Never Fear...the TSA is Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Fear...the TSA is Here!

Ok, I have to credit someone on a Information Security board for this find...

It all began innocently enough mocking the TSA's latest regulations regarding snow globes and monkeys (including the line that the TSOs are trained to not touch your monkey without permission...)

And one of the geeks clicked on the link to Railroad Security below it...

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/rail/index.shtm

Go there, and at least take a look at the photo before you scroll down for the punchline...

The train pictured on the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, Railroad Security page...

Is a German InterCity Express high speed train. While they do travel at 250km, I do believe there's a gap of about 10,000 kilometers between where their tracks stop and the TSA's jurisdiction begins...

I think they are trying to pass it off as the Acela train. The look is similar.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Oh, I'm sure that was the idea Deputy...

Just a slight color scheme change, and for those so color blind that blue & red look the same, there's the matter of the (red) stripe v. (big @ss blue) acela logo:

http://www.mdrails.com/images/amtrak_acela_2013.jpg

It's still embarrassing at the least, but frankly more sadly ironic that DHS / TSA are so disorganized that they use a picture of a train from Europe while talking about how they're protecting America's rails.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalmatian190 View Post
        It's still embarrassing at the least, but frankly more sadly ironic that DHS / TSA are so disorganized that they use a picture of a train from Europe while talking about how they're protecting America's rails.
        Maybe they're just planning ahead for when Europe is the 52nd state?

My bet is that it was an IT intern who was given the project and needed a picture of an Acela train. 30 second search on google images.. viola.
        So you call this your free country
        Tell me why it costs so much to live
        -3dd

Comment

Thanks for the post

Santa is bringing Adam heaps more Thomas the Tank Engine stuff tommorow, so I can now give him his Safety and Security Briefing before play commences.
          Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
          Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

looks like the Accela HHP
            FF I
            FF II
            Hazmat Operations
            EMT-B
            ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X