doesn't change the truth about the Panthers and the numerous repeated threats of violence made by them. Plus the whole "two wrongs don't make a right thing". Imagine if we just concentrated on right being right and wrong being wrong instead of always making the other guy wrong. Now that would be a beautiful thing to see and experience. Sadly I don't see it happening. There is way too much fear and ignorance out there and our current political system thrives on it. They like to keep us at each other's throats over relative non-issues while they royally screw up everything.

Comment

I'm not aware of any. There likely aren't any. But that doesn't change the truth about the Panthers and the numerous repeated threats of violence made by them. Plus the whole "two wrongs don't make a right thing". Imagine if we just concentrated on right being right and wrong being wrong instead of always making the other guy wrong. Now that would be a beautiful thing to see and experience. Sadly I don't see it happening. There is way too much fear and ignorance out there and our current political system thrives on it. They like to keep us at each other's throats over relative non-issues while they royally screw up everything.
                    I totally agree with you that the actions of the Black Panthers were not a group of individuals engaging in non-hostile rhetoric. My point all along has been there is a different reaction to armed ethnic individuals and armed white people.

Comment

I totally agree with you that the actions of the Black Panthers were not a group of individuals engaging in non-hostile rhetoric. My point all along has been there is a different reaction to armed ethnic individuals and armed white people.
                      So you deny that there is a historical perspective that affects this?

Again, statistically I could probably show you that, at least in this area, law enforcement is more likely to come in contact with an armed black male vs. an armed white male.

There are far more shootings and shots fired incidents in Shreveport than Bossier City. Shreveport has a much higher black population. Are you saying that is simply a coincidence?

You want to make it look like I'm turning this into a black vs. white bias. It's not. It's simply a historical perspective on black compared to white.

Comment

So you deny that there is a historical perspective that affects this?
                        Only if you deny the treatment of armed blacks by law enforcement isn't any different than armed whites not engaging in hostile or threatening activity.

Again, statistically I could probably show you that, at least in this area, law enforcement is more likely to come in contact with an armed black male vs. an armed white male.
                        Would love to see it.

There are far more shootings and shots fired incidents in Shreveport than Bossier City. Shreveport has a much higher black population. Are you saying that is simply a coincidence?
                        Population is probably the better determining factor.

You want to make it look like I'm turning this into a black vs. white bias. It's not. It's simply a historical perspective on black compared to white.
                        Again, you must believe that treatment of blacks by law enforcement (particularly in the South) is the same as the way white people are treated. History doesn't show this to be the case. Especially recent history.

Comment

Only if you deny the treatment of armed blacks by law enforcement isn't any different than armed whites not engaging in hostile or threatening activity.

Prove that.

Population is probably the better determining factor.

Population is not the determining factor in this case. the demographics are.

Again, you must believe that treatment of blacks by law enforcement (particularly in the South) is the same as the way white people are treated. History doesn't show this to be the case. Especially recent history.
                          Really? Last year 132 blacks were killed by police out of a total of more than 600. Or, if you prefer percentages, 32% were black. if you believe the FBI statistics that shows that blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime compared to population that number is about right. Guess you awarded no points.

Comment

Really? Last year 132 blacks were killed by police out of a total of more than 600. Or, if you prefer percentages, 32% were black. if you believe the FBI statistics that shows that blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime compared to population that number is about right. Guess you awarded no points.
                            This post makes no sense. Which, coming from you, doesn't surprise me in the least. Given the number of blacks that are living in poverty, how do their numbers stack up compared to any other ethnic group (including whites) in the same income bracket?

Comment

This post makes no sense. Which, coming from you, doesn't surprise me in the least. Given the number of blacks that are living in poverty, how do their numbers stack up compared to any other ethnic group (including whites) in the same income bracket?
                              The claim by the black community is that the police is "massacring" black youth. The numbers clearly show that it's not the case.

While blacks are 13% of the population, the FBI's crime stats indicate that they are responsible for more than the 13%, hence the fact that they represent 32% of those killed by police. While greater than their population, there is a reason.

And certainly 132 demonstrates that there is no war on black males by the police.

Income has nothing to do with the data.

If you want to blame that, fine, but at the end of day that's nothing but an excuse.

Comment

The claim by the black community is that the police is "massacring" black youth. The numbers clearly show that it's not the case.
                                The claim is part of the larger claim that police treat armed white males differently than black males as well. I've already pointed out an example that proves my point.

While blacks are 13% of the population, the FBI's crime stats indicate that they are responsible for more than the 13%, hence the fact that they represent 32% of those killed by police. While greater than their population, there is a reason.
                                And the reason is what exactly?

And certainly 132 demonstrates that there is no war on black males by the police.
                                See first response.

Income has nothing to do with the data.
                                Of the stupidest things you have said over the years, this one is in the top five.

If you want to blame that, fine, but at the end of day that's nothing but an excuse.
                                Please tell us about your harsh upbringing. I'm betting you're one of those conservatives who likes to tell everyone you were born in a log cabin you built with your own two hands. Let me get my violin.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X