X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STONEREMS
    replied
    oh boy here we go again....

I cant beleive what people make such a big deal over in America these days...

-------------------------

Tempe police apologize for rap request
    The Associated Press
    Tucson, Arizona | Published: 12.03.2006
    advertisementTEMPE — City officials have apologized for a television show produced by Tempe police and aired on the city's cable channel that showed a white police officer telling two black men they could get out of a ticket if they performed a rap, authorities said.
    Tempe Mayor Hugh Hallman and city Police Chief Tom Ryff apologized for the show Thursday and suspended its production after black community leaders voiced outrage and disappointment over it.
    The segment at issue was part of "Tempe StreetBeat," which followed several police officers on patrol.
    It showed a sergeant pulling over two men in the parking lot of the Arizona Mills mall. He first asks for a name and ID from the driver and then asks the two men if they know what the fine is for littering.
    The officer then tells the men that they can avoid getting a littering ticket "if the two of you just do a little rap about — what do you want to do a rap about? Littering? About the dangers of littering." The two men agree and each performs a short rap, laughing afterward.
    The Rev. Jarrett Maupin, president of Arizona's chapter of the National Action Network, called for an investigation into the show.
    The Rev. Oscar Tillman, president of the Maricopa County chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, also expressed outrage.

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    Originally posted by ChicagoFF
    I was watching the video of the incident and on it one of the mutts is heard calling Kramer "cracker" and "whiteboy". Could someone please direct me to the footage of them apologizing for using racially inappropriate language? I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but I can't seem to find it..............
    It's in the same dustbin that holds the footage of Rodney Glenn King fighting the LAPD,CHP and other officers before the force was escalated to batons,swarming and Tasers.
    Since that part might spike the racism on Michaels' part of the story,it isn't going to be seen outside of a courtroom.The earliest part of that tape I've heard as rebroadcast on the radio,had people in the audience laughing at what was going on before someone said"Omigawd,listen to him."
    Last edited by doughesson; 11-30-2006, 01:37 PM. Reason: change the might for would

Leave a comment:

• DaSharkie
    replied
    Originally posted by wombat
    One of my favourite skiing locations near Falls Creek is "The ******heads". Seems to have escaped the political correctness police.
    Give it time. Remember, we are not even supposed to use the word "niggardly" as some people with a thimble full of brain cells think that those with some amount of intellect are being racist when they use it.

Blows one's mind when you think about it.

Leave a comment:

• wombat
    replied
    Political correctness

One of my favourite skiing locations near Falls Creek is "The ******heads". Seems to have escaped the political correctness police.

Leave a comment:

• E229Lt
    replied
    Never mind
    Last edited by E229Lt; 11-29-2006, 07:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DaSharkie
    replied
    Originally posted by ChicagoFF
    I was watching the video of the incident and on it one of the mutts is heard calling Kramer "cracker" and "whiteboy". Could someone please direct me to the footage of them apologizing for using racially inappropriate language? I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but I can't seem to find it..............

Oh come on now. Don't you know that Liberalism allows one race to say things while holding "The Oppressor" to another standard?

Leave a comment:

• OlieCan
    replied
    Andy Rooney-
    "I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door."

Truth.

Leave a comment:

• jasper45
    replied
    I was watching the video of the incident and on it one of the mutts is heard calling Kramer "cracker" and "whiteboy".

C'mon now, you know all too well that there is nothing racist about that, many words have multiple meanings. They must have been using it as a term of 'endearment'.

Leave a comment:

• ChicagoFF
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doughesson
    replied
    Originally posted by firemanjb
    It's just as degrading as people (whites and blacks) refering to others as "dog." That's as blatant an attempt at dehumanization as anything. I'll actually remind people, "I am not a dog. I know you don't think you are being rude, but you are. You can call me officer, sir or Mr., but not dog."

I know the feeling.When driving an ice cream truck this summer,I'd have people whistle at me but usually I'd keep going til I heard"Hey,ice cream!" for that reason.
    If asked,I always reply,"I thought someone was calling for their dog to come."
    Others that don't take the hint get the speech about"Do you whistle for the waiter at Folks'Folly? (high brow place here)".
    Segueing to Gloria Allred,if she was really all that interested in social justice,why isn't she representing Heckle and Jeckle pro bono?

Leave a comment:

• firemanjb
    replied
    Originally posted by DaSharkie
    Now why would anyone want to do that? That is just plain silly.
    LOL...yeah, I know...I'm kinda goofy that way.

Leave a comment:

• DaSharkie
    replied
    Originally posted by firemanjb
    Treat others as you want to be treated...act professionally to be treated like a professional...act like an adult to be treated like an adult.
    Now why would anyone want to do that? That is just plain silly.

Leave a comment:

• firemanjb
    replied
    Originally posted by SSTONER
    Term of endearment?? I have yet to see a black person go up to their mother and say "whatz up my nigga?".

I dont see the majority of blacks call each other ******s - maybe if you watch MTV all day it may seem that way.
    Really? Maybe not to their mother, but certainly to friends and family. Where I work, that word gets tossed around by blacks WAY too much for my comfort.

Sometimes the tone is amiable, which usually begets what I take to be a more playful "nigga." Sometimes the tone is hostile, which usually evokes the harsher "******."

Either way, it's a racial epithet that would be unacceptable coming from any other ethnic group, in any type of tone or context. I think blacks who use the term (-a or -er) are doing a disservice to themselves and fellow blacks across the US.

It's just as degrading as people (whites and blacks) refering to others as "dog." That's as blatant an attempt at dehumanization as anything. I'll actually remind people, "I am not a dog. I know you don't think you are being rude, but you are. You can call me officer, sir or Mr., but not dog."

Hispanics in my sector frequently use "amigo" to refer generically to people. Think of the different picture that paints, calling strangers and aquainances alike "friend" rather than comparing them to an animal.

Treat others as you want to be treated...act professionally to be treated like a professional...act like an adult to be treated like an adult.

Leave a comment:

• drparasite
    replied
    if you want to hear the word ****** used, all you have to do is listen to a Chris Rock comedy show. but i guess it's ok if some people use it, while others can't?

if the two hecklers were Italians, and richards called them ginnies, do you think this would be garnishing the same amount of outrage? or if they have been Hispanic, and he used the word spic? or any other race and racial slur used?

didn't think so.

Leave a comment:

• DaSharkie
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiefReason
    Which is why the DICTIONARY was invented.
    Sorry, Nozz, but I'm not comfortable with you being the sole source of the meanings of my words.
    With your logic, every word of every sentence will be reduced to divining the "intention" of the speaker or the writer.

Such is the lean of many "Progressive" folks. Speech is to restricted because the intent of people, not what the actual words are.

If you are offended, you will just have to be a big boy and get the hell over it.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X