Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Chicken sh*t Nancy Pelosi!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Shouldn't you be spending more time researching how a TurboDRAFT operates, anyway?
    So you're holding a grudge against me because you made incorrect statements about an item you'd never even used. Nice.
    Originally posted by jasper45 View Post
    Well then, what does gun control have again with Nancy Pelosi, off shore drilling, etc... ?
    Ask scfire86, he inserted that into his argument, just 29 posts into the thread.
    Last edited by txgp17; 08-13-2008, 12:42 PM.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

    Comment


    • Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
      Nice try. I was asked to name a firearm that had no sporting value. The weapon I named did just that.
      I can't seem to find the term sporting anywhere in the Constitution.

      What is important to remember is that the framers of the Constitution had just gone through a revolution to gain their freedom. Key to the overthrow of the tyrannical government was the ability of the revolutionary forces to have firearms. The framers intended for the populace to have guns of what ever type to protect them from bad government

      Comment


      • Originally posted by txgp17 View Post
        Ask scfire86, he inserted that into his argument, just 29 posts into the thread.

        No need to, Sc was not the one who's panties were all twisted about because the thread had drifted off topic.
        I'm just surprised (not really though) to see you would continue to keep this thread off course. After all, there are plenty of gun control threads on these boards.
        And you know how it is, no one would want to read the title of this thread and read about gun control, but whatever.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by txgp17 View Post
          Thank you for reinforcing my point. I was being facetious.
          You are welcome...glad to have your back...even if it is hard to read sarcasm/facetiousness in a post.

          Comment


          • Although I am undoubtedly the most intelligent person most of you will ever encounter, when I have limited knowledge of a subject, I admit it. I have limited knowledge of the subject of offshore drilling. But I can't seem to remember a major oil spill that occurred from a drilling rig. Anecdotally, I have heard about a major spill in like 1968. But in my adult life, there apparently hasn't been one.

            If that is true, wouldn't that make offshore oil drilling incredibly safe and environmentally friendly? There wasn't even a major spill post-Katrina. Of course, that would provide even further proof that Pelosi is a fool.

            Secondly, I have an aquaintance who regularly fishes in AK in the area where the Valdez oil spill occurred. He reports that the area is cleaner, more beautiful and has an abundant array of fish since the oil spill. There is no evidence of the spill. I am not advocating having an oil spill to spark a makeover, but I think it shows that these horrible incidents don't mean the end of life as we know it.
            PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
              Although I am undoubtedly the most intelligent person most of you will ever encounter, when I have limited knowledge of a subject, I admit it. I have limited knowledge of the subject of offshore drilling. But I can't seem to remember a major oil spill that occurred from a drilling rig. Anecdotally, I have heard about a major spill in like 1968. But in my adult life, there apparently hasn't been one.

              If that is true, wouldn't that make offshore oil drilling incredibly safe and environmentally friendly? There wasn't even a major spill post-Katrina. Of course, that would provide even further proof that Pelosi is a fool.

              Secondly, I have an aquaintance who regularly fishes in AK in the area where the Valdez oil spill occurred. He reports that the area is cleaner, more beautiful and has an abundant array of fish since the oil spill. There is no evidence of the spill. I am not advocating having an oil spill to spark a makeover, but I think it shows that these horrible incidents don't mean the end of life as we know it.
              George,

              True or not (and I making no judgement on the veracity of your statement), that is THE ballsy-est statement I have ever read on any forum. I commend you, sir!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by txgp17 View Post
                So you're holding a grudge against me because you made incorrect statements about an item you'd never even used. Nice.Ask scfire86, he inserted that into his argument, just 29 posts into the thread.
                Nice. I was asked a question regarding constitutional rights and I responded with an answer.

