No announcement yet.

For those who (don't) like heights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone please explain this Babygirl03 person to me? I am curious as to what she is even talking about most of the time and why she is here.

Not trying to be meaner than I usually am, I am just trying to figure this out.

Thanks, I guess.

FyredUp
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Curiouser and curiouser

Fyredup.Must admit I thought along your lines-I think she has got crossed wires from another thread relating to ladders.

Can anybody make out what those vehicles/buildings are left hand side /last picture and very close to the cliff edge?.

If they are vehicles be very careful selecting forward or reverse--and if they are houses or have human occupancy, letting the kids play in the yard has a whole new risk factor!

Comment

Nope...........

Originally posted by 2andfrom View Post
        Can anybody make out what those vehicles/buildings are left hand side /last picture and very close to the cliff edge?. If they are vehicles be very careful selecting forward or reverse--and if they are houses or have human occupancy, letting the kids play in the yard has a whole new risk factor!

You got my curiosity fired up....... I looked it up on Google Earth, but the resolution on the Zoom is poor on close up shots. It does appear to be small buildings, within a fenced area. Anyone else want to try Google the Co-ordinates are 37'11'03.66 N and 113'16'37.48 W

Thinking of the kids playing: "Mom, Johnny threw the ball over the back fence"
        Last edited by hwoods; 03-18-2007, 10:37 AM.
        Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
        In memory of
        Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
        Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

heights

who was asking about my and why ...in this thread...I wrote earlier about me and heights but then someone aske along the lines why am I here or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Babygirl03 View Post
            who was asking about my and why ...in this thread...I wrote earlier about me and heights but then someone aske along the lines why am I here or something.
            I asked why are you here. I have read your posts in response to topics here and well frankly they are at times damn near incoherent. Do you want to be a firefighter? Or are you a groupie? I honestly don't know.

FyredUp
            Maybe it's not too late

Comment

Heights....

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
              I asked why are you here. I have read your posts in response to topics here and well frankly they are at times damn near incoherent. Do you want to be a firefighter? Or are you a groupie? I honestly don't know.

FyredUp
              Yes I am a canidate... I am going to college this fall however I am not their yet. I am gonna start in the fall 07.

Comment

Babygirl03

Yes I am a canidate... I am going to college this fall however I am not their yet. I am gonna start in the fall 07.
                I see.

FyredUp
                Maybe it's not too late

Comment

Bloody scared

What is a "canidate"?. You are not "their" yet? Gonna-going to?

From your profile you say you are 22 yrs old-- and still at school.I assumed by your postings that you were about 12 to 14 yrs old-that is how you present yourself.

Do you just go there, note not "their",just to eat your lunch?

May I suggest a crash course in spelling and English--about 5 yrs worth should do it.
                  I have a vested (no not an undergarment)interest in young people of your age-why?
                  Because, in less years than I like to anticipate, I will be in an old peoples home, and three guesses who will be looking after me? Yes,people of your calibre(yes I know you lot spell it different-but it is my language to start with) -and I find it a frightening thought.

Comment

What is a "canidate"?. You are not "their" yet? Gonna-going to?

From your profile you say you are 22 yrs old-- and still at school.I assumed by your postings that you were about 12 to 14 yrs old-that is how you present yourself.

Do you just go there, note not "their",just to eat your lunch?

May I suggest a crash course in spelling and English--about 5 yrs worth should do it.
                    I have a vested (no not an undergarment)interest in young people of your age-why?
                    Because, in less years than I like to anticipate, I will be in an old peoples home, and three guesses who will be looking after me? Yes,people of your calibre(yes I know you lot spell it different-but it is my language to start with) -and I find it a frightening thought.
                    Yes I am 22 yes I look younger but I am going to college in fall and yes thats one reason why school is needed. imao.. I will be attending school in fall of 07 . However. Yes I have poor grammer feel free to always correct me if I ever do attend to confuse you I sincerly apologize. Sometimes I say the wrong words or just something that doesn't make sense to be funny.

