X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Shared A Beer Or Two ... But..

After A Hard Day, Dogs Can Kick Back With Beer

POSTED: 10:08 am EST January 23, 2007

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands -- It's a brewski to get your tail wagging.

Dutch pet shop owner Terrie Berenden is brewing a beer for dogs.

She said she got the idea after her annual hunting trip to Austria. She said that humans enjoy a brew after a day of hunting and that canines deserved a cold one, too.

Now, her beer for dogs is on the market in the Netherlands. It's advertised as "a beer for your best friend."

You don't have to worry about Rover getting tipsy. The beer is non-alcoholic and is brewed from beef extract and malt.

Berenden said the doggie brew is also fit for people. It costs about $2.15 a bottle.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

I doubt that you will get Kiwi to buy in on this one or anybody else for that matter.

Comment

I think my dog would rather stick with the human beer. He loves it. Someone gave him a drink once and now he's hooked. If he sees you with a can/bottle, he will try to get it from you......
      The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
      We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
      IACOJ

Comment

Yeah, Yeah,............

Rick - Don't deny it. You've shared a beer or two with some real dogs over the years........
        Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
        In memory of
        Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
        Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Haven't we all? Like the old song says, "The girls all get prettier at closing time."
          Vintage Firefighter: The older I get, the braver I was.

Comment

You be right LV.

Apart from the fact that when any of my dogs had a crook stomach the easiest cure was very simple.

This also works to help build muscle mass in young puppies and strengthen the bones.

And it DON'T cost $ 2.15 a bottle.

Go to your local horse supply shop and buy a container of Black Strap Mollasses, the real dark thick glue like stuff.

A couple of good gobs in hot water and let it disolve.

The dogs go ballistic over it, they love it.

That form of mollases is a long chain sugar, these assist in the break down of food within the digestive tract, allowing more oomph per ounce of food as it were.

For thin / maltreated etc dogs, combine this with drinkable Alo Vera juice and watch them pack the weight on.

Just ensure your dog has LOTS of access to the backyard and you have a LARGE shovel.
            Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
            Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
              Rick - Don't deny it. You've shared a beer or two with some real dogs over the years........
              No man ever went to bed with an ugly woman....
              United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Comment

Originally posted by martinm View Post
                No man ever went to bed with an ugly woman....

The problem is not when he's going to bed...

It's more a next morning thing

Good old Canadian beer, helping ulgy people around the world. It's conforting...!

Comment

I don't mind if they allow dogs in bars (may become a law here in WA - http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summ...r=2007#history and http://www.leg.wa.gov/pub/billinfo/2...Bills/5484.pdf )

However, they'd better buy their own damn beer...
                  Be safe y'all!
                  IACOJ Animal Control
                  Ladder 8
                  "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Comment

I can just imagine what the male dog said the morning after the night before when he wakes up and says," I slept with that bit**".

Comment

beer !!!!

RIght here I drank 2 duces this afternoon!

Comment

Two deuces, that's all? I drank that in the 10 minutes it took me to grill a steak the other day...

I did drink up a $75 bar tab last night...
                        These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
                        Forever in our hearts

Comment

2 duces

any I won't lie I was wasted and I couldn't even stand straight I was laughing my tushi off because I actually enjoyed it although I have to becareful because I am on meds like five actually so really I shouldn't drink at all but it doesn't seem to hurt me it relaxes me if anything imao~ yep I couldn't walk without tipping over I had to hold things as I walked to bathroom.. imao

Comment

Really?

Originally posted by Babygirl03 View Post
                            any I won't lie I was wasted and I couldn't even stand straight I was laughing my tushi off because I actually enjoyed it although I have to becareful because I am on meds like five actually so really I shouldn't drink at all but it doesn't seem to hurt me it relaxes me if anything imao~ yep I couldn't walk without tipping over I had to hold things as I walked to bathroom.. imao
                            Be aware--T.M.I

Comment

Originally posted by 2andfrom View Post
                              Be aware--T.M.I
                              Maybe that warning should read "Be aware -- meijersweetie sighting in progress".
                              September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                              IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                              Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader