Egads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egads!

There are elements of this story I think that scare me....

Child Arrested After Opening Holiday Gift Early

POSTED: 12:26 pm EST December 5, 2006

What is the penalty for opening your Christmas presents too early?

For one South Carolina 12-year-old, the penalty was arrest.

A Rock Hill, S.C., woman called police and asked them to arrest her son who opened a Christmas present early after being told not to, the Rock Hill Herald reported. Police went to the house and arrested the boy and charged him with petty larceny.

The paper reported that the boy's great-grandmother had specifically told him not to open his present, which contained a Nintendo Game Boy Advance. It was wrapped and lying under the Christmas tree, the police report stated.

But on Sunday morning, the gift was unwrapped and the box was empty. So when the boy's mother found out, she alerted police, the paper reported.

"He took it without permission. He wanted it. He just took it," said the 63-year-old great-grandmother told the Herald.

The women said that the boy lied to them at first, saying he was unaware of where the video game system was. After threat of calling the police, the boy apparently gave the toy back to his mother, the paper reported. But the upset mother called police anyway.

Two officers responded and charged the child as a juvenile with petty larceny, although he was not jailed.

The mother told the Herald that she didn't know what else to do with her son, so she called police. The paper reported she is a single mother and has been struggling with constant behavior problems from the boy. She said her son still showed no remorse when the police came.

"I'm trying to get him some kind of help," the 27-year-old mother told the paper. "He's the type of kid who doesn't believe anything until it happens."

She said he has shoplifted, stolen money from her, punched a police officer and is nearing expulsion from school. She told the paper that she hopes this arrest will be a wake-up call for her son, because she worries about getting a call someday telling her he's been killed.

The mother plans to have her son placed with the state Department of Juvenile Justice in Columbia at his court appearance, the Herald reported.

www.nbc4.com/holidays/10467838/detail.html

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Awesome.

If hes such a brat, why even give him presents? Give that little a-hole come coal.
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

Comment

The kid needs a little time in boot camp or at the very least a good hand planted firmly on the buttocks.

Comment

I'm sure the mother has done a sterling job raising him too. After all, she showed such good judgement having a baby at 15.
        I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

I'm sure the mother has done a sterling job raising him too. After all, she showed such good judgement having a baby at 15.
          Well said. That was my thought as well.

Comment

Is this really a police matter? They're police, not parents. But a family with a 63 yo great grand mother is a little shallow in the pool.

Comment

Actually I have a friend who used to provide daycare to a 9yom with ADHD and Tourrettes, and his 5yo brother. On my way home on a particular day, I tried to call my friend and only got as far as "I'll call you back in a while". Three hours later I still hadn't heard back, and repeated attempts to reach her resulted in voicemail.

The end of the story is that she was dealing with a "domestic" with the 9yo. He threatened her with scissors and a steak knife. (good thing she didnt tell this at the time) Then he locked himself in his room and really tossed a tantrum. The only way she got him to calm down was when she 911'd his [email protected]@ and the attending cops threatened to put him in cuffs. She quit shortly after that.

Not trying to defend the Mother in the earlier story, but sometimes ya gotta do whatchya gotta do.
              If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
                Not trying to defend the Mother in the earlier story, but sometimes ya gotta do whatchya gotta do.
                But it starts from the day they are born. You raise them properly from day 1, you can't slack up, you can't let it go. You do it.

If you do the math out, this family here has had children all before the age of 18. Pretty sad state of affairs our society is getting to.

Of course the open minded, bleeding hearts in society think that it is just fine.
                "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

And you have no argument on those points from me.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X