100 Hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Hours?

Will someone please wake me up when the dems get around to starting their "first 100 hours"? I just assumed it would be the actual first 100 hours but apparently that was just a clever name for "whenever we get around to it" This should be fun to watch. You screw up the very first thing you promise????
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

I was listening to NPR on the way home yesterday and they said that the "100 hours" had begun. They didn't say when but I guess it is a start.

Comment

First 100 hours they work...or total of 100 hours they work this year?
      "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

You mean to tell me they have a pill now that keeps it up for 100 hours?

Ah, , I'm gonna burn for that one.
        "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Comment

Um yeah. You expect things to change?

Don't waste your time. Nothing is going to change. You can go back to taking your nap.
          "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

Uh, Yeah??.............

Originally posted by Bones42 View Post
            First 100 hours they work...or total of 100 hours they work this year?

You don't really think they'll actually work 100 hours this year, do you?......

Good News: Fewer hours worked = Fewer Screwups.....
            Last edited by hwoods; 01-10-2007, 12:31 PM.
            Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
            In memory of
            Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
            Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Didn't they take Monday off so a couple Representatives could watch their alma maters play in the BCS game for the chamopionship?Sounds similar to a 747 on the tarmac while the President gets his haircut to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
                You don't really think they'll actually work 100 hours this year, do you?......

Good News: Fewer hours worked = Fewer Screwups.....
                Yeah, but by working fewer hours and having fewer mistakes.......It just means that they will have to make BIGGER mistakes in less time.

As we used to say in the Corps........B O H I C A. And not even any lube. My wallet aches at the prospects of government screwups.
                "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

Its not the QUANTITY of the mistakes that matters, it is the QUALITY.
                  "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by MarcusKspn View Post
                    Its not the QUANTITY of the mistakes that matters, it is the QUALITY.
                    Well,with this many newbies involved thinking that with a majority they are God's own mandate to the country,I'm thinking we're in for some gawdawful screwups in the years to come.

Comment

Yeah; it's going to be fun watching the country pay for putting Pelosi in as Speaker of the House.
                      Remember; she is THIRD in the line of succession. And she isn't about to settle for third.
                      Don't worry; it will be a Republican house in two more years. You'll see.
                      CR
                      Visit www.iacoj.com
                      Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
                      RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefReason View Post
                        Yeah; it's going to be fun watching the country pay for putting Pelosi in as Speaker of the House.
                        Remember; she is THIRD in the line of succession. And she isn't about to settle for third.
                        Don't worry; it will be a Republican house in two more years. You'll see.
                        CR

I hear that if anything happens to Dubya and Cheney,the Secret Service have orders to shoot Pelosi.

Comment

Originally posted by doughesson View Post
                          I hear that if anything happens to Dubya and Cheney,the Secret Service have orders to shoot Pelosi.

We could only be so fortunate, not about "W" that is. But the Dims in my great state voted Byrd in for a record 9 times so I'm not holding my breath that we get control again in two years. One can only hope though.
                          It's a jungle out there. You have to watch out for number 1, but be careful not to step in number 2! - Rodney Dangerfield

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

Comment

I hate Politics. End of Story.
                            FireFighter/EMT
                            Rescue 1

IACOJ
                            FTM-PTB

Comment

Originally posted by doughesson View Post

We couldn't be so lucky as to get rid of her. I'd love to have some words with her and let her know how things really are and how they are not like she sees them.
                              Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
                              Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Originally posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X