Comment

2andfrom..

You mean, mean, man. How dare you question the feel good, self esteem teaching based system of the American school system where feeling good about yourself and being politically correct is far more important than learning most anything anymore.

FyredUp
                      Maybe it's not too late

Comment

"You betcha"

Yes I am 22 yes I look younger but I am going to college in fall and yes thats one reason why school is needed. imao.. I will be attending school in fall of 07 . However. Yes I have poor grammer feel free to always correct me if I ever do attend to confuse you I sincerly apologize. Sometimes I say the wrong words or just something that doesn't make sense to be funny.
                        My dear young lady-it is not my job to correct you-that is why you go to school, to be taught the correct way. I assume you started schooling at age 5? So by my calculation you have had 17yrs of somebody trying to teach you?

I would ask for my money back.

If you are interested, I did not go to college or university-but a state school, and left when I was 14yrs old(9yrs schooling)-got a job and contributed my wages to the family.
                        When I reached your present age I applied and was accepted as a career fireman-I then did 20yrs in the front line of what I consider one of the best Brigades in the world-3rd largest after NYFD-Tokyo(we still get them from all over the world for training courses at Moreton-in Marsh).

Proud?-in your language"You betcha!"

Comment

Please don't lump all of us early twenty-somethings into this category, we're not all THAT bad!

And besides, I have good "grammer" most of the time!
                          These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
                          Forever in our hearts

Comment

Here endeth the 1st lesson

Originally posted by WFDjr1 View Post
                            Please don't lump all of us early twenty-somethings into this category, we're not all THAT bad!

And besides, I have good "grammer" most of the time!
                            Like most of ,shall we say,more mature inhabitants of this funny old world-we notice that the the young female doctor(usually of Asian extraction-no beef there-if you pass the exams,thats good enough for me) IMHO(really into this modern stuff) start thinking"Why aren't you at home playing with your dolls?"
                            But then reality dawns and you know you are past your "sell by" date

Then you get the moronic,gang oriented,drug taking, finger signing,brain dead, dole living no hoper,whose main aim in life is to get his girlfriend pregnant(more dole money)
                            Which one outnumbers the other? Young doctor -major contributor--or the no hoper? Which one annoys you the most?
                            Not that I am inferring that our young lady or yourself are "No hoper's"-there is a saying "Youth is wasted on the young"As you get older this will become more apparent
                            The one regret I have in my life? To have had more education(unfortunately the years just after WW2 messed that up).
                            If I have hi-jacked this thread-sorry!
                            You that are in the position to pursue a academic path -do so-you will never regret it

Comment

Heights.

Like most of ,shall we say,more mature inhabitants of this funny old world-we notice that the the young female doctor(usually of Asian extraction-no beef there-if you pass the exams,thats good enough for me) IMHO(really into this modern stuff) start thinking"Why aren't you at home playing with your dolls?"
                              But then reality dawns and you know you are past your "sell by" date

Then you get the moronic,gang oriented,drug taking, finger signing,brain dead, dole living no hoper,whose main aim in life is to get his girlfriend pregnant(more dole money)
                              Which one outnumbers the other? Young doctor -major contributor--or the no hoper? Which one annoys you the most?
                              Not that I am inferring that our young lady or yourself are "No hoper's"-there is a saying "Youth is wasted on the young"As you get older this will become more apparent
                              The one regret I have in my life? To have had more education(unfortunately the years just after WW2 messed that up).
                              If I have hi-jacked this thread-sorry!
                              You that are in the position to pursue a academic path -do so-you will never regret it
                              Whatever do you mean you totolly lost me? all I can say is huh?

Comment

Whatever do you mean you totolly lost me? all I can say is huh?
                                The poor communications skills of the members of your generation are a result of the "feel good, boost the esteem, do not correct the spelling and grammatical errors" policies foisted upon the school systems by those using the schools as the vehicle for their personal agenda.. the "dumbing down" of society to make it palatable to those who do not wish to excel.
                                ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                                Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X