Smoke smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke smell

Hey guys, just wondering what's the best soap to get the smoke smell out of your hair and skin. My little lady's always complaining about me after a real smoky house fire? Dial, lever 2000, Irish Spring........

Smoke Smell

Originally posted by VFDWC430 View Post
    Hey guys, just wondering what's the best soap to get the smoke smell out of your hair and skin. My little lady's always complaining about me after a real smoky house fire? Dial, lever 2000, Irish Spring........
    Well that is funny but if it was me i wouldn't complain and i am a female and I love the smokie scent .lol
    Did anyone let u know yet what kind of soap to use..? Cause now I am curious!

Comment

Lever and some good scrubbing helps. My Lady likes the woodsy smell anyways LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Babygirl03 View Post
        Well that is funny but if it was me i wouldn't complain and i am a female and I love the smokie scent .lol
        Did anyone let u know yet what kind of soap to use..? Cause now I am curious!
        My wife agrees

If you really have to get the smoke smell out of your hair, try a shampoo with coconut; it either removes the odor producing compounds or just overpowers them.

Ever go into a sauna a couple of days after a good smoky fire and get the smoke odor from your skin?
        Last edited by KenNFD1219; 04-29-2007, 10:49 PM.
        -------------------
        "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
        -----------------------------------------------
        Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Comment

I'm still trying to convince the lovely Mrs. Gonz that the smell of smoke is actually an aphrodesiac...

for 26+ years now!
          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Irish Spring, applied with 100 grit sandpaper works best!
            These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
            Forever in our hearts

Comment

Ever tried protein foam???

Comment

My wife has made me undress in the front yard before so as to minimize the stench from a fire...a little embarassing, to be sure...

I use Old Spice body wash, although it takes two or more showers to get the smell out of my hair.

Comment

Originally posted by davjohnson View Post
                  Ever tried protein foam???

The wives/lovers/significant others will love the smell of smoke compared to that!

A friend's former station used to use to protein foam drills on the front lawn of their firehouse..while it stunk to hgh heaven, the grass there was always lush and green
                  ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                  Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
                    The wives/lovers/significant others will love the smell of smoke compared to that!

A friend's former station used to use to protein foam drills on the front lawn of their firehouse..while it stunk to hgh heaven, the grass there was always lush and green
                    Imagine that....

Comment

...but the question was how to get rid of the smoke smell. Protein foam will do the job!!!....lol

Gonzo....you're showing your age man!!! Only a hard, crusty, leather-lunged, old timer would remember the days of "lawn drills".

Comment

smoke smell...

How do u wash your bunker gear do u have to take it to a laundry mat.How do you get the smokie scent out of those?

Comment

Originally posted by Babygirl03 View Post
                          How do u wash your bunker gear do u have to take it to a laundry mat.How do you get the smokie scent out of those?
                          Wash the gear?! Are you crazy?!

We have commercial washer/extractors and bunker gear driers at our stations.
                          Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                          IAFF Local 2339
                          K of C 4th Degree
                          "LEATHER FOREVER"
                          Member I.A.C.O.J.
                          http://www.tfdfire.com/
                          "Fir na tine"

Comment

I use Axe... I have a Green bottle, and a yellow bottle. The yellow bottle has sandpapery stuff in it, and feels kinda good.
                            Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
                            IACOJ

Comment

Granted, this is going back a few years, but I found the VERY BEST way to get the smoke stink out, was to have a girlfriend who was also a FF in my station...... Or at least neither of us noticed the stink anyhow.
                              If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X