I like the "We Do Windows"

How about "Bucket o' Balls"

wouldn't that **** off some people aye?
    ROFLMAO
    Firefighter for Vestal 32-2

American Red Cross Volunteer

Comment

How about

"We'd have gotten here sooner but there was an argument about who's turn it was to drive"

or

"Backed by two pairs of everything"

or "Watch that last step"
      IAFF

Comment

Originally posted by Bones42 View Post
        Fire Department.

anything else is childs play.
        My vote goes to Fire Department too.
        I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFF View Post
          My vote goes to Fire Department too.
          We've disagreed on other things but I have to say I'm with you on this one. I was biting my tongue until Bones said something...

Cute slogans are cute once but they get old fast.
          "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
          sigpic
          The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Originally posted by ullrichk View Post
            How about

STUDENT DRIVER

It might not be much of a slogan, but it would be more effective at moving traffic than a Q, a bell, and every flashing light in the department.
            Right after I got my first real piloting job on the river,when I was to drive the boat and not double as a deckhand,some wise axe painted that on a sign and hung it on the stern on the boat I ran out of Paducah Ky.
            Even though we only faced up to fuel barges and people gave me a wide berth anyway,I didn't know about it for a week before someone called me on VHF and asked about if we ran a school.
            My next submission to the contest is"Head's UP!" or maybe "Long Drop".
            Last edited by doughesson; 01-30-2007, 02:09 PM.

Comment

"Nosebleed Section"
              The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Comment

How about "I hope enough people get here so we can be effective on the first due"?
                I disagree in that slogans are child's play unless it's some cute made up BS. If it's earned, it will convay pride and ownership. Being on a department with crappy moral or lousy leaders in admin, it may be your saving grace.
                My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
                "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                George Mason
                Co-author of the Second Amendment
                during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
                Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

Yeah,..............

Originally posted by SPFDRum View Post
                  How about "I hope enough people get here so we can be effective on the first due"?
                  I disagree in that slogans are child's play unless it's some cute made up BS. If it's earned, it will convay pride and ownership. Being on a department with crappy moral or lousy leaders in admin, it may be your saving grace.
                  I agree totally. There are also "traditional" reasons. Many Companies in Western Maryland not only have a "Slogan", it is (almost always tastefully done) lettered on the Apparatus in a prominent place. Frostburg VFD's "Our Deeds, Our Rewards" Shaft VFD's "Few Serving Many" and Laurel VFD's "Service For Others" are a few that come to mind, and they go back to the days of Hand Drawn Apparatus. Our "Blitz Crew" at Glenn Dale goes back to the early 60's, when we were involved in some research and development projects using the so-called "Blitz" attack to knock down a large body of Fire Quickly, using an array of "Tools" like a 750 GPM Handline, 3 inch Preconnected Attack Line, Tank to Pump pipes that were at least 5 inches in diameter, and a bunch of other stuff. We, and the other folks involved from the U of M, NBS, and so on, were quite a bit ahead of the times, but a lot of good knowledge came from our "Out of the Box, Envelope Pushing" determination. "Blitz Crew" was earned, not bought, and we're VERY Proud of it. Today, 40some years later, we're still trying new ideas. And we still like the slogan.
                  Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                  In memory of
                  Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                  Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X