Seinfeld, Guest starring KKKramer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catch22
    Just as an observation (and a good point I picked up in Coach Carter), but does the young black society not teach other ethinicities to use the "N-word"? Honestly, if it's OK for one person to use it, why should the be offended when someone else does? It'd be the same as me using derogatory terms for Native Americans or white people then complaining about someone else doing it.

At the same time, I cannot remember any time I've heard anyone apologize for using the terms "cracker," "honky," or "whitey," "spic," "Mic," "beaner," or any other of a variety of terms.

Seems like it's a bit of a double standard. If our society trully wants to rid itself of racism, everyone needs to play their part. This is just one of many examples of things that keep racism alive and going.
    Because most racial "nicknames" will get nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders, while a few will still evoke a very swift and animated reaction.
    But then; that is why they are used. They are used to get a reaction with a side order of humiliation, hurt and is a regression to unmitigated random, racial hatred seen at the turn of the century and into the 1960s.
    We have come a long ways, but still have a ways to go as evidenced by the story of the black firefighter who was served dogfood on his spaghetti. I wouldn't do that to a, well, a dog, let alone another person and in this case a brother firefighter.
    People went to the Laugh Zone to see "Kramer". Instead, they got Michael Richards. A very ****ed off Michael Richards.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Comment

Have the azzhole hecklers apologized for ruining everyones show?
      I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

Because most racial "nicknames" will get nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders, while a few will still evoke a very swift and animated reaction.
        If you'll remember, it wasn't "whitey" hanging from the trees, living under the whip, unable to vote, or dying in church bombings. I see the usual lot in here making excuses for this crap. You guys are pathetic.
        Member IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by ThNozzleman
          If you'll remember, it wasn't "whitey" hanging from the trees, living under the whip, unable to vote, or dying in church bombings. I see the usual lot in here making excuses for this crap. You guys are pathetic.
          Robert... thers is no excuse.

Michael Richards lost it.

He apologized.

Now it's up the the African American community to accept his apology and move on. It is also up to the African American community to put their foot down on their own brothers and sisters using the "N" word.

You cannot get respect if you don't respect yourself.
          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

What's pathetic about that?
            I was stating that there are still some racial slurs that cut to the bone. I wasn't making excuses for Richards. I don't know the whole story, but I do know that the two gentlemen who disrupted his show are now suing the ****e out of him. I'm sure that will erase all of the memories of Meredith, King, Little Rock, Medger Evers, James Earl Ray. I empathize with them more than you might think. I lived through those years of the Watts riots, the March on Washington and I supported the cause as a teen ager. Don't read too much into my posts. It just gets you angry.
            CR
            Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

Oh and everyone has commented on how civil this discussion has been.
              Let's try and keep it that way.
              CR
              Visit www.iacoj.com

Comment

Now it's up the the African American community to accept his apology and move on. It is also up to the African American community to put their foot down on their own brothers and sisters using the "N" word.
                How it's used makes a lot of difference. I think they've earned the right to use it as a term of endearment, if they so choose. Like I said, the history of whites use of the term towards blacks pretty much puts it in a much more serious light, in my opinion. I'm sure we would have a hell of a different take on the word "cracker" if it had been US (whites) suffering for a couple of hundred years, treated not much better than animals.
                What's pathetic about that?
                What I call pathetic is the same old lame excuses of how blacks just need to get over it and not be so offended by a mere word. Some people just don't get it, and never will. Here's a perfect example:
                I never understood why people got hurt by words in the first place... If it was a white man who came up with the word ******, all the blacks saying it keeps it alive.
                Trust me, the word is very much alive without any black person EVER had said it. But, I guess you just don't understand that, do you?
                Member IACOJ

Comment

How it's used makes a lot of difference. I think they've earned the right to use it as a term of endearment, if they so choose.
                  Man, that has to the the dumbest thing I have heard come out of your keyboard yet.

Term of endearment?? I have yet to see a black person go up to their mother and say "whatz up my nigga?".

Obviously the years in which salvery was accepted and the years to follow have been a struggle on both sides. My parents parents, were racist in their own rights.

My grandparents owned a bar in Gordon Neb. They hated the sioux indians in that region - wouldnt serve them in that bar - but my grandfather had no problems taking the plumbing they ripped out of the newly built homes on the rez in exchange for wine.

My father who is hispanic, and who never admit it out right, was racist towards blacks. He never had a nice thing to say about them and never had black friends etc.

The saving grace in all of this and the small point of my story, was my grandmother and mother - they never hated anyone and made sure I was brought up to judge people on who they are and not what color they are.

I firmly beleive that if every child is taught that principle racism will become the exception and not the rule.

As someone mentioned in a earlier post, I have said rude things about someone of every race at somepoint in my life - god knows I am not perfect - and each race has each share of *******s.

I dont see the majority of blacks call each other ******s - maybe if you watch MTV all day it may seem that way.
                  Warm Regards,
                  Shawn Stoner
                  EMT-B

Comment

Originally posted by SSTONER
                    My grandparents owned a bar in Gordon Neb. They hated the sioux indians in that region - wouldnt serve them in that bar - but my grandfather had no problems taking the plumbing they ripped out of the newly built homes on the rez in exchange for wine.
                    Grandfather and various great-grandparents, and beyond, experienced the same kind of thing, but on the other side of the coin, being Indian. My grandfather was born to a German land-owner's daughter, father being one of the Indian workers on the farm. They were disowned and sent to fend for themselves. Since that, he took shame in his heritage.

I've experienced some of the same things in my life. Mainly resentment over those who recieve a check or free benefits from the tribe (even though I'm not a card carrying tribe member). I've also experienced what they call "reverse racism" in college (I think that term is BS anyway, it's still racism).

I don't consider the n-word a term of endearment. I don't walk up to anyone and call them whitey, redman, [email protected]$%#r, spic, beaner, b!tch, or anything else disrespectful, no matter how well I know them. You should probably also notice other minorities don't use those kinds of "terms of endearment" towards each other. Can't say as I've ever heard a woman call another woman a b!tch without a cat fight ensuing. When was the last time you saw a black man old enough to remember the tribulations of those days use one of those fine "terms of endearment?" Probably because they remember what that word means in its truest form.

Richards is an *** in my book, what he did was wrong and his career should be over, and I'm sure it is well on its way. But at the same time, show the same ill will towards everyone that does the same. I'd personally like to see the media get in an uproar the next time a comedian, rapper, musician, or anyone else use the same kind of term or disrespect. I don't remember this big of a stink when Kanye West made his remark about Bush. Or even when Eva Longoria and her boyfriend decided to call a cop racist names. But apparently that's different in the eyes of the media, who I think are a major part of the problem.

Comment

He's not sorry for what he said, he's sorry for getting caught on camera.

I would respect him lot more if he hadn't apologized, beleive it or not. I don't agree at all with what he said, but if it's what he truly believes then he should explain it and take the punches like a man. Instead he's whimpering in a corner and begging forgiveness.

If you're going to ruin your career, at least know that you did it by being true to yourself and not caving in to what the masses want. Regardless of how unpopular your beleifs are.

Comment

Originally posted by WaterbryVTfire
                        And its okay for the whacko libbie celebs, to bash the President and the Republicans at every chance? While not the same kind of thing, I still think its a double standard. Leave the guy alone.

I find it interesting that the political party that claims to care more for blacks than any other party is the same one that claims members or at least the votes of people like Bull Conner(hosed down people for marching for equal Rights),J.Edgar Hoover(kept dossiers on people in the civil rights movement) and Robert Byrd(retired Garnd Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan).
                        I don't know how anyone would think that that bunch cared about anything but what they can squeeze out of the voters.

Comment

Have the two mutt hecklers apologized yet for their behavior and their complete disregard for the other members of the audience?
                          I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFF
                            Have the two mutt hecklers apologized yet for their behavior and their complete disregard for the other members of the audience?
                            Apologize?! They've retained Gloria Allred to sue Richards for the stress and mental anguish he inflicted. There was a video of an interview done by Matt Lauer. If I can find it, I'll post a link.

I found it more quickly than I expected (it has to play through the commercial)....
                            Heckler's interview
                            Last edited by Steamer; 11-24-2006, 01:50 PM.
                            Steve Gallagher
                            IACOJ BOT
                            ----------------------------
                            "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by Steamer
                              Apologize?! They've retained Gloria Allred to sue Richards for the stress and mental anguish he inflicted. There was a video of an interview done by Matt Lauer. If I can find it, I'll post a link.

I found it more quickly than I expected (it has to play through the commercial)....
                              Heckler's interview
                              They are looking for money "for their pain"...

and Gloria Allred is looking for her cut of the money.
                              ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                              Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Man, that has to the the dumbest thing I have heard come out of your keyboard yet.
                                It makes perfect sense.
                                Term of endearment?? I have yet to see a black person go up to their mother and say "whatz up my nigga?".
                                And why would they? It's more of a fraternal thing...surely you realize this.
                                Again, my point is that the term is not used as a racist remark when used in this fashion. Why is this so damned hard for you people to grasp? Their use of the word has absolutely nothing to do with it being used for years as a racist term, directed with hatred towards a disenfranchised people for hundreds of years, simply because their skin color is different. To offer up their particular use of the word as a distraction from its racist use by whites is without merit. And to think it's just as bad as its racist use is just plain ignorant.
                                Member IACOJ

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X