Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeuitEFDems
    replied
    You guys should try the "ultimate in stupidity rotary" Park Square in Pittsfield,MA (the other end of the state from the "real" rotaries). Talk about every man/woman/child for themselves. Some incomming traffic has yeild signs, some do not (not like they abide by them anyway...even with an emergency vehicle with L&S on)

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
    If it is on Cape Cod in the summer time... it's every man for himself!
    You say it like it's a challenge:
    "Merge?Yeah,c'mon over here!I'll merge with ya!I'll merge that Yugo right into the wall there!"

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    Originally posted by OlieCan
    Why are shipments by a car, and cargo on a ship?
    And why do the airlines insist on putting passengers ON planes and not IN them?I don't fly for that reason:something clocking 650 MPH at 30,000 feet,I'd rather be IN the thing and not ON it.

Leave a comment:

• nozzelvfd
    replied
    I wish I could answer all these questions, but my edumacation is not all that good!!!

Leave a comment:

• OlieCan
    replied
    Why do we drive on parkways and park in driveways?

Why are shipments by a car, and cargo on a ship?

Leave a comment:

• ThNozzleman
    replied
    Bob, You can have every dang one of them that we have here in Maryland. I absolutely hate them!! But then, I hate everything that makes me slow down.....
    Right...you who drives in a perpetual power-slide slow down for anything. Sure.
    Seriously, if we had something like that with the way people drive here, someone would be upside-down on fire every day!

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    Well............

Originally posted by ThNozzleman
    Man, you're backwards on everything, then!

I want some of those setups they have in England/UK..."roundabouts" I think? I love those things!

Bob, You can have every dang one of them that we have here in Maryland. I absolutely hate them!! But then, I hate everything that makes me slow down.....

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGonzo
    replied
    Nozz.. you don't have to go to England to experience driving on a "roundabout".. we have them right here in Massachusetts.. we call them "rotaries"...

On the smaller ones, the vehicle already in the rotary has the right of way...
    If it is on Cape Cod in the summer time... it's every man for himself!

Leave a comment:

• ThNozzleman
    replied
    That's for you east end folks.Here in Memphis,where we apologize profusely for Harold Ford Jr,,the avenues run east-west and streets run north-south.Roads,lanes,circles pretty much go wherever the subdivision designer puts them.
    Man, you're backwards on everything, then!
    I see. And just what direction do these circles go in?
    I want some of those setups they have in England/UK..."roundabouts" I think? I love those things!

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Originally posted by hwoods

That depends. If you are on the south side of the city they go clockwise. Conversely if you are on the noth side, they go counter clockwise. But it really sucks if you are in the NE, SE, NW, or SW quardrants. Depending on how close to the edge of the next sector you are, you may find yourself going clockwise at one circle and counter in the next, while still in the same quadrant. Oh.. and there are no warning signs, you are "expected to know" which is which. Personally, I try to stay out of circles. They make me dizzy.

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    Huh??........

Originally posted by doughesson
    circles pretty much go wherever the subdivision designer puts them.

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    Originally posted by ThNozzleman
    Here, our avenues run north-south, while streets run east-west, for the most part.
    That's for you east end folks.Here in Memphis,where we apologize profusely for Harold Ford Jr,,the avenues run east-west and streets run north-south.Roads,lanes,circles pretty much go wherever the subdivision designer puts them.

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    You're On...........

Since I have No Class, I'll say it:

HE'S UPSIDE DOWN.

Leave a comment:

• FlyingKiwi
    replied
    The FIRST person what says ANYTHING about him being upside down can go to the back of the class.

Leave a comment:

• fireman4949
    replied
    Why do we drive on parkways and park in driveways?

For that matter, why does my nose run and my feet smell.

Kevin

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X