USMC Silent Drill Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMC Silent Drill Team

These guys are awesome, I had the chance to see them back in 90, a very impressive sight.

Click to see Video

PKFPD
    IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

That was quite something to see! Imagine the entire Drill is amazing.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

WOW!

Thanks!
      ------------------------------------
      These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
      ------------------------------------

Comment

If you get a chance to visit Washington DC in the summer, this drill is performed at the Marine Barracks One and at the Marine Corps monument in the evenings.

Based on my experience several years ago, the "Sunset Parade" was at the barracks on Friday night. There is a dress code to attend this presentation. When I approaced the barracks, I thought there was a wedding nearby. Nope. It was people lining up to attend the drill.

Tuesday is the night for the drill at the USMC monument.

It truly is worth your time to see this in person.

After you see either one of these, go to Arlington National Cemetary and stand for the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns.

Absolutely incredible.
        BE SAFE
        Before Everything, Stop And First Evaluate

Comment

Was fortunate to attend one of the Sunset Parades at "Eighth and Eye" in the mid 80s. Absofrickin' amazing!!

As a side note...I'd love to see how their practice rifles look!

(BTW...the drill team shown in A Few Good Men is a college drill team portraying the Silent Drill Team. Found that out a couple of years after the movie came out. Just thought I'd share.)

Thanks for the vid link!

Comment

Another impressive display of honor, tradition and precision is the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns in Arlington National Cemetery.
            ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
            Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by Nine3Probie View Post
              (BTW...the drill team shown in A Few Good Men is a college drill team portraying the Silent Drill Team. Found that out a couple of years after the movie came out. Just thought I'd share.)
              That's right. Freaking college sallies couldn't even get the white trousers to make actually look real.

The one time I have been to Arlington, I must have watched about 15 changings at the Tomb of the Unknowns.

I also had the opportunity to view (from afar) an Air Force funeral. Very impressive, and it was amazing to hear the rifles' report echoing across the graves of so many men and women more deserving of honor than most.
              "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

Originally posted by DaSharkie View Post
                That's right. Freaking college sallies couldn't even get the white trousers to make actually look real.
                The drill team in the movie is Texas A & M's Corp of Cadets. A unit with a proud tradition. Maybe not quite up to USMC standards, but it ain't no JROTC unit at the local HS either.
                They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

This spring break I get the chance to return to DC with my ROTC's Pershing Rifles team for competition, our graders are from the 3rd Infantry Division Old Guard, the same men who guard the Tomb of the Unknowns. Should be an intrestering experience, cant wait to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
                    The drill team in the movie is Texas A & M's Corp of Cadets. A unit with a proud tradition. Maybe not quite up to USMC standards, but it ain't no JROTC unit at the local HS either.
                    And there is the point........They just don't quite make the grade SC. Then again I am flagrantly biased.
                    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

I watched them give a flawless performance in Albany, GA several years ago. I was with my NJROTC unit in high school. One of the coolest performances I have ever seen.
                      TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
                      EMT GEMS
                      CPT/EMT MVFD
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      Proud Member of IACOJ
                      ---------------------------------------------------
                      9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

Comment

you know.... when I take my M1 hunting... i get tired of lugging that thing around after ten minutes. Tossing it around in the air .....thats something. That SOB is heavy... but I still love it
                        The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Comment

I was on my Unit drill team as a Cadet oooohh so long ago. We were good but not even close to THAT GOOD. And since I joined the Army and sailed with the Navy, my drill has... uuuummm suffered.... for lack of practice.
                          If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

One of my biggest dreams is to visit Arlington, the wife and I may try to visit this summer. To stand in a place like Arlington and watch the changing of the guard is something every American should do to put in perspective the sacrafice that so many have made. I would challenge any American to go to Arlington and watch the changing of the guard, look at the tombstones, read the names; and then watch some POS burn a flag or protest a soldiers funeral.

PKFPD
                            IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by pkfd7505 View Post
                              and then watch some POS burn a flag or protest a soldiers funeral.
                              What's sobering is the thought that those sacrifices were made in part to protect that POS's right to burn a flag or protest a soldier's funeral.

Freedom cuts both ways.
                              "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
                              sigpic
                              The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X