Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Flag of Mexico Flown Illegally Over Reno Business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    If you want to live like a thug or a criminal, you'll die like a thug or a criminal. And that applies to blacks, whites, Mexicans or anyone else that decides to live that life.
    Yet you had a different attitude about that when white trash hayseeds were pointing guns at cops in Nevada. I'm betting your attitude isn't any different with the hayseeds pointing guns and making threatening statements in Oregon. No ethnic individual is stupid enough to believe the law that supports one's right to bear arms applies to them as equally as it does white people.

Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    The fact is dude, cops have the same right to life as anyone else, and yes, staying alive means understanding the likely people and places that poses a threat to that life. Anybody pulling a weapon (or what looks like a weapon) from their pants or pockets represents a immediate threat to the officers life, and allows the officer to take whatever actions he deems as appropriate to protect his life without issuing a warning.
    See above response.
    They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
      Yet you had a different attitude about that when white trash hayseeds were pointing guns at cops in Nevada. I'm betting your attitude isn't any different with the hayseeds pointing guns and making threatening statements in Oregon. No ethnic individual is stupid enough to believe the law that supports one's right to bear arms applies to them as equally as it does white people.

See above response.
      And how many of those white "hayseeds" took a shot at the cops vs. the number of inner that pull a gun with malice and/or take shots at officers every single day?

Like it or not, the cops in the inner city are targets for those that carry weapons to commit crime, and as such, I have no issue with the trigger being pulled just a little bit faster as it's far more likely that they will be shot at. If you want to call that racist, so be it. But at the end of the day it's far more likely that an inner city cop will be shot compared to a rural cop responding to a run with one of those "hayseeds".

I have no issue with anyone of any color bearing arms for self protection and sport if they are acquired legally, which likely most of those "hayseeds" did. I do have issues with folks acquiring weapons illegally and using them for gang activity or to commit crimes.
      Last edited by LaFireEducator; 01-04-2016, 03:52 PM.
      Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

And how many of those white "hayseeds" took a shot at the cops vs. the number of inner that pull a gun with malice and/or take shots at officers every single day?
        Fewer than the number of shots taken by Tamir Rice at anyone. BTW, numerous experts in use of force have been very critical of the way that officer reacted. For one thing he sped up close to the suspect and never gave Rice the opportunity put his weapon down. I'm sure you knew that already. Who am I kidding? Of course you didn't.

Like it or not, the cops in the inner city are targets for those that carry weapons to commit crime, and as such, I have no issue with the trigger being pulled just a little bit faster as it's far more likely that they will be shot at. If you want to call that racist, so be it. But at the end of the day it's far more likely that an inner city cop will be shot compared to a rural cop responding to a run with one of those "hayseeds".
        So cops are okay with white people pointing guns at them? Good to know. Though I sincerely doubt it.

I have no issue with anyone of any color bearing arms for self protection and sport if they are acquired legally, which likely most of those "hayseeds" did. I do have issues with folks acquiring weapons illegally and using them for gang activity or to commit crimes.
        I have a problem with illegal weapons as well. Regardless of color. You don't know if those weapons acquired by "hayseeds" are legal or not. Nor do you know if they are legally allowed to own them.

Then of course we get into the other issue of these "hayseeds" are breaking the law by trespassing. But that might be too difficult for you to comprehend.
        Last edited by scfire86; 01-04-2016, 04:17 PM.
        They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

• of course you're right SC .........

Comment

of course you're right SC .........
            Given your outrageous and ridiculous statements it's not a high bar to jump over.

Comment

Given your outrageous and ridiculous statements it's not a high bar to jump over.
              I guess we just see things from a different perspective.

Many studies have shown that by the time needed by a cop to confirm that the subject has a gun it is already to late to pull his weapon and fire. in addition, other studies have shown that a person can be as far as 20' from an officer with a knife and the officer will not have time to pull his weapon and fire.

That being said, I believe that the officer should have the right to fire his weapon any time that he has a reasonable belief that his life is in danger. In this case, somebody reaching behind his back and pulling what appears to be a gun from under his shirt is to me, a reason for the officer to fire his weapon. The cop should not have to wait for the weapon to be pointed at him. The simple fact that he has a gun is to me, enough reason to discharge. Sorry, but cops lives do matter far more than somebody that decides to pull a weapon or what appears to be a weapon at that split second, attack a cop or not follow commands.

The kid made a choice to carry what looked like a weapon and he made the choice to remove the orange tip. The kid made the choice to point the weapon at folks in the park.The kid made the choice to pull the weapon rather than simply put his hands in the air and let the officer know about the weapon. The kid made the bad choices, and the cop had a perfect right to fire once he saw the weapon. It's really that simple. The kid is 100% responsible for his death due to the choices that HE made.

No different than Brown in Ferguson. No different than Eric Garner. They made the choice to attack the cop and/or not comply with officer commands and resist arrest. Bad choices and bad results that are on the suspects. They could have simply complied, gone to jail, and they would be alive today.

If they do not stop, follow commands and comply, it's on, and if the cop feels that deadly force is needed, so be it. The cop has every right to go home at night. He does not have obligation to die due to the poor choices made by the suspects.

Maybe the leaders and parents and church leaders in the communities in which these folks are being killed by cops need to teach their children how to comply and follow law enforcement commands. Maybe they need to teach them not to reach into their pockets. maybe they need to teach them not to pull weapons. Funny thing is that in every one of these incidents, if the suspects had done that, there would not have been any problems.

Yes, there are times that cops are wrong. The guy who was shot in the back while fleeing in NC awhile ago. But again, had he gotten out of his car and not ran, there would not have been an incident. So yes, even he bears some responsibility for what happened. Don't run. Don't resist. Comply....... Very simple words that solves so many problems.

Funny how that works. Taking personal responsibility to solve the problem rather than expecting cops to wait that extra split second that could get them killed.
              Last edited by LaFireEducator; 01-07-2016, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I guess we just see things from a different perspective.

Many studies have shown that by the time needed by a cop to confirm that the subject has a gun it is already to late to pull his weapon and fire. in addition, other studies have shown that a person can be as far as 20' from an officer with a knife and the officer will not have time to pull his weapon and fire.
                Many studies? Which ones?

FBI statistics identified 27 LODDs for LEOs in 2013. Spanning 16 states. Please show your proof that incidence of those deaths being primarily comprised in ethnic neighborhoods. Which is what you claim.

Please also show your proof that LEOs are okay with guns being pointed at them by white people vs ethnic groups. Still the best water through the nose statement you have made so far. Though I'm sure more will follow.

Comment

Many studies? Which ones?

FBI statistics identified 27 LODDs for LEOs in 2013. Spanning 16 states. Please show your proof that incidence of those deaths being primarily comprised in ethnic neighborhoods. Which is what you claim.

Please also show your proof that LEOs are okay with guns being pointed at them by white people vs ethnic groups. Still the best water through the nose statement you have made so far. Though I'm sure more will follow.
                  As far as the "white people" , for whatever reason, in that circumstance the officers did not feel threatened and did not believe that there was a reasonable possibility of harm. I can't tell you why .... Only the officers at that incident could tell you. Maybe because the data will likely show that fewer Law enforcement officers are shot by whites than black and that factors into the officers' decision-making process as it's human nature. Maybe it was because of the circumstances surrounding the event. I'm sure that if they had felt threatened, they would have shot.

As far as officers being shot and assaulted in ethnic neighborhoods, I don't have that hard data, but I do know for a fact that it occurs far more often in the "ethnic" neighborhoods in this part of the state compared to white areas. I have several cop friends and have asked them. yes, they are assaulted periodically in white areas, but it occurs FAR less often. I have no reason to believe that it's the case in most urban areas. And I'm sure the data would also bear out far more injured and killed officers (in suspect related attacks) per capita in urban vs. rural areas.

Funny that you didn't address the fact that in just about in every incident involving a shooting or a fatality of a suspect , there was a decision made by the suspect not to comply with instructions, to pull a weapon, assault the officer or resist arrest. Again, I can point to 95% of the incidents where cops use force that had the suspect stopped, placed his hands in the air, didn't reach for his weapon, didn't resist arrest and complied with instructions, they would be alive today. It's really that damn simple.

At the end of the day, the cops have a right to do what they feel they need to do to stay uninjured and alive. If the suspect makes a bad decision, it should not be on the cops.

If they choose not to make that decision, what happens after that is 100% on them.
                  Last edited by LaFireEducator; 01-07-2016, 01:40 PM.

Comment

As far as officers being shot and assaulted in ethnic neighborhoods, I don't have that hard data, but I do know for a fact that it occurs far more often in the "ethnic" neighborhoods in this part of the state compared to white areas. I have several cop friends and have asked them. yes, they are assaulted periodically in white areas, but it occurs FAR less often. I have no reason to believe that it's the case in most urban areas. And I'm sure the data would also bear out far more injured and killed officers (in suspect related attacks) per capita in urban vs. rural areas.
                    You cite your opinion that you are "sure" that more officers are injured in ethnic (urban) vs non-ethnic (rural) areas without any facts.

Funny that you didn't address the fact that in just about in every incident involving a shooting or a fatality of a suspect , there was a decision made by the suspect not to comply with instructions, to pull a weapon, assault the officer or resist arrest. Again, I can point to 95% of the incidents where cops use force that had the suspect stopped, placed his hands in the air, didn't reach for his weapon, didn't resist arrest and complied with instructions, they would be alive today. It's really that damn simple.
                    Because it makes the assumption the LEO isn't doing anything wrong. Until that can be proven there is no need to respond.

At the end of the day, the cops have a right to do what they feel they need to do to stay uninjured and alive. If the suspect makes a bad decision, it should not be on the cops.
                    Once again this makes the assumption that LEOs never make bad decisions.

If they choose not to make that decision, what happens after that is 100% on them.
                    See above response.

Comment

• No point in carrying on this discussion as we obviously have a very different view of the use of force by LE.

I don't believe that there is a place for questioning an officer who on average has less than 2 seconds to make a decision regarding the use of deadly force.

Have a nice afternoon.
                      Last edited by LaFireEducator; 01-07-2016, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• That is true. We have a different view on use of force by LE. Yours is based on anecdotal hearsay, mine is based on facts.

Which one do you believe would hold up in court?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X