Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Chicken sh*t Nancy Pelosi!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, this one just never gets old, does it?
    Member IACOJ

Comment

This is a travesty!! This is unconscionable!! This is TREASON!!! YES TREASON!!! She has silenced the voice of the American people!!!! What kind of mindless twit are you to support her actions?????????
      It's called RECESS...they do it every year, and have been for many, many years. You should check into the Legislative Reorganization Act of 1970 before calling anyone else a "mindless twit"...twit.
      Member IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by ThNozzleman View Post
        It's called RECESS...
        Exactly. I'm sure all those GOP congressmen have their doctors appointments made for when their faux outrage hard-ons last longer than three days.

They had six years to formulate something resembling an energy policy and now that there is no more snooze buttons to hit on the alarm clocks they're claiming to being stymied by the Dems.

Couldn't get any funnier if they tried.
        They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

Recess. Sure. Shut off the microphones. Stop the objections from the floor. Silence anyone who disagrees. Ignore the people.

Blind party politics is ruining this country.

Like I said, and I'll say it again.

Just punch 10 in November and continue being a mindless idiot!!
          I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
          "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Comment

Originally posted by 1835Wayne View Post
            Recess. Sure. Shut off the microphones. Stop the objections from the floor. Silence anyone who disagrees. Ignore the people.

Blind party politics is ruining this country.

Like I said, and I'll say it again.

Just punch 10 in November and continue being a mindless idiot!!
            Wayne, notice how (as usual) neither one of these guys has introduced any facts into evidence, only made an excuse?

Recess is one thing, but you have an objection on the floor to the motion. Especially when the same lies......er I mean statements, from Nancy Pelosi were to be a more respectful majority. I love it when the Left gets caught in lies and their defenders only bring up past lies of Republicans, as if it is OK to do it.

Also notice how they deftly avoided answering the plummeting approval rating of thier beloved Democratically led congress that was supposed to work for the average man.

Sure the Republicans had 6 years to come up with an energy policy - and screwed the pooch. I don't recall President Clinton doing it. Nor do I recall the previously Democratically held congress doing it before 1992 with prior energy crises. Nor did Jimmy Carter do it after 2 major energy crises. However the Democrats have had 18 months this time around, so their apparent choice for a rebuttal to the energy policy proffered is NOT to offer their own up, just to argue against a Republican measure. Wanna bet that the Democrats will not offer up an energy plan of any sort?
            Last edited by DaSharkie; 08-03-2008, 08:15 AM.
            "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
              Are you willing to pay billions of subsidies to the oil companies to drill in ANWR? Because that is what they want before they start drilling. Somehow that inconvenient fact is never mentioned by the conservatives who got their thongs in a twist.

Did you know that recent research shows that 20% of the worlds undiscovered oil reserves lie above the arctic circle. Although I ask the question, How do they know how much is there if it is undiscovered?
              http://blogs.wsj.com/environmentalca...ic-oil-gusher/
              Did you also know that Russia, Canada, and the Netherlands are already tapping into that pool of oil? Did you also know that drilling in ANWR will allow the US to use the already bought and paid for Alaska oil pipeline?

Given the trampling of procedures that occurred during the 14 years of a GOP majority Pelosi gave them a dose of their own medicine. The reaction has been hysterical to watch.
              So she is just like they are...No there is leadership.. It just sickens me to see these legislators acting like a bunch of elementary school kids on the playground. The young lady needs to grow and stop acting like a 10 year old.

"In fact, since the Democrats took control the price of gas has nearly doubled."
              How is that the Democrats fault? When gas jumped to the unheard of price of $3/gal I stated no one should be surprised at that occurrence with a President and VP who have direct ties to the oil industry. Yet now the Dems are to blame for $4/gal gas? This statement is ludicrous unless you have some type of proof that shows a direct connection between the two.
              I'm glad you agree, that was said somewhat tongue in cheek. Seems people forget that the current rise in fuel prices started in Bill Clinton's last 3 years as president. The trend has simply continued throughout the Bush years. During that time none of our elected officials have done anything to change it. Difference now is the Republicans have been trying to come up with solutions and do something, their opponents are just walking away. They all make me laugh. If one side says the sky is green the other will say the sky is red. In the end both are wrong and we the people take it in the shorts

Comment

Allow me to also add one more thought. The democrats (aka Liberals) are happy about the high price of gas. This plays right into their belief that we must do something about the alleged Man Made Global Warming. What dopes to think we can control the climate. At any rate, the high price of oil and gas equates to a reduction in consumption, which is what these nut cases want, no matter the cost. In the end, the poor and the working class get hurt again for some idealistic hoopla that means absolutely nothing. The high cost of energy is directly responsible for the collapsing economy. Don't worry that you can't afford food, you will save the growing polar bear population.

Comment

Originally posted by 1835Wayne View Post
                  YOUR rights have been trampled on!!
                  Excuse me????

Have you been paying any attention whatsoever to whats been happening to our "rights" since GWB and his morality police have been in charge? And I guess you also missed the fact that your government of the people, by the people and for the people can now spy on you and detain you without just cause.

Talk about mindless...
                  Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
                  RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
                  Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Comment

Originally posted by ThNozzleman View Post
                    What a bunch of crybabies. The Bush policies over the last seven years have led directly to the situation we're in now, along with a Republican controlled congress.
                    LOL, typical reply. It's all BUSH's fault!
                    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

The House officially adjourned, just like they always do...even when the Republicans were in control. This is nothing but election year theatrics by a bunch of whiney-*** rightwing crybabies who aren't getting their way and have decided the best way to serve the nation is to throw an embarrassing tantrum.
                      They had six years to formulate something resembling an energy policy and now that there is no more snooze buttons to hit on the alarm clocks they're claiming to being stymied by the Dems.
                      Exactly. They didn't do a damned thing in six years with the lights on, so now they're sitting in the dark crying on each other shoulders.
                      Simply pathetic.
                      Member IACOJ

Comment

LOL, typical reply. It's all BUSH's fault!
                        Wow. What a fact-filled response. You really knocked that one out of the park, didn't you? Was someone else setting policy for all those years? Surely George W. "I haven't heard anything about four dollar a gallon gas" Bush isn't to blame.
                        Can the righties get any dumber??
                        Member IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
                          Allow me to also add one more thought. The democrats (aka Liberals) are happy about the high price of gas. This plays right into their belief that we must do something about the alleged Man Made Global Warming. What dopes to think we can control the climate. At any rate, the high price of oil and gas equates to a reduction in consumption, which is what these nut cases want, no matter the cost. In the end, the poor and the working class get hurt again for some idealistic hoopla that means absolutely nothing. The high cost of energy is directly responsible for the collapsing economy. Don't worry that you can't afford food, you will save the growing polar bear population.
                          When he was subpoenaed to turn over the notes from the Energy Task Force, Cheney claimed "Executive Privilege" and refused. Two of the participants in those meetings are now convicted felons.

This is the energy policy the Bush administration laid out in early part of the administration.

Did you know that recent research shows that 20% of the worlds undiscovered oil reserves lie above the arctic circle. Although I ask the question, How do they know how much is there if it is undiscovered?
                          That doesn't necessarily equate to profitability for those who extract oil. As I've stated in the past, the oil companies are demanding significant subsidies to start drilling. It could be argued the high price of gas plays into their hands as well. They continue to receive record profits while stating their inability to drill because of enviro concerns and therefore enabling the political pressure on congress to get them the subsidies they demand.

Could you point me to one place the oil companies have been prevented from drilling? The only place that comes to mind is off the coast of Florida when they had that enviro wacko governor Jeb Bush. You can't be serious when you believe the oil lobby isn't more capable of getting its way than the Sierra Club.
                          They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by DaSharkie View Post
                            Wayne, notice how (as usual) neither one of these guys has introduced any facts into evidence, only made an excuse?
                            Facts were introduced. Congress had officially recessed. That is the authority granted the Speaker.

Recess is one thing, but you have an objection on the floor to the motion. Especially when the same lies......er I mean statements, from Nancy Pelosi were to be a more respectful majority. I love it when the Left gets caught in lies and their defenders only bring up past lies of Republicans, as if it is OK to do it.
                            See above post.

Also notice how they deftly avoided answering the plummeting approval rating of thier beloved Democratically led congress that was supposed to work for the average man.
                            People may dislike congress, but they like their representative. It is why the same folks that are wholly despised keep getting re-elected.

Sure the Republicans had 6 years to come up with an energy policy - and screwed the pooch. I don't recall President Clinton doing it. Nor do I recall the previously Democratically held congress doing it before 1992 with prior energy crises. Nor did Jimmy Carter do it after 2 major energy crises. However the Democrats have had 18 months this time around, so their apparent choice for a rebuttal to the energy policy proffered is NOT to offer their own up, just to argue against a Republican measure. Wanna bet that the Democrats will not offer up an energy plan of any sort?
                            I addressed this issue on another thread. This administration has gone to great lengths to keep their energy policy secret. It's become obvious why that was done.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1983 View Post
                              Excuse me????

Have you been paying any attention whatsoever to whats been happening to our "rights" since GWB and his morality police have been in charge? And I guess you also missed the fact that your government of the people, by the people and for the people can now spy on you and detain you without just cause.

Talk about mindless...
                              No one seems to care the 4th or 5th Ammendment has been demolished. But listen to the cries of outrage if someone wants to ban a firearm that has no sporting purpose.

Comment

Yeah, Right..............

Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
                                No one seems to care the 4th or 5th Ammendment has been demolished. But listen to the cries of outrage if someone wants to ban a firearm that has no sporting purpose.
                                Produce an Object. Any Object. Firefighters WILL find a Sporting Purpose for it. Guaranteed.
                                Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                                In memory of
                                Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                                Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X