Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Badass Patrol Cars!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Badass Patrol Cars!

    The Iowa State Patrol is in the process of field testing 12 Dodge Chargers as patrol cars.

    See the article in the Des Moines Register below:
    http://www.dmregister.com/apps/pbcs....612230330/1001

    Yes, they have HEMIs!
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

    Live Green, Go Yellow!

    Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

  • #2

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by E229Lt View Post

      I stand corrected...but there's nothing like good old American Muscle!!
      Jack of all trades, master of none.

      Live Green, Go Yellow!

      Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by medicmaster View Post
        I stand corrected...but there's nothing like good old American Muscle!!
        If given the choice between the Lamborghini Gallardo or a Dodge Charger for a patrol car, give me the raging bull over the ram anyday.

        Artie.. wouldn't the Lambo in red make a fitting vehicle for a Deputy Chief?
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
          If given the choice between the Lamborghini Gallardo or a Dodge Charger for a patrol car, give me the raging bull over the ram anyday.

          Artie.. wouldn't the Lambo in red make a fitting vehicle for a Deputy Chief?
          Only if I'm your aide

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by E229Lt View Post
            Only if I'm your aide
            Agreed! Now to convince "her Honor the Mayor" to pony up with the $180K to get the Gallardo. LOL
            ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
            Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by medicmaster View Post
              The Iowa State Patrol is in the process of field testing 12 Dodge Chargers as patrol cars.

              See the article in the Des Moines Register below:
              http://www.dmregister.com/apps/pbcs....612230330/1001

              Yes, they have HEMIs!
              yup, i know mass. state police has a few and other departments in the area are picking up on them, from what i've heard is that since ford discontinued the production of the crown vics departments are looking for other choices, and the chargers are a fairly reasonable rear wheel drive option, compared to the chevy impalas where they would have to retrain officers b/c it's a different course with front wheel drive patrol cars

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Steeda83 View Post
                yup, i know mass. state police has a few and other departments in the area are picking up on them, from what i've heard is that since ford discontinued the production of the crown vics departments are looking for other choices, and the chargers are a fairly reasonable rear wheel drive option, compared to the chevy impalas where they would have to retrain officers b/c it's a different course with front wheel drive patrol cars
                Ford hasn't totally discontinued the CV....

                It will go into "Fleet Vehicle" status... PD's should still be able to get them.
                Originally posted by ThNozzleMan
                Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

                I A C O J
                FTM-PTB


                Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

                Comment


                • #9
                  You can keep your 5 litre gas guzzling Impala's and Crown Victorias....

                  I'll have one of our 3 litre Diesel Twin Turbo Patrol Cars all day long...and see you in the mirror!!!!





                  But if you want to do Petrol....

                  Steve Dude
                  IACOJ member
                  www.fireservice.co.uk

                  London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"


                  'Irony'... It's a British thing.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Res343cue View Post
                    Ford hasn't totally discontinued the CV....

                    It will go into "Fleet Vehicle" status... PD's should still be able to get them.

                    MHQ is a major dealer of Dodge and Ford police/fire/municipal vehilces. One of their facilities is right here in Marlborough.

                    They just equipped a fleet of Ford Mustang GT's for use on the Massachusetts Turnpike... totally unmarked, total stealth machines!

                    The front blue lights are blue strobes incorporated into the fog lights.
                    The rear blues are small strobes units mounted in the rear window shelf area.
                    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Res343cue View Post
                      Ford hasn't totally discontinued the CV....

                      It will go into "Fleet Vehicle" status... PD's should still be able to get them.
                      any idea why the move away from the crown vics then? just curious because most of the cities and towns here in rhode island are switching or talking about it

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mass. State PD Dodge Charger from policecararchives.org

                        http://images18.fotki.com/v86/photos...pca6144-vi.jpg

                        and one of the unmarked mustangs CaptainGonzo was speaking of

                        http://images8.fotki.com/v132/photos...pca1723-vi.jpg

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thats not a French Police car! Thats a picture from Italy, go subscribe to Autoweek, it was in their about 2 months ago.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SteveDude View Post
                            You can keep your 5 litre gas guzzling Impala's and Crown Victorias....

                            I'll have one of our 3 litre Diesel Twin Turbo Patrol Cars all day long...and see you in the mirror!!!!

                            oh yeah id definitely give up an impala or cv for one of these bad boys...
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              We got Dodge.

                              Arkansas State Police E-Troop (Pine Bluff)
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X