Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIREMAN SAM - Show from the UK

hey guys,

FIREMAN SAM is a show that is on SPROUT network on Direct TV on Saturday mornings at 8:35. If you have children (2 - 5 years or so) will love. It is from the UK.

It is a great learning tool. It has taught my daughter alot about fire safety.

Check it out with your children when you have a moment.

You can get the DVD on AMAZON UK.

Adam has had the CD for yonks now.

Likes his Sam he does.

And it is a great teaching tool.

Dad laughs a lot as well.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

My youngest loves Fireman Sam!

Comment

My youngest (4 year old) daughter loves Fireman Sam!

We have Comcast Cable's On-Demand, so she can watch any one of 6-8 episodes, anytime she wants.

Great show!

Kevin
        Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
        IAFF Local 2339
        K of C 4th Degree
        "LEATHER FOREVER"
        Member I.A.C.O.J.
        http://www.tfdfire.com/
        "Fir na tine"

Comment

That's Uncle Sam to you

It's a pity that the creators of Fireman Sam chose to treat the retained Fireman (similar to volunteer to you Yanks) as a bumbling unprofessional imbecile (mind you he was Welsh.. )

I wonder if the creators of the show regularly post under the career Vs. volunteer threads that we keep seeing..

Now if you want a brilliant show with claymation firemen.. Trumpton!! Hugh, Huwe, Barley McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble & Grub. Plus I just received the first 3 seasons of London's Burning on DVD, thank goodness for region free players in the U.S. (I always wish I had a Station Officer like Tate)

Comment

------------------------------
            Last edited by Fawlty; 01-10-2007, 12:24 PM. Reason: Duplicate Post

Comment

Sorry, slow internet
              Last edited by Fawlty; 01-10-2007, 12:24 PM. Reason: Triplicate Post

Comment

Originally posted by Fawlty View Post
                It's a pity that the creators of Fireman Sam chose to treat the retained Fireman (similar to volunteer to you Yanks) as a bumbling unprofessional imbecile (mind you he was Welsh.. )

I wonder if the creators of the show regularly post under the career Vs. volunteer threads that we keep seeing..

Now if you want a brilliant show with claymation firemen.. Trumpton!! Hugh, Huwe, Barley McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble & Grub. Plus I just received the first 3 seasons of London's Burning on DVD, thank goodness for region free players in the U.S. (I always wish I had a Station Officer like Tate)

The creator of Fireman Sam was an LFB Fireman by the name of Dave Gingell, and I believe Trumpton was Hugh Pugh, Barney McGrew. Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub.

Comment

Actually I meant the portrayed retained fireman was Welsh, not the creator - though he may be, not that theres anything wrong with that

As for Hugh, Pugh.. You are most likely right. Even the biggest safety nuts would have nothing to complain about regarding the response speed of the Trumpton Brigade!!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X