Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SO during my vacation.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SO during my vacation.....

    I had a little ephiony while I was home in the land of sun and fun....Fla

    I really miss being an actual Firefighter

    My shirt may say
    AJ Zuccarelli
    FF/EMT-D
    But I am really just the EMT part
    I am so over riding the box.....it can be really fun, but not too often
    and that is all I do up here
    So for all of those who are complain about splitting time between the box and Engine or Truck...consider yourself lucky
    I would give just about anything to get on an Engine or Truck again.....

    just ranting a little bit
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

  • #2
    Originally posted by BLSboy View Post
    I had a little ephiony while I was home in the land of sun and fun....Fla

    I really miss being an actual Firefighter

    My shirt may say
    AJ Zuccarelli
    FF/EMT-D
    But I am really just the EMT part
    I am so over riding the box.....it can be really fun, but not too often
    and that is all I do up here
    So for all of those who are complain about splitting time between the box and Engine or Truck...consider yourself lucky
    I would give just about anything to get on an Engine or Truck again.....

    just ranting a little bit

    so then quit. You knew the job coming into it, so if you don't like it, then just leave and let someone who enjoys what they do take your place.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ShuckingGome View Post
      so then quit. You knew the job coming into it, so if you don't like it, then just leave and let someone who enjoys what they do take your place.
      Alot of people get trapped into ems as a means to get into FF'ing. I don't really know any firemen who enjoy ems - should we all quit??? He's just bitching about the albatross we all seem to have to bear at times. No harm in that and most would agree with him.
      I am a complacent liability to the fire service

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ChicagoFF View Post
        Alot of people get trapped into ems as a means to get into FF'ing. I don't really know any firemen who enjoy ems - should we all quit??? He's just bitching about the albatross we all seem to have to bear at times. No harm in that and most would agree with him.
        I'll second this, I enjoy EMS..I have a great partner right now and that makes it easier to deal with a toothache at 4am. But honestly..the greatest trauma, can never, and will never compare to rolling out of bed at o'dark thirty to go run a good job.
        'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

        www.vententersearch.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Riding the box, as much "fun", as it can be, is not what I LOVE.
          I like it, but not love it.
          So to those who love it, good for you...I plan on moving up to being on a Truck, an I was expressing that. Relax dude, did you not get what you wanted for Christmas?
          AJ, MICP, FireMedic
          Member, IACOJ.
          FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
          This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

          Comment


          • #6
            I hear ya BLSboy. Been "riding car" since I moved here - and thats a VERY new thing for me. Always rode the Engine until I got made up to drive it. I miss the Panel work too.

            We ran a "Owww my leg hurts" call at 230am a few days ago. I was riding with the Medics, and the BLS car from another stn pulls in. The first thing the BLS OIC asks the pt is "When did this start to hurt?" {"About 3 or 4 days ago."} "Have you called or seen your Dr about it?" {"No."}

            I was standing behind the OIC (and I have never met the man before) and I could feel his eyes rolling when the pt answerd "No". LOL The BLS Boys did the tpt and us ALS guys went back to bed.

            That night the Engine crew didn't turn a wheel after 10pm when they came back from the 2 alarm fire that we all got to play at.
            If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

            "I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

            "Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

            Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

            impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

            IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

            Comment


            • #7
              I just so happen to do Career EMS in a city where there has been a LOT of fire lately, and volunteer Firefight where there is NOT, so it kinda sucks. Oh well, one of these days I will get on a Truck, or even an Engine would be nice
              AJ, MICP, FireMedic
              Member, IACOJ.
              FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
              This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hey!..........

                It's the length of the Commute. ACNJ is a lot closer to PG County, Md. than Florida. Fight Fire here on your days off........ Call for Directions......
                Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
                In memory of
                Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
                Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

                IACOJ Budget Analyst

                I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

                www.gdvfd18.com

                Comment

                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                Collapse

                Upper 300x250

                Collapse

                Taboola

                Collapse

                Leader

                Collapse
                Working...
                X