What does your user name mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your user name mean?

I have done this in another forum and it was pretty intresting to see the stories behind user names... i didn't see another thread like it, so here we go...

My last name is Olson, so, just a play off that, many people have called me Olie my whole life. A while ago, my buddy Aaron started calling me Olie Canoli, I suppose just because it rhymes.

About 4 years ago he was setting up an online poker account for me and the user name could only be 7 characters long, so, he shortened it to OlieCan.

All my friends have called me it ever since.

What about everyone else?
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

Look again ... it has been done
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
      Look again ... it has been done
      Would it kill anyone to do it again?

I'm guessing your SN denotes that you have Respect for the Fire Service, and that you're From Calgary, Alberta Province of Canada. Right?

Mine's pretty simple...my two first public safety loves were LE and EMS (yes, I'm a "late-bloomer" in the Fire Service). 11-41 is the California Highway Patrol 11-code for EMS, so I'm "theEMSman", only in LE-speak.
      My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Comment

Still can't find it.

If anyone wants to hit me up with a link, or just post it again, cause Im sure many of the newer members, myself included, havn't seen the old thread.
        IACOJ

Comment

I’ve always been fascinated with dragons, wizards, and mythology since I was a kid. So most of my user names throughout my “web live” have been linked to something of this nature. Master Merlin just happens to be my messenger name as well so it just seemed fit to use it here.

For the record, I thought this was a good topic. I've wondered about a lot of the user names.
          It's a jungle out there. You have to watch out for number 1, but be careful not to step in number 2! - Rodney Dangerfield

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

Comment

Here's a couple ...

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...light=username

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...ghlight=screen

Happy reading!

Sorry, no time to go into my name right now. That would be the short version, yes. Aside from the fact that I now live in Victoria, BC.

The last two threads aren't really "what your name means", but fun threads sort of related.
            Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 01-31-2007, 10:00 AM.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
            Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
              Here's a couple ...

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...light=username

Happy reading!

Sorry, no time to go into my name right now. That would be the short version, yes. Aside from the fact that I now live in Victoria, BC.

The last two threads aren't really "what your name means", but fun threads sort of related.
              Keep in mind that first link was 2 years old, and the second one, obviously isn't what thier names mean...

Either way, I think its time for an update for whoever wants to do it. There are new members on here all the time, and its fun to get some stories behind people
              IACOJ

Comment

You guys DID see the wink in my first post, right????

And this:

Sheri
                Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by OlieCan View Post
                  Keep in mind that first link was 2 years old, and the second one, obviously isn't what thier names mean...
                  Welcome to internet forums. If you start a topic that's been done before, even 5 years ago, people will chastise you for re-posting a pre-existing topic.

If you do a search and bump a 2 yr old topic to add your two cents on the issue, you'll be jumped for bringing up an ancient topic.

It's a lose-lose situation.

The best bet to avoid being corrected is to not start topics at all.
                  My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Comment

I stayed up all night with the help of most of a case of Coors to make up mine.

Comment

RFRD- my dept
                      xplorer - I am an explorer.
                      ------------------------------------
                      These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                      ------------------------------------

Comment

lvwrench because my job is reparing the firefighting rigs and that as they say is job security.

Comment

I just kept it simple and copied what was on my helmet shield
                          [FONT=Times New Roman]Douglas R. Patton
                          IACOJ
                          "Omnis Cedo Domus"
                          I am now a former Chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone.
                          Isaiah 6:8

Comment

The first part is rather self explanitory...Hopefully it is anyway. The 4949 is part of my computer log-in I.D. at work.

So much for having an interesting screen name.

Kevin
                            Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
                            IAFF Local 2339
                            K of C 4th Degree
                            "LEATHER FOREVER"
                            Member I.A.C.O.J.
                            http://www.tfdfire.com/
                            "Fir na tine"

Comment

Take a guess............
                              I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment