Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darwin.... Earth Calling

From FOX News...

BRUSSELS, Belgium — An animal lover was mauled to death by cheetahs after entering their cage at a zoo in northern Belgium, authorities and zoo officials said Monday.

Karen Aerts, 37, of Antwerp, was found dead in the cage, Olmense Zoo spokesman Jan Libot said. Police said they ruled out any foul play.

Authorities believe Aerts, a regular visitor to the zoo, hid in the park late Sunday until it closed and managed to find the keys to the cheetah cage.

"Karen loved animals. Unfortunately the cheetahs betrayed her trust," Libot said.

One of the cats that killed Aerts was named Bongo, whom the woman had adopted under a special program. She paid for Bongo's food, Libot said.

Animal rights group GAIA called for the immediate closure of the zoo, located 55 miles northeast of Brussels, saying it was unsafe for both visitors and the cats.

Rudy Demotte, the Belgian minister responsible for animal welfare, sent a team to investigate.

-------------------

WTF.

It is dangerous for visitors when they break into large cats cages to pat the wee puddy tat.

It is only dangerous for the cats if they choke on the plonker due to not chewing their food well enough.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

I tot I saw a pudy tat.....I did! I did saw a pudy tat! Bad pudy tat!

One of the cats that killed Aerts was named Bongo, whom the woman had adopted under a special program. She paid for Bongo's food, Libot said.
    Talk about ironic.

Comment

Soooo, just because you paid for the animals food you figure you have unsupervised visitation rights? Was she blonde? They are in cages for a reason.

Comment

She did, in a way, PAY for Bongos food.
        Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
        Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
          She did, in a way, PAY for Bongos food.
          Pay? She WAS Bongo's food!
          Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Comment

Is it to late to say "Heres your sign?"
            The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Comment

Originally posted by jccrabby3084 View Post
              Is it to late to say "Heres your sign?"
              She had the sign, the cheetas ate that too!
              United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Comment

That's why I could never work in a zoo.If assigned to wiork the large cats exhibit,I'd show up the first day with my .308 and numerous 20 round magazines.
                Either that,or I'd stop off at the bird exhibits and teach the parrots to say"Here,kitty,kitty".

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X