The truth is often stranger than fiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth is often stranger than fiction

Courstesy of one of the daily papers over here....

I arrest you in the name of the Claus

A mother had her 12 year old son arrested for theftafter he opened his Christmas present 3 weeks early.

Brandi Ervin called police after finding the boy had repeatedly taken the Nintendo Game Boy from this hiding place at this great-grandmothers house and played with it.

Officers in Columbia, South Carolina, handcuffed the youngster and took him to the police station on petty larceny charges. Ervin, who picked her son up from the station after church said, "He's being going through life doing things and getting away with it. I'd rather call the police myself than someone else call them for him doing somehting worse than this".

She said her son had attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and was suspended from school last month for trying to hit a police officer there.

Juvenile justice officials will decide what happens to him.

Jet is forced down by wind

A plane was forced to make an emergency landing after a woman passenger lit matches to disguise the scent of flatulence.

The Dallas bound American Airlines jet was diverted to Nashville after several passengers reported smelling burning sulphur.

All 99 passengers on board were taken off the plane and screened while the plane was searched and luggage screened.

The FBI questioned a passenger who admitted striking the matches in an attempt to conceal a "body odour", said Lynne Lowrance of Nashville International Airport. The woman was said to suffer from an unspecified medical condition.

The flight took off again but the unidentified woamn was not allowed back aboard. She was not charged in connection with the incident.
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Oh my

What is going on in today's society! People are crazy..

Comment

Hehe.

Talk about shot down in flames.
      Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
      Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Well that's the end result of "it takes a village to raise a child"; they are baby sat all day in school and now they are being disciplined by the PD. Won't be long and the parents, yes plural, as in 2, will be completely eliminated.
        PS correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a program like this back in facist Germany?
        My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
        "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
        George Mason
        Co-author of the Second Amendment
        during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
        Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

Aren't both these stories already posted?

@ martin

September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
          IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
          Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader