other hobbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other hobbies

I'm just curious what other hobbies beside ems and fire that ya'll have.

mine are horses, crochet, needlepoint, and reading
    if there's no firetrucks in heaven, i aint going

Fire and EMS isn't my "hobby"... it's my profession.

To answer your question.....
    Cars, detailing, photography, flying, free lance writing/reporting, beer afficionado, collecting fire memorabilia.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
      Fire and EMS isn't my "hobby"... it's my profession.
      Amen to that Chief. In my spare time I like to ride motorcycles, read, play guitar and exercise.

Comment

My hobby is my name......my restored 1958 FWD Pumper. My sons (3 and 2) are getting into it also!

I also dabble in Aviation- especially helicopters.......I like to cook, I enjoy a good book (Reading Stephen King "From a Buick 8" right now)

Home Repair, when I am in a good mood and things are going right.

Bettering myself as a father and a husband..........
        "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

NASCAR and Country music, just starting to learn how to play guitar
          Firefighter for Vestal 32-2

American Red Cross Volunteer

Comment

.........Writing, Reading, Swimming, Camping, Hiking, Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Water Polo, Paintball, handiwork(anything and everything), Snowplowing, some Graphic Design, photography, fire buffing, collecting fire memorabilia (esp. shirts, but anything firefighting), working out, alot of time is spent doing homework and studying...not that I enjoy it, ummmm I think that's it.
            Last edited by backsteprescue; 12-31-2006, 07:11 PM.
            ------------------------------------
            These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
            ------------------------------------

Comment

investigatin' the unknown... and photography..

Comment

Hockey,Rugby,Golf,Puttin A Few Cold Ones Back and taking in the odd movie
                If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Comment

Working on my cabin, beer, anything outdoors, beer, throwing money at old tractors, beer, and teaching my twins as much as I can (without so much beer-makes me fall off things)
                  My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
                  "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                  George Mason
                  Co-author of the Second Amendment
                  during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
                  Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

Originally posted by SPFDRum View Post
                    Working on my cabin, beer, anything outdoors, beer, throwing money at old tractors, beer, and teaching my twins as much as I can (without so much beer-makes me fall off things)
                    We share similar interests (I have 10 year old twins and I love beer).

In my limited free time, I read, bicycle, and am the computer geek for friends and family.
                    -------------------
                    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
                    -----------------------------------------------
                    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Comment

Hobbies

My hobby is mainly photography: Wildlife (Elk, deer, raptors, ect), astro (Stars at night), and action (Rodeo, Nascar West series).

Comment

Last edited by emsff32515; 03-12-2008, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Gold dredging, numismatics(coin collecting) and studying military history.

Comment

Golf (poorly), trout fishing (pretty good I must say), travel (the wife and I love Nashville (been the last 3 years.)
                            "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
                            - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Comment

Golf, Beer, Boating, cars, shooting, Installing Emergency lighting and audio systems in cars.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X