Badass Patrol Cars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badass Patrol Cars!

The Iowa State Patrol is in the process of field testing 12 Dodge Chargers as patrol cars.

See the article in the Des Moines Register below:
    http://www.dmregister.com/apps/pbcs....612230330/1001

Yes, they have HEMIs!
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Live Green, Go Yellow!

Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

Comment

Originally posted by E229Lt View Post

I stand corrected...but there's nothing like good old American Muscle!!
      Jack of all trades, master of none.

Live Green, Go Yellow!

Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

Comment

Originally posted by medicmaster View Post
        I stand corrected...but there's nothing like good old American Muscle!!
        If given the choice between the Lamborghini Gallardo or a Dodge Charger for a patrol car, give me the raging bull over the ram anyday.

Artie.. wouldn't the Lambo in red make a fitting vehicle for a Deputy Chief?
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
          If given the choice between the Lamborghini Gallardo or a Dodge Charger for a patrol car, give me the raging bull over the ram anyday.

Artie.. wouldn't the Lambo in red make a fitting vehicle for a Deputy Chief?
          Only if I'm your aide

Comment

Originally posted by E229Lt View Post
            Only if I'm your aide
            Agreed! Now to convince "her Honor the Mayor" to pony up with the $180K to get the Gallardo. LOL
            ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
            Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by medicmaster View Post
              The Iowa State Patrol is in the process of field testing 12 Dodge Chargers as patrol cars.

See the article in the Des Moines Register below:
              http://www.dmregister.com/apps/pbcs....612230330/1001

Yes, they have HEMIs!
              yup, i know mass. state police has a few and other departments in the area are picking up on them, from what i've heard is that since ford discontinued the production of the crown vics departments are looking for other choices, and the chargers are a fairly reasonable rear wheel drive option, compared to the chevy impalas where they would have to retrain officers b/c it's a different course with front wheel drive patrol cars

Comment

Originally posted by Steeda83 View Post
                yup, i know mass. state police has a few and other departments in the area are picking up on them, from what i've heard is that since ford discontinued the production of the crown vics departments are looking for other choices, and the chargers are a fairly reasonable rear wheel drive option, compared to the chevy impalas where they would have to retrain officers b/c it's a different course with front wheel drive patrol cars
                Ford hasn't totally discontinued the CV....

It will go into "Fleet Vehicle" status... PD's should still be able to get them.
                Originally posted by ThNozzleMan
                Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
                FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Comment

You can keep your 5 litre gas guzzling Impala's and Crown Victorias....

I'll have one of our 3 litre Diesel Twin Turbo Patrol Cars all day long...and see you in the mirror!!!!

But if you want to do Petrol....

Steve Dude
                  IACOJ member
                  www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Res343cue View Post

It will go into "Fleet Vehicle" status... PD's should still be able to get them.

MHQ is a major dealer of Dodge and Ford police/fire/municipal vehilces. One of their facilities is right here in Marlborough.

They just equipped a fleet of Ford Mustang GT's for use on the Massachusetts Turnpike... totally unmarked, total stealth machines!

The front blue lights are blue strobes incorporated into the fog lights.
                    The rear blues are small strobes units mounted in the rear window shelf area.
                    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by Res343cue View Post

any idea why the move away from the crown vics then? just curious because most of the cities and towns here in rhode island are switching or talking about it

Comment

Mass. State PD Dodge Charger from policecararchives.org

http://images18.fotki.com/v86/photos...pca6144-vi.jpg

and one of the unmarked mustangs CaptainGonzo was speaking of

http://images8.fotki.com/v132/photos...pca1723-vi.jpg

Comment

Thats not a French Police car! Thats a picture from Italy, go subscribe to Autoweek, it was in their about 2 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveDude View Post
                            You can keep your 5 litre gas guzzling Impala's and Crown Victorias....

I'll have one of our 3 litre Diesel Twin Turbo Patrol Cars all day long...and see you in the mirror!!!!

oh yeah id definitely give up an impala or cv for one of these bad boys...
                            Attached Files

Comment

We got Dodge.

Arkansas State Police E-Troop (Pine Bluff)
                              Attached Files

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X