No announcement yet.

What is a polecat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres a clue. Its manned by the 'stick bitches'.

Originally posted by firedog21 View Post
    Hey Polecat whats a Loser Cruiser?
    Cheers Firedog21
    I.A.F.F. Proud
    Of course, That would be the ladder,arial,platform,you know, that real long firetruck that hardly moves.

Comment

Well............

Hey Polecat whats a Loser Cruiser?
      Cheers Firedog21
      I.A.F.F. Proud
      East Coast, probably a BLS Ambulance.............
      Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
      In memory of
      Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
      Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Thanks for the info Polecat. See what happens when a Ladder company trys to do an Engines job. A poor Cat gets squished. Pay attention Truckies leave the hoses to the real Firemen. I'm suprised that one of those knuckle draggers couldn't reach in the culvert with thier freekishly long arms, and pull the cat out.

Cheers Firedog21
        I.A.F.F. Proud

Comment

Back here in the "sticks", most of the older generation refers to skunks as polecats. So I actually knew one for a change.
          It's a jungle out there. You have to watch out for number 1, but be careful not to step in number 2! - Rodney Dangerfield

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

Comment

Hometown Hero

Thanks for the info Polecat. See what happens when a Ladder company trys to do an Engines job. A poor Cat gets squished. Pay attention Truckies leave the hoses to the real Firemen. I'm suprised that one of those knuckle draggers couldn't reach in the culvert with thier freekishly long arms, and pull the cat out.

Cheers Firedog21
            I.A.F.F. Proud
            You won't believe this dog. Found out today what actually happened to poor whiskers. Rather then persuading the cat out of the culvert with a little squirt on the backside, the ladder driver operating his pump for the first time in 5 years,inadvertantly delivered 300 p.s.i. The cat was not run over,but lost its life when he struck his head on the mirror of a passing kenworth.

Comment

ooooooooops
              if there's no firetrucks in heaven, i aint going

Comment

Polecat Your freaking killing me here. I'm lmao, you got to be joking right? right?

Cheers Firedog21
                I.A.F.F. Proud

Comment

Flying Furball

" Fish-On "! No bro,this truly happened, My good buddy was the Lieutenant,and gave me the straight goods. Hey,how about that wind storm yesterday. I came back from a call .to find a 100 foot fir tree had crushed a portion of the station. with water ****ing in all over the dorm. Before I got off duty,I overheard an oncoming ladder crew member,whining that his pillow got wet.

Comment

We didn't get the winds too bad here polecat (Campbell River). Got some snow though, and had to cut a woman from her suv when she crashed into a B- train hauling oar. I guess 4 wheel drive doesn't help, if you can't keep your vehicle on your side of the road. To bad about the tree hitting your station. Poor ladder guy might not get a full nights sleep. We must follow the same shift then. I'm C shift, nights tonight and tommorow.

Cheers Firedog21
                    I.A.F.F. Proud

Comment

We were hogging all the wind down here

And now there's a ****load of snow too! OK well maybe not quite a ****load according to the real world, but this IS Victoria after all.

Going to be brutal in the morning, probably need skates to get to work.

Plus they are calling for a wind-chill of -20 freakin' degrees!

Could be worse though, I could be back in Calgary where it's probably closer to -35C or so with the wind!

You guys STAY SAFE!
                      September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                      IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                      Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Doggone!

While hanging out in dispatch the other day, I took a call from a distraught young girl who tearfully described how the family dog lept over a fence while retrieving an errantly thrown frisbee. Unfortunately for the ambitious Akita,he disappeared over a 300' cliff and never returned. I contacted the high angle rescue team, and convinced them to dust off their carbiners and attempt to rescue the poor canine. Sadly the dog succumbed to his injuries,so rather then pack the 175 lb.critter back up the mountain,the would be rescuers convinced the girl, via portable radio,that where they found the pooch would be a fitting ,final resting place,overlooking the mountains and ocean. The family agreed, and with that,the dog was buried under a few boulders. Anyone else have an experience involving the rescue of a beloved pet? I have another tragic one involving a horse,but I think I'll save that for another day, as the 3 cups of coffee and bran muffin I had for breakfast,has my *** cheeks dangerously squeezed together.

Comment

Originally posted by polecat View Post
                          While hanging out in dispatch the other day, I took a call from a distraught young girl who tearfully described how the family dog lept over a fence while retrieving an errantly thrown frisbee. Unfortunately for the ambitious Akita,he disappeared over a 300' cliff and never returned. I contacted the high angle rescue team, and convinced them to dust off their carbiners and attempt to rescue the poor canine. Sadly the dog succumbed to his injuries,so rather then pack the 175 lb.critter back up the mountain,the would be rescuers convinced the girl, via portable radio,that where they found the pooch would be a fitting ,final resting place,overlooking the mountains and ocean. The family agreed, and with that,the dog was buried under a few boulders. Anyone else have an experience involving the rescue of a beloved pet? I have another tragic one involving a horse,but I think I'll save that for another day, as the 3 cups of coffee and bran muffin I had for breakfast,has my *** cheeks dangerously squeezed together.
                          Nice story, polecat .... except for the ending!!!! Wayyyyyyyyyy toooo much info!!!
                          September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                          IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
                          Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader