Now THAT'S class!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now THAT'S class!

Did anyone watch the Skins Game this weekend? The best part of American Thanksgiving

They started out the show with a nice tribute to the Esperanza firefighters who lost their lives in Cabazon.

Freddy is easily my most favourite player in the PGA and has been for 20 years He has also long been a friend to the fire service; this isn't the first time he has donated to firefighters. Nice to see John Daly also taking an interest and donate as well.

http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbc...PDATE/61124027

by Larry Bohannan
    The Desert Sun
    November 24, 2006

ESPERANZA DONATION: All four LG Skins Game players donate 20 percent of their earnings to a designated charity. For Fred Couples, the charity is one that has significant local meaning. Couples, a part-time La Quinta resident, has selected the Esperanza Firefighters Assistance Fund for his earnings this week, a charity designed to help the families of the five firefighters killed fighting the Esperanza fire in Cabazon and the San Jacinto Mountains last month. Fred Funk chose the Rescue Me Ministries of Jacksonville, Fla., while Daly will donate to the John Daly Charitable Foundation. Stephen Ames said he hadn’t thought about which charity will get his money, but he is listed as giving his share to the Stephen Ames Foundation based in Vancouver, Canada.

MORE FIREFIGHTER DONATIONS: John Daly held an event at the Norman Course at PGA West Friday afternoon in conjunction with the introduction of a new golf ball from TaylorMade. As part of the event, Daly had a barbecue dinner with firefighters from the PGA West Fire Station. Daly also revealed a $5,000 donation to the Esperanza Firefighters as well as a donation to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation.

POPULAR PLACE: Fred Funk, Fred Couples and John Daly have been in town all week, and they seem to have been following each other’s tracks. All three said they played at The Palms Golf Club in La Quinta, where Couples was a consultant on the design and where he plays most of his golf in the desert. All three also said they had played a round at The Madison Club, the new Tom Fazio design just a few minutes from Trilogy in La Quinta which opened last week. Couples owns property at The Madison Club, and all three players said how much they liked the new course.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Giving to charity has always been worthwhile.It does irk me when they bring in some celebrity and they try to inject their political views though.Remember Kanye?
    I don't always have enough to send huge or even modest sums in for donations but I do put the change from groceries in regularly for the Salvation Army.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X