JUST GOT THE "NEWS"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUST GOT THE "NEWS"

A friend from home just emailed me to pass on that VICTORIA, BC is under about a foot of snow, and the news indicates that is about -3C or about 26F for you other folks. I just had a look at the Malahat Hiway webcam, and it shor nuff don' look pertty out there.

**Guess I wont tell 'm that its around 65F here and although overcast, we dont have even a hint of snow (as yet) LOL
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

It may be "too old" for your tastes but I often listen to streaming audio live from www.650cisl.com in Vancouver when I am on the computer. It is an oldies station but does live news. Rush hour this morning was a disaster. No unecessary travel advised. It's kind of like when DC gets an inch of snow.

Stay Safe
    IACOJ

Comment

Tis the season. "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow".

Comment

bah hum bug
        Turtle Power

[||]|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|==|
        _/-|]~|__|==|==|_{}|
        _|_! =_ ! ____---_++!|
        [|--(O)----==----(O)----]

Comment

Originally posted by Rayr49
          It may be "too old" for your tastes but I often listen to streaming audio live from www.650cisl.com in Vancouver when I am on the computer. It is an oldies station but does live news. Rush hour this morning was a disaster. No unecessary travel advised. It's kind of like when DC gets an inch of snow.

Stay Safe
          IACOJ

Hheheehe I know that station very well. Used to listen to it as a kid on the AM dial. LOL And YES, very much like DC with an inch of snow.
          If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Comment

If FH wasn't such a piece of ****, maybe I would have posted information about the storm over the past 2 days. Getting really tired of the never-ending BS. It's like the site has been down a good 75% of the time over this past weekend. Very annoying.

But you're wrong, Rick. It is actually very pretty. LOL

Vancouver has already been under a boil water advisory for the past 10 or so days. Same with areas up Island. This snowstorm, on top of a month of record rain, heavy (hurricane force at times) winds, flooding, mudslides, trees down, houses crushed, you name it, is going to create absolute havoc everywhere.

Transit isn't running here today (so far). They said there was 2 cm of snow at Victoria International. That may be so, but there's about 8 inches outside my place (right by the water in Vic West/Esquimalt) and everywhere else!!! Maybe they need a new ruler?

I'm on my Flex Day today, so didn't have to worry about trying to get to work.

Sooke Road is closed due to power lines down by Slegg Lumber.

The Malahat is open but slow.

Trans Canada is closed due to power lines down by Tillicum I think they said.

Schools are all closed.

About 44,000 homes without power.

But it sure is pretty. It was fun on the way to the grocery store yesterday in the middle of the storm, it was PUKING out, huge fat flakes. Not so much fun on the way home trying to drag my groceries through the 4 inches of wet heavy snow that fell in about 2 hours LOL.

OW! My EYES! What could that be? HOLY CRAP it's the sun! Forgot what it looked like. Sun is coming out, here comes the cold. Uhhhh ohhhh not a good sign when you see "puffs" of snow blowing off the trees. brrrrrrrr add in the wind-chill! LOL
            September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
            IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
            Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Belive it or not, there were light snow flurries the other night in central Fla. Not sure what that means for the rest of the winter but it cant be a good sign.
              Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
              RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
              Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Comment

Actually I was referring to the driving conditions as not being pretty. The scenic view is always very nice under a fresh blanket of snow. Until I have to go out and pull someone's arse of out a bent up piece of metal that used to be a motor vehicle, that is.

Comment

True, true. I did take the time to spare a thought or two for the firefighters having to work out there in this mess.

See there's something happening at Lincoln Memorial. Saw some firefighters all suited and packed up on TV to check out a bottle of gatorade, a suspicious letter and a third item I can't recall. Is that close to you?

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
                  Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

This be to which you refer:

Suspicious Package Found At Lincoln Memorial

POSTED: 2:02 pm EST November 27, 2006
                    UPDATED: 2:24 pm EST November 27, 2006

WASHINGTON -- Authorities closed the Lincoln Memorial on Monday after a suspicious liquid was found in a bathroom, authorities said.

U.S. Park Police were called to the memorial just after noon for the report of a letter and two bottles with some liquid in the ladies' room, District of Columbia fire spokesman Alan Etter said.

Broadcast news reports showed emergency crews in hazardous-materials suits at work around the famous structure.

No injuries were reported.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Comment

A tractor-trailer has just lost its trailer on the #1 by Thetis Lake. That won't help matters.

Sheri
                      Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

And now a tree down on Happy Valley Road in Metchosin.

It just never ends

Sheri
                        Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

I shall go out in the boat for a sunset evening fish today, and contemplate this over a beer.
                          Attached Files
                          Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
                          Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
                            I just had a look at the Malahat Hiway webcam....
                            I have never been that bored in my whole life!
                            I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

I hope your boat doesn't sink. Brat!

I'm watching the news ... what a mess everywhere.

It was Helmecken overpass not Tillicum, Rick. Idiots were driving over the downed powerlines so the cops chose to close the highway.

All the major highways are now open on the Island, but the Malahat is single lane only.

Chicago ... this area doesn't get snow very often, and even rarer for a storm of this magnitude, so it's a big deal LOL ... Rick just wanted to see what he's missing on his previous commute to and from work

This was the worst storm in a decade. And it isn't over yet.

Sheri
                              Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader