Seinfeld, Guest starring KKKramer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seinfeld, Guest starring KKKramer?

Don't think I'll be ever to look at the "K" man quite the same way again. I wonder which excuse he's going to use to explain this, ie. alcoholism, drugs, lack of sleep, mistreated as a child, etc. George was always my favorite character anyways...

http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/20/kramer...ape/1#comments

So that is how you throw a successful career down the tubes in 3 minutes.

PKFPD
    IACOJ and proud of it

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by pkfd7505
      So that is how you throw a successful career down the tubes in 3 minutes.
      It kinda shows why no one in that cast can keep a show for a season.None of them can act alone.

Comment

Ok, I have a question..... Not that I recomend this, but can someone be charged with something if they talk "that talk"? Just wondering.

Anyway, that was just plain stupid.

Comment

Not that Im saying this is a good thing by any means, but give him a break (I can't see the video, but from what I have read...) they attacked him by saying things frist, and he attacked back. I'm not saying racism is good by any means, but it should be taken with a grain of salt. watch an episode of South Park or Family Guy.

Anyone ever heard of Chris Rock? What about all his racism twards whites?

No bashing on him? Is it because of all the years of racism and slavery that most people today had nothing to do with?

Again, Im not saying its a good thing, but there is way too much of a stir over this.
          Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
          IACOJ

Comment

I am glad the biggest problem we have in this country is worrying about what a ****ed off,foamng at the mouth comedian had to say. We are a nation of hypocrites. If you have never used a derogatory remark about someone who is "different" then you, God Bless you. Most of us have at one time or another. It happens. Who really cares? One of the top news stories for TWO days now. Isn't about time for a shark to attack someone surfing?
            IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

I find it funny that on a video like this the host still takes the time to make sure a commercial for a kid's movie plays before the clip.
              Brian P. Vickers
              www.vickersconsultingservices.com
              Emergency Services Consulting
              Westlake VFD - Houston, TX
              Proud Member IACOJ - Redneck Division

Comment

Originally posted by tfpd109
                Ok, I have a question..... Not that I recomend this, but can someone be charged with something if they talk "that talk"? Just wondering.

Anyway, that was just plain stupid.
                Freedom of speech is nearly absolute. Given the vehemence with which he spoke, and the mixed racial environment, at most he might be charged with Disorderly Conduct. It's a misdemeanor in KY, so probably not worth prosecuting.

The damage to his career is much greater than any legal system could met out.
                My comments are sometimes educated, sometimes informed and sometimes just blowing smoke...but they are always mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon anyone else (especially my employer).

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjb
                  Freedom of speech is nearly absolute. Given the vehemence with which he spoke, and the mixed racial environment, at most he might be charged with Disorderly Conduct. It's a misdemeanor in KY, so probably not worth prosecuting.

The damage to his career is much greater than any legal system could met out.

Ok, thank you. I'm not saying that I think he should be charged (or shouldn't be), it was purely for my own knowledge

Comment

I find it interesting that Richards just ruined his career by saying words and references that Chris Rock and a number of other black comedians and musicians make a career out of using.

Not that I think it's right, but I don't think the latter is right, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch22
                      I find it interesting that Richards just ruined his career by saying words and references that Chris Rock and a number of other black comedians and musicians make a career out of using.

Not that I think it's right, but I don't think the latter is right, either.

It all depends on what color your skin is.

That statement I just made is not racist. Just the truth.

And I agree, there are more important things to worry about in life.

Freedom of speech protect the speech that you don't like.
                      "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

The problem is not really what was said by Richards, but the way he said it.

Many comedians use race for humor. They pick a race (black, white, jewish, etc..) and point out differences in behavior, speech, looks, etc...in an attempt to make people laugh. I don't really see a problem with that.

Richards, at least in this clip, did not have humor in mind. He was using hate and anger. He said what he said because he wanted to verbally hurt these people, not because he wanted to make people laugh.

Chris Rock says: "Right now, my job is that I'm like an ambulance chaser. I've got to look for movies with white guys falling out of them"

Richards says: "50 years ago we would have you upside down with a fork up your a**....you are a godd*** N*****."

The motivation makes one a joke, the other a racist rant.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
                        "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by MarcusKspn

Many comedians use race for humor. They pick a race (black, white, jewish, etc..) and point out differences in behavior, speech, looks, etc...in an attempt to make people laugh. I don't really see a problem with that.

Richards, at least in this clip, did not have humor in mind. He was using hate and anger. He said what he said because he wanted to verbally hurt these people, not because he wanted to make people laugh.

Chris Rock says: "Right now, my job is that I'm like an ambulance chaser. I've got to look for movies with white guys falling out of them"

Richards says: "50 years ago we would have you upside down with a fork up your a**....you are a godd*** N*****."

I agree to an extent. Obviously Richards did have anger fueling his fire, and Chris rock didn't, but in the end, does it really matter that much?

I recently had a survey on a different site asking people if all the religous/racist things said on Family Guy bothered people, most it didn't, but there were a lot that did. Does the amount of people you're hurting make it any better? in other words, does saying something to hurt one person make it any less bad than saying it to hurt a ton? Many have petitioned to get Family Guy off the air, but I think the show is funny as hell.

Richards has also apologized since the incident, and thats really all he can do. Theres not a person in the world that can say there hasn't been a time where they have either said something racist or hateful or someone who can say at one point they havn't lost their cool at a time.

Strike 1 for Richards. Lets hope it doesn't happen again.

Sorry for the terrible spelling.

OlieCan
                          Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
                          IACOJ

Comment

Originally posted by MarcusKspn

Neither one is acceptable. If you don't like one person using the word, then someone else cannot. Regardless of the motivation.
                            "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Comment

I agree that any motivation can hurt, but the severity is different.

He has said he is sorry, that is all he can do, and be careful with his words.

The problem with people in Richards position is that they are always in the public eye. If you and I have a terrible day and have a severe laps in judgement it is not going to end up on the news that night (unless its on the job).
                              "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X