No announcement yet.

Need help with a debate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The FIRST person what says ANYTHING about him being upside down can go to the back of the class.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Comment

You're On...........

Since I have No Class, I'll say it:

HE'S UPSIDE DOWN.

Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
      In memory of
      Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
      Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Originally posted by ThNozzleman
        Here, our avenues run north-south, while streets run east-west, for the most part.
        That's for you east end folks.Here in Memphis,where we apologize profusely for Harold Ford Jr,,the avenues run east-west and streets run north-south.Roads,lanes,circles pretty much go wherever the subdivision designer puts them.

Comment

Huh??........

Originally posted by doughesson
          circles pretty much go wherever the subdivision designer puts them.
          I see. And just what direction do these circles go in?

In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods

That depends. If you are on the south side of the city they go clockwise. Conversely if you are on the noth side, they go counter clockwise. But it really sucks if you are in the NE, SE, NW, or SW quardrants. Depending on how close to the edge of the next sector you are, you may find yourself going clockwise at one circle and counter in the next, while still in the same quadrant. Oh.. and there are no warning signs, you are "expected to know" which is which. Personally, I try to stay out of circles. They make me dizzy.
            If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Comment

That's for you east end folks.Here in Memphis,where we apologize profusely for Harold Ford Jr,,the avenues run east-west and streets run north-south.Roads,lanes,circles pretty much go wherever the subdivision designer puts them.
              Man, you're backwards on everything, then!
              I want some of those setups they have in England/UK..."roundabouts" I think? I love those things!
              Member IACOJ

Comment

Nozz.. you don't have to go to England to experience driving on a "roundabout".. we have them right here in Massachusetts.. we call them "rotaries"...

On the smaller ones, the vehicle already in the rotary has the right of way...
                If it is on Cape Cod in the summer time... it's every man for himself!
                ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Well............

Originally posted by ThNozzleman
                  Man, you're backwards on everything, then!

I want some of those setups they have in England/UK..."roundabouts" I think? I love those things!

Bob, You can have every dang one of them that we have here in Maryland. I absolutely hate them!! But then, I hate everything that makes me slow down.....
                  In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Bob, You can have every dang one of them that we have here in Maryland. I absolutely hate them!! But then, I hate everything that makes me slow down.....
                    Right...you who drives in a perpetual power-slide slow down for anything. Sure.
                    Seriously, if we had something like that with the way people drive here, someone would be upside-down on fire every day!
                    Member IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
                      Why do we drive on parkways and park in driveways?

Why are shipments by a car, and cargo on a ship?
                      Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
                      IACOJ

Comment

I wish I could answer all these questions, but my edumacation is not all that good!!!
                        You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

Comment

Originally posted by OlieCan
                          Why are shipments by a car, and cargo on a ship?
                          And why do the airlines insist on putting passengers ON planes and not IN them?I don't fly for that reason:something clocking 650 MPH at 30,000 feet,I'd rather be IN the thing and not ON it.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
                            If it is on Cape Cod in the summer time... it's every man for himself!
                            You say it like it's a challenge:
                            "Merge?Yeah,c'mon over here!I'll merge with ya!I'll merge that Yugo right into the wall there!"

Comment

You guys should try the "ultimate in stupidity rotary" Park Square in Pittsfield,MA (the other end of the state from the "real" rotaries). Talk about every man/woman/child for themselves. Some incomming traffic has yeild signs, some do not (not like they abide by them anyway...even with an emergency vehicle with L&S on)
                              The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X