What is a polecat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a polecat?

First of all,you're probably thinking,what the hell does a polecat have to do with the fire service? Absolutely nothing is right! I picked polecat for a user name after discovering that Sparky and Hoser were taken. I just learned recently what a polecat was,from doing a crossword puzzle. I'll give you a hint. they may be striped or spotted. Of course it's a skunk. All right,enough nonsense. I started this thread with far to much time on my hands,however if you wish to have a dialogue on any subject,except firefighting,call in now,the lines are open.

Hmmmmmmmmm.............

THAT would explain the strong odor when I log on........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

referred to what is a polecat

I knew that one! Did have to look it up to explain it to my husband though....

Comment

Hey!...........

Originally posted by koconnor View Post
        I knew that one! Did have to look it up to explain it to my husband though....
        Shouldn't you be cooking dinner or something?.........
        Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
        In memory of
        Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
        Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

referred to making dinner

Its kinda grab whatever nite, fed the little one, the one thats a little bigger trying to get moving around to eat and the last 2 are working. John-- husbands started his own. Now I know i moved out to the country somewhat, but i do know that polecat nor anyother roadkill is not on the menu.

Comment

Woodman

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
            THAT would explain the strong odor when I log on........
            I like your style,short and sweet. Thanks for getting the ball rolling,I had my doubts that anyone would respond. I'm going to put you on my buddy list. I thought a skunk was a fitting name, it kind of sums up my moose hunting trip this year. BCNU bro.

Comment

i always thought a polecat was a stripper...

Comment

"Incoming"!

Originally posted by KBRfiredog View Post
                i always thought a polecat was a stripper...
                My man, You're back safe,thank god. I thought a polecat was just a regular cat that spent time on poles,because i once saw a cat up a tree and its kinda like a pole. Please check in when you can so we know you're safe o.k. bro. Have a good day or night,whatever the hell it is in baghdad. Speaking of which,when i have a probie ask me how long i've been a fireman,I tell him ,"I was fighting fires in bagdhad,when you were in dadsbag. you can use that line if you like.Keep the sand out of shorts bro.

Comment

Pole cat?
                  Attached Files
                  Be safe y'all!
                  IACOJ Animal Control
                  Ladder 8
                  "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Comment

Trust the Animal Control Expert to find a cat in a "tree" picture. LOL

AND since you asked..... ya, skunk works... or weasle depending on your "bend in life", I guess..... Or if you speak English or some foreign language heeheheheehee
                    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladder8 View Post
                      Pole cat?
                      Great pic. bro, We had a call last year for a cat stuck in a culvert. Normally we wouldn't respond,but the dispatcher loves cats so he sent the loser cruiser to render assistance. A plan was formulated to stick an 1 1/2' line in the pipe to flush him out. It worked perfectly,but unfortunately the frisky feline eluded its owner when emerging and was instantly flattened by a passing motorist. true story.

Comment

Originally posted by polecat View Post
                        My man, You're back safe,thank god. I thought a polecat was just a regular cat that spent time on poles,because i once saw a cat up a tree and its kinda like a pole. Please check in when you can so we know you're safe o.k. bro. Have a good day or night,whatever the hell it is in baghdad. Speaking of which,when i have a probie ask me how long i've been a fireman,I tell him ,"I was fighting fires in bagdhad,when you were in dadsbag. you can use that line if you like.Keep the sand out of shorts bro.

yeah i usually get on here every day i work, which is 48 on 24 off so im on here quite a bit. haha i like that line you give the probies. im gonna have to hold on to it for a few years though. im the youngest guy out here so i dont think that line would work on anyone just yet. who were you out here with?

Comment

Hey Polecat whats a Loser Cruiser?
                          Cheers Firedog21
                          I.A.F.F. Proud

Comment

Big Bag Daddy

Never been to Baghdad before. maybe i shouldn't use that line anymore? When you coming back bro and which depts. are you applying to?

Comment

Originally posted by polecat View Post
                              Never been to Baghdad before. maybe i shouldn't use that line anymore? When you coming back bro and which depts. are you applying to?

i got here 2 months ago. i wanna do 3 years out here then im gonna test for the Waltham FD. its a city about 8 miles NW of Boston, MA. my dad's been with them for 22 years so i kind of grew up around the department. haha go ahead and use the line, its a good one.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X