Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Ya, that kinda crossed my mind too. I wonder how many security guards he "hired" just to make sure?

Leave a comment:

• Lewiston2Capt
    replied
    Originally posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Dec 29, 7:12 AM EST

Man Proposes in 'Objects of Desire' Room

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- When J.D. Fuller decided to exhibit his love for Lucy Baxter Nichols, he chose the Museum of Arts and Sciences.

The 22-year-old college student placed an engagement ring and a card on a pedestal in the "Objects of Desire" exhibit room.

When Nichols, 21, toured the exhibit, she spotted the ring. She then spotted Fuller coming out of a nearby room and screamed with joy, racing toward him and jumping into his arms.

Fuller got on his knees and asked Nichols to marry her.

"Yes," she answered.

Fuller traveled from Cincinnati, Ohio, to Daytona Beach on Wednesday to fulfill the elaborate plan.

"I guess I love her that much," he told The Daytona Beach News-Journal. "I didn't want to do it normal. I wanted to go to great lengths to show her my love."

© 2006 The Associated Press.

This dumb*** is lucky someone else didnt walk off with the ring. Boy would he have felt stupid then. Its ok I'm only a little bitter.

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    All these posts about romantic places to propose can lead only to bad hings happening.
    "Well,Sherry's fiancee proposed to her in the Metropolitan Art Museum while YOU just proposed to me in my parent's living room.I guess Tony loves HER more than YOU love ME!"
    And for the record,my marriage proposal to my now ex was more of the "Hey,ya wanna get married while the kids are at school tomorrow?variety.NOT,"You're WHAT?!"

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    A few years back,up in Paducah Ky,this guy who owned a car repair business proposed using the business' sign out front to his girlfriend who worked across the street in a bank.
    Her friends talked her into setting up signs in the window replying "No",which kind of made me wonder what would have happened if he took that as a sign to move one and she couldn't figure out why.
    (They did get married,since the new stations picked up the story so I guess it worked out)
    Now,on to our subject:Are we sure that the proposal was properly spelled?You know what Jeff Foxworthy says about misspellings in Christmas lights.

Leave a comment:

• martinm
    replied
    Rick, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

A story in a magazine over here this week told of the wife who found out her husband was "playing away". She spent £2000 on hiring a 40ft advertising billboard on the side of the route he took to work, informing him that she knew all about it....

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Dec 29, 7:12 AM EST

Man Proposes in 'Objects of Desire' Room

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- When J.D. Fuller decided to exhibit his love for Lucy Baxter Nichols, he chose the Museum of Arts and Sciences.

The 22-year-old college student placed an engagement ring and a card on a pedestal in the "Objects of Desire" exhibit room.

When Nichols, 21, toured the exhibit, she spotted the ring. She then spotted Fuller coming out of a nearby room and screamed with joy, racing toward him and jumping into his arms.

Fuller got on his knees and asked Nichols to marry her.

"Yes," she answered.

Fuller traveled from Cincinnati, Ohio, to Daytona Beach on Wednesday to fulfill the elaborate plan.

"I guess I love her that much," he told The Daytona Beach News-Journal. "I didn't want to do it normal. I wanted to go to great lengths to show her my love."

© 2006 The Associated Press.

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Originally posted by StayBack500FT View Post
    OOooohhhhh Two-Seeeevvveeeeennn!!!!!

***pokes him with a stick***
    OUCH!!!! OUCH!!! Dang it Stayback would you put that thing away, the neighbours are watching!

Good to see you Old Friend. Hope you had an awesome Christmas with da kids and da wife too of course. And a wish for a GREAT and wonderful New Year to you and the Family too.

Leave a comment:

• FlyingKiwi
    replied
    No No No.

Nervous sheep are a sure sign of bad weather approaching.

Or Aussie tourists.

Leave a comment:

• fireman4949
    replied
    Originally posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Stayback

I just looked out the window, the sky is still blue, the neighbours houses are where they left them, and the hills are covered in sheep.

So I guess Kiwi Land is doing ok for another day.
    ...But the sheep are still nervous!

Leave a comment:

• FlyingKiwi
    replied
    Stayback

I just looked out the window, the sky is still blue, the neighbours houses are where they left them, and the hills are covered in sheep.

So I guess Kiwi Land is doing ok for another day.

Leave a comment:

• superchef
    replied
    Originally posted by OlieCan View Post
    My cousin worked out a deal at Medievil Times to propose to his (now) wife.

He left to go to the bathroom, and she got called to be the "maid of honor thing" he then came riding in on a white horse and proposed to her.
    Now that is romantic. (insert deep sigh here ...............)

I've given up on romance. I am glad to see it is still alive and well somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• StayBack500FT
    replied
    Things are well...it's good to...um..."see" you all again!!

Leave a comment:

• fflynn17
    replied
    I had been thinking about resurrecting the "Where's Stayback" thread!!

Good to see you!!

How is every little thing?

Leave a comment:

• StayBack500FT
    replied
    OOooohhhhh Two-Seeeevvveeeeennn!!!!!

***pokes him with a stick***

Leave a comment:

• StayBack500FT
    replied
    Sher - Is it taking credit...or shouldering the blame???

Kiwi - TY!! How are things down under? (and I'm not referring to your most recent check-up... )

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X