Kentland In The News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentland In The News

Ok, this time its not the FD being featured.

Police: Stolen Car Crashes Into Kentland Home

POSTED: 6:38 am EST January 23, 2007

KENTLAND, Md. -- A police chase in Prince George's County, Md., came to a crashing end Monday night.

Authorities said it started when an officer attempted to make a traffic stop on a vehicle that was reported stolen around 6:30 p.m.

Two people jumped out of the car and police said the driver of the vehicle sped away.

The driver tried to turn a corner, went out of control and investigators said it crashed into a house in the 6900 block of Kent Town Drive.

There are no serious injuries, and officers said everyone involved was taken into custody.

Copyright 2007 by nbc4.com.

http://www.nbc4.com/news/10821152/de...301232007&ts=H
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Doesn't Kentland say "First in, last out". Kind of gives a new meaning to it...

Comment

And...............

The whole area has been nuts lately. We ran our second homicide in two weeks last night. Oh well, never a dull moment...........
      Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
      In memory of
      Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
      Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
        The whole area has been nuts lately. We ran our second homicide in two weeks last night. Oh well, never a dull moment...........
        Ya, been hearing/seeing that in the news. Very nasty stuff. Especially that story about the undercovers who got into the gunfight with that teenager. Wonder how much the Do-Gooders are gonna cry over police brutility or something like that.

Oh.. and for the "record" I have not been to Maryland since 26 December.
        If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

Um, Yeah?..............

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
          Ya, been hearing/seeing that in the news. Very nasty stuff.
          Oh.. and for the "record" I have not been to Maryland since 26 December.

We WILL be checking on that..............
          Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
          In memory of
          Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
          Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

who cares about murders and shootouts this is a FD forum. Oh and for the record no matter how many calls ketland responds to their still a laughing stock from their fight incident.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofdahill View Post
              who cares about murders and shootouts this is a FD forum. Oh and for the record no matter how many calls ketland responds to their still a laughing stock from their fight incident.
              Not going to say much, other than I don't know your area of response nor the types of calls you do respond to. I do know something about PG Co FD though - and they do respond to many calls of the type suggested by Chief Woods. Which makes the whole context rather relevant....

As for the last part of your statement, you are essentially correct. However, spelling and grammar are always good to check on before posting.

Comment

The actions of a few do not represent the whole. If that were the case, then everyone here belonging to any organization could easily be construed as being far from the norm.

The shootout involving the undercover Montgomery County Police Department happened down the street from the office. Dave found himself in the middle of a shootout across the street when we first moved here.

A sign of the times and sadly a part of suburban sprawl, in some places.
                "If you put the fire out right in the first place, you won't have to jump out the window."
                Andy Fredericks,
                FDNY E.48, SQ.18
                Alexandria, VA F.D.

Rest in Peace

Comment

As for the last part of your statement, you are essentially correct. However, spelling and grammar are always good to check on before posting. [/QUOTE]

I'm sorry let me fix that for you. KENTLAND is a laughing stock.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X