VA Trooper death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Trooper death

It doesn't look like this has been addressed yet. I haven't been online in awhile, so the local news doesn't have the complete story anymore. The top is what I got from the news in my words and the bottom is from a local news website.

Friday November 24, 2006 Virginia State Trooper Robert Hill had a routine traffic stop in Southampton County, while he was giving a ticket to the stopped motorist, a 84-year-old man veered off the road and hit Trooper Hill, the stopped car and then a tree. Hill was pronounced dead at the scene. The 84-year-old man was flown to a Norfolk hospital with unknown injuries and the driver of the stopped car went by ambulance to a local facilty for treatment.

Virginia State Trooper laid to rest in Franklin

From NBC12 News

A Virginia State Trooper killed in the line of duty was laid to rest yesterday. Funeral services for Senior Trooper Robert Hill were held yesterday afternoon in Franklin. Colleagues, friends and family filled the church. Governor Kaine was also in attendance. Trooper Hill was writing a ticket along Route 58 in Southampton County on Friday when another car struck him. He was a 19-year veteran of the department.
    Lieutenant/EMT-B

VSFFA Member

"I'm a CCEMT-B."

"Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off."

"A lack of effort will always lead to failure."

My Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Rest In Peace Brother Hill.
    FOR HE WHO SERVES HIS FELLOWS IS OF ALL HIS FELLOWS GREATEST

IACOJ

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse