Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New use for TIC

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New use for TIC

    http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2...red_camera.wmv
    You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

  • #2
    haha, gross.
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

    Comment


    • #3
      Question--assuming the gas is in the body and therefore at 98.7 degrees F, wouldn't it come out white (showing heat)? I'm thinking he's got a can in his left hand spraying it.

      However, I know of some guys that will be willing to try to see if it really works!

      Comment


      • #4
        assuming the gas is in the body and therefore at 98.7 degrees F, wouldn't it come out white (showing heat)? I'm thinking he's got a can in his left hand spraying it.
        True. But that takes the fun out of it.
        "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

        Comment


        • #5
          Nice going.The library just started allowing drinks in the place again and I sprayed my coke all over the screen watching that.Thanks for getting me bounced again.
          We used to use the TIC during parades for a more mature purpose:seeing whose were real and which ones were silicone.
          There is a discernable heat differential(boy,that's hard to spell)between the implants and the body's normal temperature.Gone are the days of wondering if you're admiring a hopefully legal woman or a couple bags of saline.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Catch22
            Question--assuming the gas is in the body and therefore at 98.7 degrees F, wouldn't it come out white (showing heat)? I'm thinking he's got a can in his left hand spraying it.

            However, I know of some guys that will be willing to try to see if it really works!

            The second shot does kind of look like an exhaust pipe after goosing the motor.

            Comment


            • #7
              You're kidding! Right?
              If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

              "I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

              "Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

              Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

              impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

              IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by doughesson
                Nice going.The library just started allowing drinks in the place again and I sprayed my coke all over the screen watching that.Thanks for getting me bounced again.
                We used to use the TIC during parades for a more mature purpose:seeing whose were real and which ones were silicone.
                There is a discernable heat differential(boy,that's hard to spell)between the implants and the body's normal temperature.Gone are the days of wondering if you're admiring a hopefully legal woman or a couple bags of saline.
                You just gave me a new project.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Catch22
                  You just gave me a new project.
                  It does sometimes concern people that think we are taking their picture and for some reason concentrating only on the women.Like Hunter S.Thompson said in"Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas","This is not the town to go pointing something that looks like a bazooka out the back window of a two door sedan."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That second bomb looked like a 4 alarmer.....LMAO...
                    You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The speed limit in front of the station is 25MPH. It's always fun to park the duty officer's vehicle on the front apron, and stand there with the TIC and pointing it at cars as they go by and watch the break lights come on!!
                      A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        tic

                        Originally posted by doughesson
                        Nice going.The library just started allowing drinks in the place again and I sprayed my coke all over the screen watching that.Thanks for getting me bounced again.
                        We used to use the TIC during parades for a more mature purpose:seeing whose were real and which ones were silicone.
                        There is a discernable heat differential(boy,that's hard to spell)between the implants and the body's normal temperature.Gone are the days of wondering if you're admiring a hopefully legal woman or a couple bags of saline.

                        That puts an entire new use to the TIC acronym. Ti*** Imaging Camera!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Black = Cold.

                          Discharging a spray can (maybe the dust can for computers) decreases the pressure of the gas.

                          Decrease in Pressure = Decrease in Temperature.

                          Thats my theory in physics for today.

                          My head hurts.
                          "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MarcusKspn
                            Black = Cold.

                            Discharging a spray can (maybe the dust can for computers) decreases the pressure of the gas.

                            Decrease in Pressure = Decrease in Temperature.

                            Thats my theory in physics for today.

                            My head hurts.
                            Actually, decompression is endothermic...meaning it absorbs heat. It cools the container, not the gas.

                            Ruling out some bizarre emissivity issue, the reality is that a TI will not see gases unless: (1) they have an extreme temperature or (2) they have dense particulate matter.

                            We know the first doesn't apply; we hope the second doesn't apply...which means that the video is the product of a creative digitial enhancement.
                            My comments are sometimes educated, sometimes informed and sometimes just blowing smoke...but they are always mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon anyone else (especially my employer).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by firemanjb
                              Actually, decompression is endothermic...meaning it absorbs heat. It cools the container, not the gas.

                              Ruling out some bizarre emissivity issue, the reality is that a TI will not see gases unless: (1) they have an extreme temperature or (2) they have dense particulate matter.

                              We know the first doesn't apply; we hope the second doesn't apply...which means that the video is the product of a creative digitial enhancement.
                              Now you went and ruined all of the fun.

                              I know that that if the camera can be tuned to the thermal absorbtion band of the gas in question it could be seen in theory. But that probably is not the case here. And I found your statements rather amusing.
                              Shawn M. Cecula
                              Firefighter
                              IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X