• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlyingKiwi
    replied
    ADDENDUM TO MCM 3-1 VOL 2, CHAPTER 6: FIGHTER AIRCRAFT AND ARMAMENT

6-8.A.(5) RD-1C REINDEER

(a) General: The RD-1c is a special operations aircraft used for low level ingress transport and light bombing missions. The Reindeer often fly in a 2 column formation pulling their payload to maximize mutual support and fire power. Despite flying in close formation, a herd of RD-1's have a .01 m2 radar cross section due to stealth technology and natural selection.

(b) Deployment: North Pole only. Iraq has sent many letters to Santa to try to acquire the system. According to HUMINT sources, however, Saddam Hussein has been on the "naughty" list for the last 50 years and it is not probable that Santa will change his mind soon. Iraq does have a rumored science project to produce a similar system, but it has been plagued by a series of problems including the following: camels are afraid of heights; double humps pose serious aerodynamical problems even with thrust vectoring technology. Qusay Hussein is rumored to be in charge of this project.

(c) Armament: Although lightly armed, RD-1's have hyper-accurate optical guided weapon systems. It's the only platform that can carry both the YUK-1-8a Deer Patty and the AA-25 Antler. Although it is very accurate, the Deer patty is not a PGM. The number of munitions carried is mission and food dependent. The AA-25 Antler is an extreme close range self protection weapon, additionally, it comes in real handy during mating season. It is highly accurate due to the head mounted sight on the RD-1c. there are unconfirmed reports that the new RD-1r Rudolph has a nose mounted laser blaster giving it an anti-abominable snowman capability.

(d) Avionics: Most of the guidance commands come from a 500 year old sainted fat guy. It is assessed that the RC-1r has both a pulse doppler radar and an imaging IR capability to assist with chimney targeting. The RD-1 has the world's most advance fly-by-reins system.

(e) Expendables: See armaments

(f) Strengths and Weaknesses

Strengths:
    Very long range
    Low RCS
    Short runway take off and landing
    People don't believe they exist (Stealth)

Weaknesses:
    Requires elfin magic
    Needs heavy vet support
    Protests from animal rights activists
    People don't believe they exist (No deterrence value).

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    replied
    Originally posted by hwoods
    I don't think that the "Online" shopping will work with the computer that I have here. There are no openings anywhere near big enough to get the packages out of the computer when they come from the store.......
    That's nothing Harve.
    My PayPal tried to rob me while I was checking out!
    CR

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    Christmas shopping.My ex's favorite full contact sport,which come to think of it why she's the "X". ;-D

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    It's Not Working NJ...........

Originally posted by NJFFSA16
    Online Shopping.....there's nothing like it at this time of the year!

I don't think that the "Online" shopping will work with the computer that I have here. There are no openings anywhere near big enough to get the packages out of the computer when they come from the store.......

Leave a comment:

• NJFFSA16
    replied
    Online Shopping.....there's nothing like it at this time of the year!

Leave a comment:

• KenNFD1219
    replied
    When I worked in retail, right after High School, I hated this time of year for the same reasons Art posted. That was 25 years ago and it has only gotten worse.

My wife and her sister are going out at 4:30AM tomorrow to do their shopping.

Just to add one more pet peeve, the local schools and malls are not calling the holiday Christmas, it is now "The Festival of Giving"

Leave a comment:

• Driver76
    replied
    Christmas shopping is all about the all mighty $dollar$ Yep, two years of collage, over 35 years fighting fire with so many certs I could paper my bathroom with them, and I had that one figured out before I even got out of high school. (No rocket science involved there.)
    Last year one of the local department stores deciced that they would ban the Salvation Army from setting up their kettles by their entryway, contending that their shoppers didn't want to be bothered with the bell ringers obstructing the passage to all the great bargains. After a 15% drop in holiday sales they are begging the SA to come back this year. The all mighty dollar!
    Why do you think that these stores allow local food bank programs and Toys for Tots to place their collection barrels inside the entrys of their businesses ? Because the people who buy the food goods and toys for those barrels are spending thier money for those items in those stores. The all Mighty dollar!
    No ... I am not a cynic. I'm just tired for all the bull crap when it comes to the marketing of a holiday which has meant so much to so many people.
    Last edited by Driver76; 11-23-2006, 10:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MalahatTwo7
    replied
    Sigh. Yep, which is why I wont be anywhere near any sort of shopping outlet tomorrow (Friday). After tomorrow, any shopping will be reserved for very early on Saturdays cuz as I found out last year, this whole region becomes a zoo until after 1 Februrary.

Leave a comment:

• FlyingKiwi
    replied
    Don't contribute to "Christmas Rage"

Shop Online.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ROOKIELZ
    replied
    Truer words were never spoken, Chief.
    Part of the reason I try to get most of my shopping out of the way before the end of October.
    After that it is catalogue orders or just the last of the shopping.

Grocery stores can be just as bad.

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    Wow................

Art, I had no idea that you shopped at our WalMart.........

Leave a comment:

• ChiefReason
    started a topic Tis The Season

Tis The Season

A parent screaming at their child in the store’s aisle.
    A man cursing because he thought the person in front of him was taking too long to check out.
    A shopper racing through the store, unyielding, bumping into other shoppers and then giving THEM a look of disgust.
    A customer in near hysterics because more X Boxes won’t be in until AFTER Christmas.
    One after another sprinting past the Salvation Army kettle without dropping in so much as a nickel.
    Store associates fresh out of training ill-prepared to deal with difficult and demanding customers.
    Well stocked shelves of goods, but courtesy is in short supply.
    The elderly and disabled being ridiculed, because they can’t keep up with the maddening pace.
    Happy Holidays has been replaced with sad displays of rudeness.
    Parking lot has become the Hillbilly 500.
    Pedestrians become moving targets.
    Shopping carts are lethal weapons.
    Parking spaces become prime real estate.
    Parking sharks are stalking their victims.
    Words exchanged over who had “dibs” on a parking space.
    Horns are blaring; tempers are flaring.
    Tires squealing; cart caddies reeling.
    Car alarms sounding; stereos pounding.
    Christmas spirit in short supply, but there’s one thing you can’t deny:
    TIS THE SEASON.

It doesn’t take any more effort to be nice than it does to be nasty.
    Be patient; it will all be over soon.
    And please; remember our soldiers and their families.
    CR

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X