                I won't be arguing for the sake of arguing.
                They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

                I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
                  I was asked a question regarding constitutional rights and I responded with an answer.
                  And it was a wrong answer.
                  The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. --Norman Mattoon Thomas, 6 time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
                    If that is true, wouldn't that make offshore oil drilling incredibly safe and environmentally friendly? There wasn't even a major spill post-Katrina. Of course, that would provide even further proof that Pelosi is a fool.
                    Let's keep in mind that one estimate says that there is 3.612 x 10²º gallons of sea water in the ocean.

                    Someone else can do the math, but if you spill 100,000 gallons of oil, it's the literal drop in the bucket.
                    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

                    "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

                    "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by txgp17 View Post
                      And it was a wrong answer.
                      According to you. Not to me.

                      The Constitution doesn't say anything about an Interstate Highway System and the feds built one.

                      Founding Father Thomas Jefferson had a very strict view of the responsibilities of government when he wrote the Constitution. Yet during his presidency he funded the Lewis and Clark Expedition. There's no mention of that being a governmental responsibility either.
                      They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

                      I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
                        The Constitution doesn't say anything about an Interstate Highway System and the feds built one.

                        Founding Father Thomas Jefferson had a very strict view of the responsibilities of government when he wrote the Constitution. Yet during his presidency he funded the Lewis and Clark Expedition. There's no mention of that being a governmental responsibility either.
                        Not sure I follow the comparison.

                        The feds provide funds to build the highways, but they are controlled and operated (owned if you will) by the states.

                        Which is a protected right of the states in the tenth amendment.

                        I wouldn't recommend trying taking that right away either.
                        I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

                        "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

                        "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
                          Not sure I follow the comparison.

                          The feds provide funds to build the highways, but they are controlled and operated (owned if you will) by the states.

                          Which is a protected right of the states in the tenth amendment.

                          I wouldn't recommend trying taking that right away either.
                          My point is there are folks who will criticize an action of the feds because it's not explicitly written in the Constitution.

                          There are numerous government activities that are not explicitly written in the Constitution, yet they are in fact a legal or legitimate act of the Feds.

                          When I hear critics of the Feds rationalize the Federalist Papers as the basis of the government and its considered excess I use the Jefferson example to explain even some of those Founding Fathers didn't adhere to those tenets in their totality.
                          They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

                          I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

                          Comment


                          • Adhering to those tenets entirely and abrogating the rights affirmed to individuals by certain amendments (note I did not write 'grant') are not exactly the same.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
                              My point is there are folks who will criticize an action of the feds because it's not explicitly written in the Constitution.

                              There are numerous government activities that are not explicitly written in the Constitution, yet they are in fact a legal or legitimate act of the Feds.

                              When I hear critics of the Feds rationalize the Federalist Papers as the basis of the government and its considered excess I use the Jefferson example to explain even some of those Founding Fathers didn't adhere to those tenets in their totality.
                              I understand, but if it is explicitly written in the bill of rights than how can you justify the gun control position?

                              Seems pretty clear to me. The people have a right to bear arms.

                              A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
                              I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

                              "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

                              "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
                                I understand, but if it is explicitly written in the bill of rights than how can you justify the gun control position?

                                Seems pretty clear to me. The people have a right to bear arms.

                                A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
                                Because people in the extremes of political ideology will fight for the rights that they want and fight against the rights of others that they do not like.


                                I love how people who want to curb my own Constitutionally guaranteed rights will never give one inch on their own rights.

                                This is not necesarily directed at SC, just an observation I have made.

                                Just remember, the Constitution tells the PEOPLE what the government CANNOT do.


                                As for the interstate highway system, it was built with 3 major purposes in mind - which are largely forgotten or.....conveniently ignores.

                                1) Transportation of goods for interstate commerce

                                2) Evacuation of major cities in time of war - which I extend to disaster

                                3) Movement of military assets to more easily provide for national defense.


                                Me being able to drive from Boston to Seattle on I-90 is certainly not a major purpose.
                                "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

                                The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

                                "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

                                "As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

                                www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X