Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Santa Blesses Sterling Church

VERY KUUL

Secret Santa Blesses Sterling Church. Church Received Same Blessing 8 Years Ago

POSTED: 6:34 am EST November 27, 2006
    UPDATED: 6:38 am EST November 27, 2006

STERLING, Va -- Some parishioners arriving for their usual Sunday service uncovered hundreds of toys on the church's doorstep, and it's not the first time it's happened.

People arriving for Sunday services at a church in Sterling, Va., found that someone had stacked hundreds of toys on each side of the church's front entrance sometime overnight.

The Rev. Wayne Snead, pastor of the Galilee United Methodist Church told News4 reporter Michael Flynn, "I walked out and the whole front was covered with toys."

Snead said he has no idea who left the toys that will end up going to needy families in the area for Christmas.

The anonymous donor left copies of a simple typed note, which read, "May each of these gifts bring joy and happiness to each and every child that receives them. Merry Christmas."

Snead said this also happened eight years ago. Someone left thousands of dollars of toys at the church and they also left the exact same note.

And the anonymous donor didn't leave just any toys. Many are popular toys that are in demand.

"I think just think people want to give out of the heart and they really don't care about the credit, it's all about the smiles on kids faces on Christmas morning," Snead said.

Church leaders said now they'll have to decide which local charities will receive all the toys.

Copyright 2006 by nbc4.com.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Originally posted by MalahatTwo7
    And the anonymous donor didn't leave just any toys. Many are popular toys that are in demand.

[/b][/color]
    Did they leave a Play Station 3? 'Cause I may need to start going to church again!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse