This Is Pretty Kuul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is Pretty Kuul

Too bad they aren't doing something like this back Home.

Veterans Find New Life In Pizza

POSTED: 2:04 am EST February 2, 2007
    UPDATED: 6:45 am EST February 2, 2007

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- The owners of franchise companies are helping war veterans become business entrepreneurs.

Robbie Doughty, of Kentucky, lost his legs in a roadside bombing in Iraq and was searching for a new life outside the Army when a call came from Michael Ilitch, the founder and owner of the Little Caesars pizza chain, offering a business proposition.

Did Doughty want to open a Little Caesars franchise? Doughty said he didn't hesitate a second before saying he'd do it. He and a business partner celebrated their pizza store's grand opening Thursday.

Since last November, any qualified, honorably discharged veteran can receive $10,000 in discounts to become a Little Caesars franchise operator. Discounts for veterans with disabling injuries can reach $68,000.

Besides Little Caesars, about 250 companies that belong to the International Franchise Association offer incentives to help veterans get set up in business.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

It's on Paducah's Southside,if I remember the item on one of the local radio websites.
    Kinda disproves the idea that corporate America is against the soldiers for fighting in Iraq.
    It's always good to see stuff like this,isn't it?

Comment

Yep, it sure is. Now if only the folks back home would catch on.
      If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

I hope this sort of thing catches on and shames the rest of the corporate world gets going on this.

Comment

It's still in the rotation for WKYX 570 in Paducah http://www.wkyx.com/local-news-details.asp?NewsID=4004
          Hope the link works.

Comment

I see you used to be on RFFD in McCracken County, KY. I'm on Concord. When did you leave?

Comment

Originally posted by ModernGeek View Post
              I see you used to be on RFFD in McCracken County, KY. I'm on Concord. When did you leave?
              Email me,pal. [email protected].I can't get the pm thingumabob to work for me.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X